Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

First WI today and down 6 lbs. I was hoping for more and was on track for more but slacked off at the end of the week. Back on track 100% and looking for a good week. Glad to have the support that this forum brings!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #17  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! Congrats on the loses & NSV! It's such a wonderful feeling when you can get back into clothes that only a few months ago were tight.

Have a great day everyone! Continued success!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 328/280/245

Height: 6'4

Good Morning everyone! Well I'm back 100% on program. I hoping that i have as much success that i did on round one! Well best of luck to everyone!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Question about P3 Protein

Hi All - hope you all have a wonderful week. (And WUV - keep everyone out of your closet - you worked hard for those cute clothes!)

Next Saturday I start phase 3 and I don't understand the data sheet. It says there is a protein for breakfast, then 8 ounces of protein for lunch and another 8 ounces for dinner. Does this mean we go up higher than a total of 16 ounces per day? Or is the breakfast protein subtracted from the 16 ounces?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

WOW, Congratulations everyone on all the victories this weekend.

Not sure if I would call it a NSV or just a bit of will power kicking in, but last night we had our grown daughter and boyfriend out for dinner. My husband grilled a pork tenderloin, so we had our measured out piece of that, with a salad. I also made the kids some broccoli and cheddar pasta. I was cooking that pasta and it sure looked and smelled good. I was almost ready to take a bite to taste it when I realized that I could not do that. I didn't even pick up the spoon. Instead I watched them both eat it and then asked if they liked it, they said they did. So when dinner was over, I put all of that pasta in a to go dish and gave it to them to take home. Now it is not even in my fridge to tempt me. I also went through our fridge and pantry and sent a ton of stuff home with them that we can no longer have...cheese, pepperoni, canned fruit, canned soups and some other canned veggies.

I also so my mom this weekend and she said she thought my face was not as puffy. I must have been really retaining water the last time she saw me. I told her that over this past week I felt like I had been peeing enough for four pregnant women, so all the water I am drinking must be flushing my system out. woot woot!!!

I hope everyone has a great Monday and is able to stay 100% OP.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #21  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna123somer View Post
I was wondering if you could help me.Its my second week and its that TOM again.I feel like im not in ketosis anymore and im up a 1/2 a pound.blah is how i feel.is it normal to be feeling this way
First things first, don't weigh yourself everyday, stick to your WI day's ONLY. Second, its normal to be up with TOM and third stick to the program, it WILL COME OFF. Your body changes daily, this is why we don't weigh everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbushbunny View Post
First WI today and down 6 lbs. I was hoping for more and was on track for more but slacked off at the end of the week. Back on track 100% and looking for a good week. Glad to have the support that this forum brings!
You wanted MORE???? are you NUTS??? do you know how many people would want to lose that in one week? Some people lose half a pound and are happy with that. EXPECTIONS are a little high from you on yourself, be happy with whatever number you lose no matter what it is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Hi All - hope you all have a wonderful week. (And WUV - keep everyone out of your closet - you worked hard for those cute clothes!)

Next Saturday I start phase 3 and I don't understand the data sheet. It says there is a protein for breakfast, then 8 ounces of protein for lunch and another 8 ounces for dinner. Does this mean we go up higher than a total of 16 ounces per day? Or is the breakfast protein subtracted from the 16 ounces?

Thanks!
LOL...I am keeping my "few" cute clothes to myself...lol...to answer your phase 3 question, you must have a protein now for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!...you are waking up your pancreas first thing in the morning that is why we have the BIG breakfast!!...don't subtract anything we are ADDING more food to your day
Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #22  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
First things first, don't weigh yourself everyday, stick to your WI day's ONLY. Second, its normal to be up with TOM and third stick to the program, it WILL COME OFF. Your body changes daily, this is why we don't weigh everyday.

You wanted MORE???? are you NUTS??? do you know how many people would want to lose that in one week? Some people lose half a pound and are happy with that. EXPECTIONS are a little high from you on yourself, be happy with whatever number you lose no matter what it is!

LOL...I am keeping my "few" cute clothes to myself...lol...to answer your phase 3 question, you must have a protein now for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!...you are waking up your pancreas first thing in the morning that is why we have the BIG breakfast!!...don't subtract anything we are ADDING more food to your day
Wuv!! You look fantastic!! A true inspriration!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #23  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Well y'all. It's Monday again. I was another 2 pounds down on my weekend WI. Passed the 40 lb loss mark with a jeans jacket in xl. The family said---take it back, it's too big. Really,?.it buttons. But I went back and got the large...which fits...but only buttons...soft of. You know, in the middle. They said...it will, in just a few short weeks.
They see me differently than I see myself. They know I can finish this diet.
This is hope for a Monday ! Stay op and go for it!
How exciting for you!!!! Keep up the great work!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

good afternoon All. Love the positive stories. I went swimming with my kids and husband yesterday. I hate swimsuits but I don't want to miss the fun with the kids by hiding. I just grin and bare it. yesterday felt much easier to bare it! i felt slimmer and was up and down the slide with my children many times. I've lost about 19lbs and can already feel the difference. There was a woman there wearing a sun dress in the pool, I know how she was feeling. I really wanted to go up to her and whisper IP in her ear. Of course I didn't. I never want to feel like that again. Many more lbs to go but, feeling good. Hoping to be under 200 by Wednesday weigh in. Good luck.

Last edited by TwoTots; 09-17-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #25  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning! Rainy day here in South Louisiana. Congrats to all the victories posted already on Monday morning. Here's my weekend successes...I garage sale shopped and bought shorts for the first time in decades! I bought a size 14 (currently in a 16) thinking they'll fit in 4 weeks for our cruise. But they fit now! I'm starting the swimsuit shopping this week, haven't owned one in at least 15 years.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #26  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Morning everyone! Love all the NSV and losses from over the weekend. I can't tell you how much it inspires me to see how far everyone has come. It gives me the hope that one day I can be there too!
Hope everyone has a great day and that it's a start to an awesome week!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Hi everyone. Just had a NSV here at work. A lady I work with asked how much more I planned to loose. She was worried about me. She said that if I lost too much more it would stop looking good and would look sickly. I take that as a huge compliment!

I have my WI this afternoon. I hope for some big news.
lol. I love that, I would take it as a compliment too!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #28  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
That next size down will be "comfortable" soon and you'll know you lost some more. Way to go!!!!
I TOTALLY AGREE! Buy the next size down - at the end I had to buy every other size because you drop the sizes fast once you are near goal and it gets EXPENSIVE! When I hit goal I did go a little nuts (I shrunk out of my entire closet though - absolutely nothing fits me from my old wardrobe, even old 'skinny clothes'-aka, size 12s) - and even some of the clothes I bought when I hit goal are a little loose - example: my size 2 jeans have baggy butt & slouchy thighs, I need to wash them every other day or so to make sure they fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseKeri55 View Post
Congrats on the large! I was shopping with a friend and we were sharing a dressing room and I tried on a size 12 jean and they fit and my friend and I started whooping in the dressing room and the salesclerk knocked on the door and asked if all was OK...we started laughing and said yes. Got some weird looks when we walked out (it was really busy so we shared the room..lol). Made it to onederland this weekend and I feel great! Been 100% OP and it works! Havent been under 200lbs in 17 years!
Congratulations on making it to Onederland! It's so amazing to cross all of these major milestones. Your BMI will drop, you will blow through the weight decades, and your clothes will suddenly get too big overnight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Like Wuv said - you keep the 16 oz of protein at lunch and dinner and make sure to in addition have the 25g of protein (at least) at breakfast. Remember we are taking away a packet and replacing it with 'real food', which we should be including protein at each meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
good afternoon All. Love the positive stories. I went swimming with my kids and husband yesterday. I hate swimsuits but I don't want to miss the fun with the kids by hiding. I just grin and bare it. yesterday felt much easier to bare it! i felt slimmer and was up and down the slide with my children many times. I've lost about 19lbs and can already feel the difference. There was a woman there wearing a sun dress in the pool, I know how she was feeling. I really wanted to go up to her and whisper IP in her ear. Of course I didn't. I never want to feel like that again. Many more lbs to go but, feeling good. Hoping to be under 200 by Wednesday weigh in. Good luck.
This really is personal to me - as this past July we went to the beach for the first time with my son (he's 2). I was, for the first time, totally comfortable wearing a swimsuit with no shorts, shirt, or coverup and had such a blast running around with him and just had fun. I didn't feel self conscious - I focused completely on having a great time with my family! Good luck on WI!

Last edited by LizRR; 09-17-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #29  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

So good to read about how well everyone is doing!! I am happy to say that I have unofficially surpassed my first goal. Stepped on the scale this morning and it read 184.4!! Yay!! Feels so good to have reached this point...time to set a second goal! I have my WI's in the evening, so not sure that this will show this week at my WI, but I know I'm there!!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #30  

Does anyone else feel like they are overeating? I guess I am in the mind set that you eat less on a diet, and in phase three there is soo much food to eat. I am currently in phase 1 and find myself just stuffing my face with 8 oz of meat to get it down.
Closed Thread