3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/267592-home-100%25-vol-15-a.html)

Starshine 10-21-2012 09:19 AM

I just weighed in, and I lost another 4.2 pounds. Yay! That means I can keep doing my nightly walks. And now I'm over halfway to my original goal. :dance:

The Omron scale said this week my BMI was down, but I was up a bit in the fat percentage and down a bit in muscle. That confuses me. I have to look at what I ate/exercised, and see if I need to adjust anything. Or just wait and see what happens next week to see if the scale had a fluke reading or something this week.

11 days ago my TOM arrived, right on time, and I noted that it was normal, and has been here regularly all the time while I've been on IP. But now it's still going on, so it's messed up like others on IP. I know the TOM wanted to fool me and mess with my head. She's done it! :) But nice that it's not taking away my weight loss like it did last month.

Anyhow, this weigh in was a nice way to start a Sunday. Hope everyone has a great OP day. :)

NewPath 10-21-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine72 (Post 4504260)
I just weighed in, and I lost another 4.2 pounds. Yay! That means I can keep doing my nightly walks. And now I'm over halfway to my original goal. :dance:

The Omron scale said this week my BMI was down, but I was up a bit in the fat percentage and down a bit in muscle. That confuses me. I have to look at what I ate/exercised, and see if I need to adjust anything. Or just wait and see what happens next week to see if the scale had a fluke reading or something this week.

11 days ago my TOM arrived, right on time, and I noted that it was normal, and has been here regularly all the time while I've been on IP. But now it's still going on, so it's messed up like others on IP. I know the TOM wanted to fool me and mess with my head. She's done it! :) But nice that it's not taking away my weight loss like it did last month.

Anyhow, this weigh in was a nice way to start a Sunday. Hope everyone has a great OP day. :)

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starshine 10-21-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPath (Post 4504263)
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you NewPath! You are one of my inspirations. You look amazing! :) And in such short time. Wow, wow, wow. :)

WingnutandMe 10-21-2012 10:08 AM

All of the great pictures, losses and people making goal are a testament to 100% OP. If you follow the plan, it works. Just look at all you people on this thread. Congrats to all.

My loss for two weeks was 1 lb. I thought about weighing yesterday and should have listened to myself as moving that piano yesterday made every muscle in my body so inflamed, I know I've got extra water weight. Oh well, it will be three weeks before I weigh again since we'll be in Michigan at the cottage (refuse to carry around my scale).

Resting today and downing lots of water. Hope to flush the soreness out of these muscles.

Have a great OP day.
Molly

Yesmyqueen 10-21-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

:carrot: what a great Sunday, I would definitely say 4.2 that's freakin awesome, good job, doesn't it feel good to have a great week. I'm wondering if maby my Tom is trying to mess w me I'm having some strange feelings as well. Anyway GREAT job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4504095)
Fun day of shopping with my DD and her friend. Went to lunch at Chilis and really enjoyed my steamed broccoli and dry grilled shrimp. I bought 2 pairs of pants in size 8 and they are perfect. I cried in the dressing room after my DD told me how small I looked. I also bought a sweater dress and leggings. WAY out of my comfort zone! I never thought I could wear something like that. Honestly, sometimes I still feel like the fat girl so I am hoping my mind will catch up to my body. I also survived Cold Stone Creamery! The girls enjoyed their ice cream and I enjoyed my chocolate soy puffs. Feels so good to be in control!

Hgamroth, you sound so sweet, having a little happy cry in the dressing room, that really made me smile, and leggings oh my, I can totally relate to the fat girl in my head but I just know I look like Laura Croft inside, ha. Good job. Teena

Hgamroth 10-21-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4504289)
All of the great pictures, losses and people making goal are a testament to 100% OP. If you follow the plan, it works. Just look at all you people on this thread. Congrats to all.

My loss for two weeks was 1 lb. I thought about weighing yesterday and should have listened to myself as moving that piano yesterday made every muscle in my body so inflamed, I know I've got extra water weight. Oh well, it will be three weeks before I weigh again since we'll be in Michigan at the cottage (refuse to carry around my scale).

Resting today and downing lots of water. Hope to flush the soreness out of these muscles.

Have a great OP day.
Molly

You probably beefed up you muscles Molly with all that hard work yesterday! It will even out over the next couple of days. This summer I spent 3 days painting my grandmothers house and was up and down all day on a ladder. I was so sore and my scale gained a pound every morning. BUT, when I returned home a week later, I was down those 3 plus 3 more. Your body needs to recoup. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4504290)

Hgamroth, you sound so sweet, having a little happy cry in the dressing room, that really made me smile, and leggings oh my, I can totally relate to the fat girl in my head but I just know I look like Laura Croft inside, ha. Good job. Teena

I am SO picturing you as Laura Croft now Teena!

Starshine 10-21-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4504290)
:carrot: what a great Sunday, I would definitely say 4.2 that's freakin awesome, good job, doesn't it feel good to have a great week. I'm wondering if maby my Tom is trying to mess w me I'm having some strange feelings as well. Anyway GREAT job!

Thank you, Teena! It does feel good to have this loss. I'm not feeling like I'm losing weight though (it's been like that the last two weeks). Maybe's it's the TOM that's making me feel full like that? But my abdomen looks like it's finally starting to go down more, which is making me much happier. I could fit into probably two smaller size jeans if my stomach would go away. :)

Hope your TOM stops messing with you. :) Take care!

Alma4343 10-21-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

BMI is calculated on height and weight only. It does not take into account fat percentage. There was a great website that showed people at the same BMI and very different sizes. It was to show that some people feel BMI is not a good indicator of weight or being over weight.

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is great!:smug:

lisa32989 10-21-2012 11:15 AM

So, after last weekend's great garage clean out, I brought some boxes inside. There were some "too small" clothes in one box that I've packed away until I lose another 50 or so...I'll still be on the way down at that point...they were left over from my time on Atkins in 02-03 (us teachers just DON'T throw things away [or part with things] do we?)

When putting those in storage, I opened the FOUR boxes of too-small clothes I've saved in my closet and went through some of them. I found FOUR "new" pairs of pants and one top to add to my closet. Wardrobe is expanding! Especially if I'm willing to wear some things that are getting baggy (feels good to not be so scrunched in anymore!).

I'm already projecting toward our FLA trip in December. My summer clothes are pretty big NOW! But I found some things in the closet boxes so I should have a small amount of clothing for the trip. I hesitate to buy anything at end-of-season sales b/c I just don't know what size to get! Definitely smaller than now but how much smaller? I tend to lose weight off these huge hips last <sigh> so pants size changes slower. Maybe with what I found in the closet and one or two carefully placed newer outfits (second-hand shop?) I should have enough clothing for FL. I'll probably have to buy a new swimsuit. Last year I took FOUR. This year I'll probably only have 1.

Starshine 10-21-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alma4343 (Post 4504327)
BMI is calculated on height and weight only. It does not take into account fat percentage. There was a great website that showed people at the same BMI and very different sizes. It was to show that some people feel BMI is not a good indicator of weight or being over weight.

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is great!:smug:

Thanks for that information, Alma. I've never tracked those things, so I guess it's time to learn more about them.

wuv2bloved 10-21-2012 11:53 AM

its a BEAUTIFUL day, windows are opened and now its time for some Football...GEAUX Saints!

Yesmyqueen 10-21-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine72 (Post 4504321)
Thank you, Teena! It does feel good to have this loss. I'm not feeling like I'm losing weight though (it's been like that the last two weeks). Maybe's it's the TOM that's making me feel full like that? But my abdomen looks like it's finally starting to go down more, which is making me much happier. I could fit into probably two smaller size jeans if my stomach would go away. :)

Hope your TOM stops messing with you. :) Take care!

