Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default First time eating out...need advice ASAP

Well I was planning on a low key day at home and was just invited to a luncheon with my mom and some of her friends (one of which is also doing IP). We are going to a place where I know I can order a salad, so that is okay. My question to you all...is it tacky to take in my shaker bottle and mix my drink at the table? Should I just wait and have it after or before? I am also taking my WF dressing in a small container...that is discreet enough that I don't think it will be a problem. Just not sure about making my shake at the table...what do you guys do? My other thought was to try to turn my potato puree packet into some tortilla like chips and take them to eat with the salad...but I have never messed with that packet before so not sure how those even turn out.

Any ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #2  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

NO not tacky or you could drink it right before you go in. I stick with any place that has a salad bar. I certainly don't mind eating lean meat or broiled seafood till it comes out my nose. I have my :big meal: ( 8 oz prot & veggies) whenever we go out it's just easier for me & i feel like part of the "normal group"

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 09-27-2012 at 10:39 AM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

For me personally I would go and just eat the salad and have the IP food BEFORE you meet them for lunch, that way you won't be as hungry or tempted. I know when I meet friends for lunch or dinner I get so busy talking and visiting that I kind of forget about the food.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I've drank an IP RTD shake at a table before...I kinda laughed when I did and felt a little strange but then I did it again...so really it wasn't that big of a deal.

I like Dana's idea though. OR you could have your RTD in the car right before you walk into the resturant.

Good luck!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

If you know where you are going you could visit their website and look at the menu first. See if there is a good choice for your lean meat and maybe steamed veg. Then you could have your real meal for lunch instead of dinner. Also if your sister that's going is also on Ip you could ask her what she plans on doing. If she's been doing it longer and has visited the restarant before she will be a wealth of info. And most of all have fun, enjoy the company.
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 377/250/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree with some of the other posters about maybe having your "real" meal for lunch. It is a treat for me to have someone else cook, so I would want to have my protein then.

If you don't do that do you possibly have any southwest curls? Those are awsome thrown in a salad!

As far as eating the shake at the table, it is what ever you are comfortable with. I would shake it before hand though, I find it kind of loud, when I make shakes!
lizfromvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #7  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

If it were me, I'd probably make lunch my real meal and save my IP food for supper. But if you don't want to do that, I'd do what others have suggested and have the drink before going into the restaurant
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!! This board rocks.

The other gal that is going texted me and asked what I was doing...we are both taking our shaker bottles and are going to make our drink together and just order a salad. I don't think this restaurant has a website...it is a little mom and pop place here in town. Thanks again for all the great ideas...now I have some things to consider if I get to eat out again soon.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote