Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #1  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Default I need help for a non cook day - newbie

I have one day of the week where I work 2 jobs from 8:30am - 9:30pm with no break in between.

I'm concerned about having enough energy for my 5:30 - 9:30 job where I am on my feet for 4 hours (retail).

I'm supposed to be on 3 packets a day and can prob used a 4th if I have to, but in the meantime I'm having a rough time planning for that day and could use some help.

I generally have my coffee and BF when I get into work.

8:30 am - coffee with IP vanilla drink (just 2 TBS in place of creamer) and IP cereal

noon - no idea - thinking can of tuna made into a salad with 2 cups of veggies?? Any ideas on how to put something on this so it isn't so dry? I keep envisioning myself choking down all this dry tasteless food. Love my mayo on tuna.

4:00 - IP soup with 2 cups vegies added to it

6:00 - IP bar or drink

I don't think that is going to be enough to get me through at 13 hour work day where 4 hours of it is on my feet. . . .

I'm so open to suggestions PLEASE and thanks.

Last edited by slow2lose; 09-22-2012 at 09:46 AM.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

I have a very long day on Tuesdays with early morning meeting, work, then classes. I was trying to spread my food out as much as possible but it just wasn't cutting it. I talked to my coach and she advised me to add an extra packet like a peach mango drink. I also devide my meat into lunch and dinner. I am much better on those days now.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #3  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
I have one day of the week where I work 2 jobs from 8:30am - 9:30pm with no break in between.

I'm concerned about having enough energy for my 5:30 - 9:30 job where I am on my feet for 4 hours (retail).

I'm supposed to be on 3 packets a day and can prob used a 4th if I have to, but in the meantime I'm having a rough time planning for that day and could use some help.

I generally have my coffee and BF when I get into work.

8:30 am - coffee with IP vanilla drink (just 2 TBS in place of creamer) and IP cereal

noon - no idea - thinking can of tuna made into a salad with 2 cups of veggies?? Any ideas on how to put something on this so it isn't so dry? I keep envisioning myself choking down all this dry tasteless food. Love my mayo on tuna.

4:00 - IP soup with 2 cups vegies added to it

6:00 - IP bar or drink

I don't think that is going to be enough to get me through at 13 hour work day where 4 hours of it is on my feet. . . .

I'm so open to suggestions PLEASE and thanks.
Including a salad with some protein is a good idea. I often do that for lunch, anyhow - seems to help tide me through to dinner. I often keep back a couple of ounces of my dinner meat - chicken, steak, pork, whatever and use it to make a spinach salad with other veggies for the next day. A little oil & cider vinegar will give it a tangy taste. If you are not fond of just vinegar, add a little splenda when you mix it up.

If I had to get through to 9:30 p.m. , I'd eat my whole 8 ounces of protein at some point during the day, and then just have a snack when I got home.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #4  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

There are so many ideas here but I think your best bet is to spread your stuff out. If you have a shake in am, add the spinach to make it thicker. The cereal is not filling but you could have that anytime, so if you have your coffee (or 2) first, then have cereal or shake at "snack" time, it may llast till lunch. I'd have my big salad at lunch and add some of your supper protein the tuna or some chicken and save the pudding, shake or bar from your lunch to have as mid afternoon snack. That still leaves you one IP snack to have and your big supper salad/veggies/meat. Other ideas:

-- bake the "shake" cookies. 1 IP shake mix = 6 big cookies to break up over 2 snacks?
-- boil some eggs for your snacks -- easy to pop in
-- switch to decaf througout the day so you can have decaf AND water. I find I feel fuller and like I'm "eating" when I have my french vanilla flavoured decaf
-- always have some of your veggies to snack on. Celery and cucumbers are practically "free" (actually ARE on the free list in some clinics) so you if you're hungry and HAD to snack, that would be a way to go
-- Waldorf Farms has 0/0/0/ mayo but some people here make their own so if you googled it, the recipe is somewhere for home made mayo

I know that if you're more active you can have an extra pack so use it if you need it, but keep it to the lower ones like a pudding or drink vs. a restricted.

It's a challenge but you'll do it. Just keep checking this site... lots of great ideas

Last edited by IP43; 09-22-2012 at 10:01 AM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #5  
Back for a tweak

I don't really get to sit down and eat at my retail job so my dinner will have to be before I leave my other job at 5:00. . . . from 5:30 - 9:30 I don't get more than a 10 minute break, so I just need something I can sip on or a bar I can slip into my pocket and take bites of discreetly.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Are you strictly ip or do you use alternatives? The premier shake has been my godsend. So filling and delicious.

I would definitely eat a 4th packet if you're on your feet all day.

Something else that has really helped me is utilizing those free egg whites! I hav them in the morning to "push off" my breakfast and lunch so I'm not hungry all day long.

You might also try splitting up your dinner protein between lunch and dinner. No use choking down tuna if you hate it plain. Have half your chicken or whatever from dinner with your salad maybe, like hga suggested.

Good luck!

Edit: oops misread your dinner thing. Why not just have all protein at lunch them? That way you can have something discreet at dinner time at work.

Last edited by djs06; 09-22-2012 at 10:03 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #7  
Back for a tweak

I need that home made mayo recipe!! That could be a godsend for me at long as it's 100% legal. I am 100% on the "formal" IP program - no alternatives. I officially start Monday - today is the big planning and shopping day.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I have days like that - once a week I work one job from 7am-2:30pm, then my other job from 3pm-11:30pm. I am also more active for my second job than my first. The key is planning ahead!

For your lunch protein meal, you can pre-cook some chicken the night before or use tuna on a romaine or lettuce salad with 2 cups of chopped veggies. I will usually use oil, lemon juice and salt as dressing (putting the oil mostly on the meat keeps it pretty moist. You can also use Walden farms dressings for flavor and moisture.

You can also add a hard boiled egg as a snack at any point to give you a boost of protein.

If you're worried about the food sustaining you, you might actually be better off chopping the other 2 cups of veggies and just snacking on them through your night, instead of putting them in your soup. You need to drink your water too, so maybe setting it up where every time you go to drink some water, you have a few slices of veggie at the same time.

If you are going to have a restricted snack (bar), you should do it earlier in the night, not as your last snack - they are higher in carbs and if you are on your feet the whole time you will need those to burn during work, not after.

And if when you get home from work you are feeling a bit fatigued, you CAN add an unrestricted packet, just have it at least 1 hour before you go to bed.

Hope that helps!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I have days where I work 7am-11pm. This is how I usually plan it:

7am-water/tea and a HB egg
10:30am- blended IP shake
1-2pm- ip pack and some veggies, maybe soup
4pm- Ip restricted, usually SW cheese curls or pickle zippers
6pm- salad or cut veggies
8:30PM- dinner with 8oz protein and veggies

If I'm working a long day, I eat extra veggies or a little extra protein to get me through. I cook the day before for my dinner, and cut/portion veggies into sandwich bags. I usually do celery, peppers, cucumbers.

I make sure I eat every couple hours so I don't get hungry! I know some people just push through the hunger, but if it's REAL hunger, I feed it. Either with some veggies, few bites of protein, or a small salad.

Also, I chug water all day long. Sometimes add Mio, sometimes straight water, or sometimes a decaf tea with splenda (usually after my dinner).

Last edited by AnnaBoBanna; 09-22-2012 at 12:58 PM.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/252/125

Height: 5'3"

tell me more about these shake cookies, please....havent seen mention of them before
MrsCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #11  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCW View Post
tell me more about these shake cookies, please....havent seen mention of them before
the recipe is all over the place but off the top of my head (please forgive me if they don't work)
-- IP choc. shake (or cappucino one)
-- 1 egg white ( I use 2 T of egg whites in the carton
-- 3/4 to 1 tsp baking powder
-- 2 tsp olive oil
-- 1/4 cup of water
-- splenda pack if you want it (optional)

Mix -- it should be a thicker paste -- not runny. Drop onto baking paper and sort of smear the blob into a nice round shape. If it pours you have too much water. Bake at 350 for 10 min. Makes 6 cookies. These are better hot so if you're eating the next day and they taste cardboardy, nuke 'em or pop them in the toaster for a few seconds if that helps.

Check the recipe thread or Rainbows "mixin in the kitchen" if this didn't work. I make them so often that I think that what I said above is right but I'm not the "master chef" we have on this IP team
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote