Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Testimonials--Did/Will you do one?

What is everyone thinking regarding testimonials?

The dark side/paranoid side of me doesn't want to do this because...
1. It's my likeness and I don't want to give it away for free
2. I've paid A LOT of money to buy product. so why should IP get to use my likeness to sell their product without paying me?
3. Although I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to buy stuff that actually worked, I am not proud that I had over 75 lbs to lose in the first place.

The good side thinks it is sort of OK because...
1. My coach spent a GREAT DEAL of time with me, often an hour each week
2. For whatever reason (her young age, her "moxie"), I want my coach to be successful

So right now, my score is 3 to 2 against doing it.

What did you do/what do you plan to do if you are using a coach?

Did you/do you plan to use your weight loss for another career (motivational speaker, weight loss coach, blogger, etc)?
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Like it or not your success is a walking daily testimonial. I can't tell you how many people I've sent to my clinic just because they noticed my weight change. Personally, I feel like everyone in the world who needs to lose any weight at all should know about this program, no matter how they find out. If you can inspire others to get to a healthy weight, don't waste the opportunity. Just my opinion.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

given the choice...PAY IT FORWARD
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

DH did one for our clinic and was happy to do so. I think that if IP as a common practice paid people for their testimonials and used them for advertising purposes (a la Bernstein, Herbal Magic, Weight Watchers, etc) then I'd be more inclined to hope that some kind of compensation would come my way.

But IP doesn't advertise using success stories (not that I've ever seen, anyway) so I'd be more likely to just say sure, use my pics for the clinic, etc.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
given the choice...PAY IT FORWARD
Ah, an especially pertinent point...

Thanks everyone for the quick and thoughtful responses.

I do refer people to the clinic and describe the diet in detail when they ask (not that anyone has committed, except my future brother-in-law, who lives in a different city & goes to a coach I bought some product from in February). I have no problem doing that, and I stepped outside my comfort zone to do it.

So, I'll keep thinking on this...
Old 10-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Like it or not your success is a walking daily testimonial. I can't tell you how many people I've sent to my clinic just because they noticed my weight change. Personally, I feel like everyone in the world who needs to lose any weight at all should know about this program, no matter how they find out. If you can inspire others to get to a healthy weight, don't waste the opportunity. Just my opinion.
Inspiring others to get to a healthy weight...
That is really altruistic and fits who I wish I was/would like to be.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
DH did one for our clinic and was happy to do so. I think that if IP as a common practice paid people for their testimonials and used them for advertising purposes (a la Bernstein, Herbal Magic, Weight Watchers, etc) then I'd be more inclined to hope that some kind of compensation would come my way.

But IP doesn't advertise using success stories (not that I've ever seen, anyway) so I'd be more likely to just say sure, use my pics for the clinic, etc.
You're right, they don't (yet?) advertise directly so it's not like they are paying celebrity "XX" or "XY" and not me. I know I saw testimonials on a few clinics' websites. I don't think they have any on the main website. Hmmm....
Old 10-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

I quite happily provided a testimonial to my clinic and I have been hanging on the wall since. When I was overweight and desperately hoping this would work it was encouraging to see other's success. Rainbow Smiles summed this up nicely 'Pay it Forward'. As well I had an excellent experience with my coach and the program- writing it was easy. It did take me aback when I went in to buy product and there was a new girl and she knew my name although we'd never met. When I inquired she replied 'I look at you every day on the wall'.
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote