Old 10-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #1  
My children have paws :)

S/C/G: 212/196/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Thanksgiving Recipes?

Can anyone quickly point to some links with recipes for Thanksgiving. I am going around in circles with the search tool!

Also, can we have cranberry's on IP?
Shobey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Rainbow's recipe thread has a version of stuffing (IP made english muffin with sauteed celery) IP mashed potatoes or cauliflower faked 'taters
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

My coach gave me some IP recipes including green bean casserole and a stuffing one. When I get time I will type them out
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
My coach gave me some IP recipes including green bean casserole and a stuffing one. When I get time I will type them out
YES PLEASE!!

Green bean casserole is my FAVE!!
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Cranberries are not allowed on phase 1 - the sauce has WAY too much sugar aside from the berries themselves. Someone had posted a recipe for cranberry sauce using cranberries and the Raspberry jelly from IP - "technically" not Phase 1 legal but a better option to the sugary cranberry sauce.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #6  

These were given to me by my coach. the same coach who won't let me exercise, chew gum, drink plain seltzer IE: she's pretty strict. These were taken from an IP cookbook, and even though the cranberries are NOT P1 appropriate, the caption on the page says it can be used for one serving, on that holiday day only.

Cranberry relish:

1c water
1c whole fresh cranberries
4 celery sticks, chopped
1c chives, chopped
1c chopped zucchini
6 mint leaves
1tsp orange zest
1 IP raspberry jelly packet
3tsp WF raspberry jelly
1 tsp Stevia or Splenda

Boil cranberries in 1 c of water for about 5 min. Pour the water off into a cup; it should be about 5 oz of liquid and still warm. Pur the IP pacet into it and mix well. Pour into the bowl and put in the icebox to set up. Chop together cranberries, celery, chives, zucchini, mint leaves and orange zest (chop in food processor or by hand). Mix in sweetener and rspberry jelly into the jelly mix cooling in the icebox. Add the cranberries and the vegetables and mix together. Let cool in a bowl and then serve with celery sticks
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #7  

Stuffing:

2c your favorite veggies chopped up in food processor
1c diced mushrooms
3 egg whites
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp salt
fresh ground black pepper to taste
8-16oz water
1-2 tbs Braggs seasoning/spice blend or your own favorite
1 IP chicken soup packet
1 IP oatmeal packet
Optional seasoning: rosemary, basil, thyme and/or garlic

Oatmeal biscuits: Beat 1 egg white then stir the IP oatmeal packet until mixed thoroughly. Add 2oz of water until batter is thin and spoonable, but not runny. You may want to add a tsp of poultry seasoning or other seasoning of your choice. Spoon batter onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 400F for about 10 min, or until golden brown. Once biscuits are cooled, tear them up and let dry out over an hour or two.

In a mixing bowl, put dried oatmeal biscuits, seasonings, chopped veggies, mushrooms and Bragg's. (If desired, add IP soy nuts). Mix and set aside. In your blender bottle or other mixer, mix 8 oz of water with IP chicken soup mix and blend well. Add 2 egg whites to soup mix. Mix well and pour over veggie/biscuit mix and stir (should be moist). Place in an olive oil sprayed casserole dish. Cook at 350F for about 20 min.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #8  

Green Bean Casserole:

3 packets IP mushroom soup
12 oz veggie broth OR 12 oz water
1 tsp Braggs liquid aminos
2 containers of sliced mushrooms
1tsp fresh ground black pepper
3-5 garlic cloves, minced
Red onion
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp fresh or dried dill
2 bags frozen green beans (16-20oz) OR 4 packages (9oz each) frozen green beans or about 3 lbs fresh green beans

Slice red onion into rings and spread minced garlic, some salt and dill with olive oilover the onions. Bake in oven for 15 min at 300F (just until softened).
If using fresh green beans, slightly steam for 3-5 min to soften
Stir soup, veggie broth/water, Bragg's, black pepper, other spices, some mushroom slices and mix in blender

Spread beans in a 3 quart casserole dish, add mushroom and soup mix. Top off with the lightly cooked onions. Bake in 300F oven for 20-30 min until golden brown and cooked.

**Disclaimer: I have not tried any of these, and I copied them exactly as given to me, spelling and grammar mistakes included***
Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #9  
My children have paws :)

S/C/G: 212/196/125

Height: 5'3"

Thanks ladies. I will be making my own cranberry relish/sauce with splenda and I won't have a lot of it. Might add some rhubarb to it too. I don't have any IP crepes mix so oatmeal mix it is for the biscuit stuffing. I think I got a bit carried away with the IP crepes burger recipe-but god it was soooooo goooood!
Shobey26 is offline   Reply With Quote