Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/222/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Week 1 of ideal protein

Hello. I am brand new to ideal protein and I am also brand new to 3 fat chicks on a diet. Today was my first weigh in after finishing a week of ideal protein. I honestly did not expect a big weight loss today. I am constantly dieting and I figured I have ruined my metabolism. I just don't lose weight like I use too. I am 33 years old. When I was in my teens and in my early 20's weight use to come off fairly easy. The past few years I have not been able to lose more than 20 pounds and that was hard to get off. I need to lose 90 pounds. Last week I weighed in at 239. I went in today to weigh in and I was 229! I lost 10 pounds in 6 days!!! I was floored! Needless to say, I am highly encouraged today that I made the right decision to do ideal protein.

Is there anyone else on here that has some encouraging words about ideal protein? Or is there anyone else that is new to ideal protein?
idealette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #2  

I just started but here is my take on it. Personally for me, it was less about replacing junk food with junk food that fits into the diet. My goal was to eliminate the bad stuff: for myself and for my family. Don't get hung up on this type of food or that type of food.

I decided from the beginning that I wasn't going to get hung up on recipes using IP or alternatives. The food was going to be the food. I can live with protein drinks, bars, and an occasional snack. I gave up chips, cookies, cakes long ago so I have no desire to bring them back in. So my challenge is to come up with inventive ways to use more vegetables and pass that along to my family.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.8/190/160

Height: 5'8

Congratulations on your big loss!!! 10lbs is amazing, now just have to stick with it. I just started last week 10/5 and lost 6.8lbs in my first week, today is day 1 of week 2 and I am highly motivated. This website is great, lots of support and encouraging words.... it is my daily go to website at work. Good luck on your journey It is just the beginning!!!
Ellabella250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Welcome to the IP family, Make this site another accountablity tool for support, check in on the daily chat or in the home of the 100% thread. You will come across a lot of different coaching, most importantly listen to YOUR coach, she will know what is best for you. We all share what our coaches suggest for us, some are the same some are different. Just want you to know and be informed that there will be some differences sometimes so don't be confused.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

That's a fantastic first weigh in!

I would suggest reading this thread so you understand why cheating is a bad idea. I'm sure after that fabulous weigh in, cheating is the farthest thing from your mind, but this might help you a few weeks from now.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html

Follow the plan 100% and you should have no problems getting to goal.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

I just started on 10/9 and my first weigh in will be on Wednesday. I feel pretty good most days and remember why I am doing this when bad thoughts start to creep in. Congrats on your loss!! I am nervous and excited for my weigh in. I feel better and made it through my first test, a kids halloween party with snacks galore, on Saturday. Keep up the great work!
kileymed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on the fabulous WI! I am on my 3rd week, and I feel great. You can find out pretty much anything you want to know on here about IP, or at least I have. And the support is awesome. Welcome
dawn again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #8  

Default Week 1 of IP

Hi - really that 10 lbs is amazing. I had to weigh in early this time because I have a trip out of town........so I had lost 5 lbs in 5 days. I'm psyched and ready to continue!
snobird118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #9  
Started IP 10/11/12

S/C/G: 318/255/165

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on your big loss! I just started Ideal Protein too and I really like it. I've been able to stay 100% compliant and I think the first week would be the hardest for that. I weigh in on Friday. There are so many inspirational stories here!
FutureHealthyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #10  

Keep up the great work! I'm on week 3 and am going strong. I'm nowhere near as tired as I used to be and am ready to add exercise next week !
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations! I'm new here too. I started week #3 on Monday. So far, I am down 16+ lbs!!!!!! The same stinking weight I've been gaining and losing since I had kids I'm just starting to get a little more adventurous with my food options. I made some Cauliflower Leek Soup for lunch and it was awesome! The first couple weeks, I didn't stray from the shake and raw vegetables. Now that I kind of know what I'm doing, I'm ready to start working on some new recipes. I also found some great ones to try under the newbies sticky. I've also realized I need to have some on-plan treats for myself, otherwise the urge to cheat is too high. I really don't want to cheat and delay my progress. I am SOOOO looking forward to getting out of the 190's Some of the best advice I found on the this site is to be prepared with a meal and supplements in your purse at all times. I think that really helps, and the sooner you get it in there, the less likely you are to go OP.

Mandy
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #12  
Started IP 11/28/12

Congrats on your big week!!

I'm going into my 3rd week and lost 4 lbs the first week and 4.4 the second week. I was bummed at first because I thought I would be one of those that lost 10 lbs the first week. But you know 4 lbs is great too and it's really not about how fast I'm losing, but that I'm losing. At least that's what I tell myself.
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/233.7/220

Height: 5"11

Congrats. Great first week. The first week is usually the best.. it seems to average about 2-3 lbs a week after that.
az365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Great work. I started 12/10 and my first WI was yesterday with a -6lbs in four days. Like you I have tried and failed many diets. Since this was the one recommended by my Dr., I am going for it. He is my encouragement and will be seeing him monthly for blood work. Listen to your coach and see your Dr. if something doesn't feel right. They should be in your corner as well. Hugs and good luck!
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Great work. I started 12/10 and my first WI was yesterday with a -6lbs in four days. Like you I have tried and failed many diets. Since this was the one recommended by my Dr., I am going for it. He is my encouragement and will be seeing him monthly for blood work. Listen to your coach and see your Dr. if something doesn't feel right. They should be in your corner as well. Hugs and good luck!
Lucky you with your doctor in your corner.
I went to my doc Wednesday and his response was less than stellar after reviewing the info: "Meat, veggies, and protein powders? Couldn't you have done this on your own without the expense?"

My response: Yeah. I was being really successful with that, wasn't I.

Crickets after that. Got my point across
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote