Old 10-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #1  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Unreliable coach

Has anyone else had problems with their coach being unreliable? I was suppose to have my 4th weigh in this morning and when I got to the clinic, the door was locked. Last week when I booked the appointment, she told me it might be nip and tuck if that would work, but she would call me if she had to reschedule. I didn't hear from her at all this week, so I assumed our appointment was still on. I'm mad because this is the second appointment she's missed. And I had to get up an hour earlier this morning to be at this appointment. She just left a sob story message on my voicemail about losing her cell phone and not being able to contact me because she was out of town. I'm still not impressed.

Sorry to sound like a negative nancy, but I'm paying a lot of money do this and I feel like going to weekly appointments with her is a waste of my time and I don't know if I want to give her anymore of my money. I don't think there is anywhere else in town to go to, so maybe I should try ordering online?
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandrockets View Post
Has anyone else had problems with their coach being unreliable? I was suppose to have my 4th weigh in this morning and when I got to the clinic, the door was locked. Last week when I booked the appointment, she told me it might be nip and tuck if that would work, but she would call me if she had to reschedule. I didn't hear from her at all this week, so I assumed our appointment was still on. I'm mad because this is the second appointment she's missed. And I had to get up an hour earlier this morning to be at this appointment. She just left a sob story message on my voicemail about losing her cell phone and not being able to contact me because she was out of town. I'm still not impressed.

Sorry to sound like a negative nancy, but I'm paying a lot of money do this and I feel like going to weekly appointments with her is a waste of my time and I don't know if I want to give her anymore of my money. I don't think there is anywhere else in town to go to, so maybe I should try ordering online?
Do you have another clinic near you that you could switch too? I hate that you are having issues with her, You need to write to the Headquarters and let them know about this issue. Go to the website, contact us and email them!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Do you have another clinic near you that you could switch too? I hate that you are having issues with her, You need to write to the Headquarters and let them know about this issue. Go to the website, contact us and email them!
I don't think there is another clinic in my town, but I'm going to inquire today. I have a former employee that did it and I'm going to find out where she was going. Otherwise I think I might just try to tackle it on my own buy ordering online. I feel like I've been doing this on my own for the last 4 weeks anyway.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #4  

My coach and I had a mis-communication week when she changed office locations. She gave me a free box for my trouble. She offered it.

You might have to ask. Remember this person is running a business and should be running it professionally. I LOVE wuv's idea!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #5  

Unfortunately I don't think this woman knows how to run a business very well. I was paying by debit/credit card the first couple times which meant having to use the machine at the doctor's office because she didn't have one. She said she'd prefer I bring cash. So last week I brought cash and she didn't even have change. How do you run a business like that? I should tell my customers that I no longer accept debit or credit cards, and that they have to pay by cash but they won't get any change back. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be impressed cuz I know I sure wasn't.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #6  

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't think this woman knows how to run a business very well. I was paying by debit/credit card the first couple times which meant having to use the machine at the doctor's office because she didn't have one. She said she'd prefer I bring cash. So last week I brought cash and she didn't even have change. How do you run a business like that? I should tell my customers that I no longer accept debit or credit cards, and that they have to pay by cash but they won't get any change back. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be impressed cuz I know I sure wasn't.
OMGosh......make sure and EMAIL on the website PLEASE!...let them know all of this!..ASAP! that is just crazy!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #7  
Started IP on 10/06/2012

S/C/G: 266/249/175

Height: 68"

Default Your Time Has Value

I'm a Financial Advisor. I am a professional. My time is valuable. My time HAS value.

If you make an appointment with someone and they put themselves out to the public as a professional, and then they do not show up for their appointment and you do, then they have essentially taken money from you. (I theory to some it sounds harsh).

Contact that professional and advise them that you were at the meeting place at the time and date that you had agreed upon. Determine what it cost you, gas, wear and tear on your vehicle, and what YOUR TIME is worth. (My professional rate for preparing custom financial plans is $120/hour) - Dont go overboard on your rate. Be realistic. Advise the professional that their missed appointment represented X dollars of your time and you expect to be reimbursed for that time.

NOW....if they balk and apologize profusely and DONT agree to pay the first time, let it go, but make sure that they understand that any future missed appointments will require remuneration.

Again....some people may think this harsh, but check your Doctor's or Dentist's or Attorney's office the next time you are there and somewhere it will most likely have a sign or they may have had you sign a document that agrees that you will be charged for any appointment that you miss that you didnt call to RESCHEDULE (not cancel) within 24 hours of the appointment.

Putting yourself out as a professional demands that you act like a professional and that you adhere you professional standards.

This program is not cheap, and for all of us this is an extremely important path that we have chosen to take in our lives and to not be treated professionally is not acceptable.

End of Rant.
Chunk Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #8  

Yes I definately will. I don't see how any business can run like that.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #9  

The first time she missed my appointment, I almost felt like she was blaming me. She actually scheduled me the wrong day, but I know I had the right day and we had to make it up on MY time, which I thought was kind of rude. I haven't called her back yet. She wants to set up an appointment with me tomorrow, but I don't feel like I should have to do this again on my time.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #10  
Started IP on 10/06/2012

S/C/G: 266/249/175

Height: 68"

Quote:
I don't think there is another clinic in my town, but I'm going to inquire today. I have a former employee that did it and I'm going to find out where she was going. Otherwise I think I might just try to tackle it on my own buy ordering online. I feel like I've been doing this on my own for the last 4 weeks anyway.
One thing I have learned in the short time I've been here is.....

If you DO go it alone, you will not BE ALONE.....the members of this site will be here to hold you up and keep you going!!!
Chunk Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk Yeager View Post
One thing I have learned in the short time I've been here is.....

If you DO go it alone, you will not BE ALONE.....the members of this site will be here to hold you up and keep you going!!!
EXACTLY!......You are NEVER ALONE......WE are ALWAYS here for each other.... regardless if you are doing it with strictly IP products or using alternatives.....WE are ALL on the SAME journey!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #12  

I couldn't agree more. I find this site so helpful. Anytime I have a questions, I can usually find an answer here and if not, I just ask and someone has the answer. This site has been nothing but amazing for support. My coach on the other hand, not so much.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/StartIP232.2/220.4/145

Height: 5'3"

Morning Starsandrockets,
As a manager myself, I would rather someone come to me and tell me how they are feeling and thinking before going to my 'boss'. That way I know I have something to fix and get the chance at salvaging the relationship. I would tell her your frustration and that you are thinking of leaving her business. Be prepared to have a rocky relationship if you go to her boss. Tell her you were disappointed with her service thus far on such an important journey you are taking and explain this adds stress to an already stressful situation. I mean it is not every day we trust our health and well-being to another person. She needs to understand she is losing that trust. I am not saying be confrontational, just truthful and honest. Email is better for some. I try to make a sandwich when I have a complaint... lol meaning good news, bad news, good news. Like- I really appreciate this program and you being in the area to get me started, I have been very disappointed these last few weeks and feel like I am on my own and thinking of just doing this on my own. I would like to work with you and reach my goals together. I am so glad you are offering this service for those of us in need.
If she was on the program herself before, then you have different positives you could fit in there. If she doesn't respond positively or with a fix for the situation. Then I would let her know you are leaving and go to the boss. Then go it alone with this amazing website- without any doubts. I myself do not have a coach and never have, but both my husband and I are on it and keeping each other accountable- so I know that is important. These are all just my opinions and I could be totally way off base and some might disagree- I understand that and feel no ill will.
For you I hope this stress goes away and you have an awesome OP week!!!
~My
My2loseW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

No, I disagree with the idea of going to this coach with your complaints... listen to Luv, stop seeing her and call the head office.

This woman is demanding to be paid in cash and is missing appointments. Can you even be sure she is an actual representitive of the company? Is she cheating on taxes or a welfare fraud? (the only reasons I can think of to demand cash)
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 253/StartIP232.2/220.4/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drixnot View Post
No, I disagree with the idea of going to this coach with your complaints... listen to Luv, stop seeing her and call the head office.

This woman is demanding to be paid in cash and is missing appointments. Can you even be sure she is an actual representitive of the company? Is she cheating on taxes or a welfare fraud? (the only reasons I can think of to demand cash)
I do agree the cash thing is ridiculous.
My2loseW8 is offline   Reply With Quote