Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #16  
Kristina Marie

S/C/G: 259.4/259.4/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies! I've been lurking for some time. I'm a medical consultant for a local IP center. I know a considerable amount about a ketogenic diet specifically in epilepsy management but for weight loss is new for me. I have PCOS and your classic Syndrome X excluding HTN. My role previously in the center has been very little in the background. However, the center is really picking up momentum and the owner wants me to step up and be more active, especially with the New Year approaching. I was going to wait until after the New Year to start but to gain some experience beforehand and to potentially move into a coach role, I'm going to be starting the diet more than likely this week. I'm nervous yet excited. I grew up in a very meat and potatoes type of family. I never had salad growing up, we really only ate root vegetables and some fruits. Since marrying and moving away from home, I've expanded my horizons. I know I'm going to have to get out of my comfort zone to try some new things to stay OP.

I didn't mean to bomb your daily thread! I wondered if anyone else had issues with hypoglycemia and IP? I have occasional hypoglycemia related to insulin resistance/hyperinsulemia issues. I currently take metformin for it. I know I will keep an extra packet around if I start having those s/s but I was wondering how much it would actually be a problem. Any advice or tips? TIA!!

Last edited by R0xyg4l; 10-15-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #17  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0xyg4l View Post
Hello ladies! I've been lurking for some time. I'm a medical consultant for a local IP center. I know a considerable amount about a ketogenic diet specifically in epilepsy management but for weight loss is new for me. I have PCOS and your classic Syndrome X excluding HTN. My role previously in the center has been very little in the background. However, the center is really picking up momentum and the owner wants me to step up and be more active, especially with the New Year approaching. I was going to wait until after the New Year to start but to gain some experience beforehand and to potentially move into a coach role, I'm going to be starting the diet more than likely this week. I'm nervous yet excited. I grew up in a very meat and potatoes type of family. I never had salad growing up, we really only ate root vegetables and some fruits. Since marrying and moving away from home, I've expanded my horizons. I know I'm going to have to get out of my comfort zone to try some new things to stay OP.

I didn't mean to bomb your daily thread! I wondered if anyone else had issues with hypoglycemia and IP? I have occasional hypoglycemia related to insulin resistance/hyperinsulemia issues. I currently take metformin for it. I know I will keep an extra packet around if I start having those s/s but I was wondering how much it would actually be a problem. Any advice or tips? TIA!!
There is an alternate phase 1 plan that is for diabetics. I wonder if you might need to follow that plan or maybe a hybrid of the two phase 1 plans.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Hello everyone! Was off last week with my youngest for fall break so I am playing catch-up. Hope everyone has a great OP day...we only have 1/2 of a Monday left, thank goodness!!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #19  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

I left my vitamins in my bf's car last night so I couldn't take them this morning Had a rough morning and it got the best of me...had a latte. Just finished my EAS Carb Control drink and tonight after work I am off to the gym! Still a little sore from last workout so might just work on the elliptical trainer
Old 10-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #20  

Crazy, crazy week ahead for me ending in a weekend trip to the beach (Orange Beach, Alabama - the most gorgeous beach ever!) My list of foods to bring far exceeds my clothes etc list! hahaha & I reserved a room for us that has a microwave and frig. I think I'm learning how to survive on this program! Im hoping and praying for good results this week. I just have to plan like crazy for the crazy days ahead!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #21  
Kristina Marie

S/C/G: 259.4/259.4/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
There is an alternate phase 1 plan that is for diabetics. I wonder if you might need to follow that plan or maybe a hybrid of the two phase 1 plans.
Thank you! I do remember that being mentioned. I will have to talk with my "coach" tomorrow!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #22  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon Everyone! Since I hit and passed my 25lbs lost mark I went and got my hair done this morning. It feels awesome to have a new color! Spent most of my morning running around getting things done- excited to just play with the kids this afternoon.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on your 25 lbs and hair do! Feels so good to get your hair done
Old 10-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #24  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Crazy, crazy week ahead for me ending in a weekend trip to the beach (Orange Beach, Alabama - the most gorgeous beach ever!) My list of foods to bring far exceeds my clothes etc list! hahaha & I reserved a room for us that has a microwave and frig. I think I'm learning how to survive on this program! Im hoping and praying for good results this week. I just have to plan like crazy for the crazy days ahead!
Where are you from?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #25  

Hey Wuv, Im from Baton Rouge! We'll be going thru your state on the way there!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #26  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
Good afternoon Everyone! Since I hit and passed my 25lbs lost mark I went and got my hair done this morning. It feels awesome to have a new color! Spent most of my morning running around getting things done- excited to just play with the kids this afternoon.
25 lbs and a new do? Time for a new pic
Old 10-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #27  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

WOOHOO!!!...you need to stop by and say HI!!....lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Hey Wuv, Im from Baton Rouge! We'll be going thru your state on the way there!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 230/172/135

Height: 5'3

I have been 100% OP since I started IP nearly 4 weeks ago.... but this past weekend was by far the toughest!! It started Friday night when we ate lunch and dinner out of the house. A friend of mine got my all time favorite dish... barbecue shrimp. Yum Yum Yum. It was torture to sit there. But I had my salad and went home and didn't indulge. Then Sunday it all caught up with me. I was dying to have something bad!! But I ate a chocolate cake thing I ordered from Nashua and my cravings passed! I am so proud that I made it through without cheating, but it was rough!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #29  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by megscarles View Post
I have been 100% OP since I started IP nearly 4 weeks ago.... but this past weekend was by far the toughest!! It started Friday night when we ate lunch and dinner out of the house. A friend of mine got my all time favorite dish... barbecue shrimp. Yum Yum Yum. It was torture to sit there. But I had my salad and went home and didn't indulge. Then Sunday it all caught up with me. I was dying to have something bad!! But I ate a chocolate cake thing I ordered from Nashua and my cravings passed! I am so proud that I made it through without cheating, but it was rough!
You should be very proud! Weekends are hard, especially eating out.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone,

Bolt- I agree, I have been in this only for 4 weekends, but they do seem to be the hardest. That and travel.

I have my next big test this weekend with out of town guests for 4 days!

Hope everyone has a great week on plan.
Closed Thread