Starshine, I totally relate to not feeling like I've lost much weight lately, Maby it's just an adjustment our body's are making since we have both lost about 40 or 45 lbs? I guess we will find out since we have no we're to go but down, cuz that's were we WILL be DOWN!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4504332)
So, after last weekend's great garage clean out, I brought some boxes inside. There were some "too small" clothes in one box that I've packed away until I lose another 50 or so...I'll still be on the way down at that point...they were left over from my time on Atkins in 02-03 (us teachers just DON'T throw things away [or part with things] do we?)

When putting those in storage, I opened the FOUR boxes of too-small clothes I've saved in my closet and went through some of them. I found FOUR "new" pairs of pants and one top to add to my closet. Wardrobe is expanding! Especially if I'm willing to wear some things that are getting baggy (feels good to not be so scrunched in anymore!).

I'm already projecting toward our FLA trip in December. My summer clothes are pretty big NOW! But I found some things in the closet boxes so I should have a small amount of clothing for the trip. I hesitate to buy anything at end-of-season sales b/c I just don't know what size to get! Definitely smaller than now but how much smaller? I tend to lose weight off these huge hips last <sigh> so pants size changes slower. Maybe with what I found in the closet and one or two carefully placed newer outfits (second-hand shop?) I should have enough clothing for FL. I'll probably have to buy a new swimsuit. Last year I took FOUR. This year I'll probably only have 1.

Look at you honey finding those smaller cloths, I had gotten so big that I was hiding under sweats and exactly 2 pair of pants and no joke the inside thighs had holes they were so tight, I would were them and soon as I got back home back to sweats, well those pants are trashed and although I still were comfy sweats at home, I'm just that comfy, and I now can wear some jeans that didn't fit before, but they are going to have to get big on me cuz I don't want to buy until I hit goal. It will be so much fun to get a new wardrobe, I so look forward to that day! Way to go. Teena

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4504367)
its a BEAUTIFUL day, windows are opened and now its time for some Football...GEAUX Saints!

Did you see your Saints? :cheer2: What a game huh? I see we have the pig skin in common. Better than eating pigs :rofl: ha ha ha

I watched some of your u tube videos, so cool. I'm really really new at everything computer and Internet, my DH got me an iPad 3 when I started IP, he says he got it for me just to keep me quite so he can watch tv without all my yapping, well it works I'm always looking up stuff, reading 3 fat chicks, and getting e mail. My son will show me stuff sometimes, but he gets impatient w me to easy, he almost does know it all at 23 you know. I wanna learn to do my picture and so much more, but I'll get there one lesson at a time. I barely learned to reply after more than 1 quote, just look at me now. Yea

JKfromIL 10-21-2012 05:29 PM

well I have officially made it through week 1 of phase three. I was nervous about breakfast in the beginning. But, I am really enjoying it now :)

Starshine 10-21-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4504560)
Starshine, I totally relate to not feeling like I've lost much weight lately, Maby it's just an adjustment our body's are making since we have both lost about 40 or 45 lbs? I guess we will find out since we have no we're to go but down, cuz that's were we WILL be DOWN!

:) It is a strange feeling really, especially with both of us losing that much weight in such a short time.

I know I've gone down a pants size in the last two weeks, and I'm running out of shirts that fit (thankfully, it's a change of season, but I'm not sure I have very many sweater that will fit; maybe I'll put them in the dryer :dizzy:). But still, I'm forcing myself to eat mostly, and I just fill so full, and just not feeling thinner for whatever reason.

Maybe it is just body adjustment time; you're right, Teena. And yes, to further DOWNS! :)

Nice with the new Ipad too. :)

Yesmyqueen 10-21-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKfromIL (Post 4504578)
well I have officially made it through week 1 of phase three. I was nervous about breakfast in the beginning. But, I am really enjoying it now :)

:cp::cp::cp::cp: here's to you, I'm going to be right where you are someday soon! Great job