Old 09-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #466  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i have not had that problem....my belly fat was the first to go....along with the boobs!!! but even after losing over 75 pounds, i have still only lost 1.75 inches off my thighs....ever more the thunder thighs!! le sigh...

hang in there,,,,i'm sure in time...the belly fat will give up the fight and leave!!
Thanks for your response Rainbow. I guess the 'problem area' each of us has is the last to give up the fat! No matter where it is!
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #467  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I have a question for this group:

As I look at myself buck naked.... I can't help but notice that while I've obviously lost weight all over, I still seem to have a disproportionately big belly left at this stage. As I've been doing this sans-coach, I haven't taken my measurements regularly, month by month. On the scale yes - with a tape measure - no. Out of curiosity today, I finally pulled out the tape measure and checked and yes - everything has shrunk by at least 3-5" right through my entire body, including my belly area. But it still looks disproportionately too big for the rest of me - especially now (to me at least) that my thighs are smaller.

Since my weight gain days, I've always been an Apple Shape. That's still apparent with the larger belly even today. But my thighs are smaller, and from the waist up into the midriff and ribcage area has shrunk considerably. Same with bust area.

Anybody else having (or had) this 'last to go' belly fat syndrome? I can't help but hope that the final 20 lbs I have to lose between now and goal are mostly from that area.
I am a pear shape, but I'm like you in the fact that after almost 90 pounds gone, I still have enough belly fat that it still has the creases on the side (yes, I know, TMI). I also still have a muffin top, but only in the front, hanging out over the big belly. It's like I've lost absolutely everywhere, but those two places. They look the same to me as when I started. I'm hoping that it will just be that this will be my area that is the last to lose. Usually it's my arms, but they have decreased about the same as the other areas. Let hope it's just our last to lose place.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #468  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I have a question for this group:

As I look at myself buck naked.... I can't help but notice that while I've obviously lost weight all over, I still seem to have a disproportionately big belly left at this stage. As I've been doing this sans-coach, I haven't taken my measurements regularly, month by month. On the scale yes - with a tape measure - no. Out of curiosity today, I finally pulled out the tape measure and checked and yes - everything has shrunk by at least 3-5" right through my entire body, including my belly area. But it still looks disproportionately too big for the rest of me - especially now (to me at least) that my thighs are smaller.

Since my weight gain days, I've always been an Apple Shape. That's still apparent with the larger belly even today. But my thighs are smaller, and from the waist up into the midriff and ribcage area has shrunk considerably. Same with bust area.

Anybody else having (or had) this 'last to go' belly fat syndrome? I can't help but hope that the final 20 lbs I have to lose between now and goal are mostly from that area.
Me too! And I am down to my last 20 too, so I am also hoping I lose it in my belly. I've been thinking I may have to do some toning to firm up my abs, but I honestly have no real idea how to do that... I've always been a walker, but never into really working out.

And I notice too that some pants that fit fine in the waist are way too big in the hips!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #469  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Me too! And I am down to my last 20 too, so I am also hoping I lose it in my belly. I've been thinking I may have to do some toning to firm up my abs, but I honestly have no real idea how to do that... I've always been a walker, but never into really working out.

And I notice too that some pants that fit fine in the waist are way too big in the hips!
I'm having that exact same situation. Like you, I'm quite a walker - in fact I walk quite a bit doing regular errands, etc., and wonder if that's why I'm losing through the thigh area. I've downsized into several pairs of slacks that fit well now through the waist, but are really loose through the hips and particulary the thighs. Like you, at this stage I feel like I should start doing some exercises to concentrate on the belly area, but know that there's no such think as 'spot reducing' and am at a bit of a loss as to what to do. Guess we just have to wait and see what these next -20 lbs bring! Nice to know I've got company with this particular issue.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #470  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Thanks for your response Rainbow. I guess the 'problem area' each of us has is the last to give up the fat! No matter where it is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I am a pear shape, but I'm like you in the fact that after almost 90 pounds gone, I still have enough belly fat that it still has the creases on the side (yes, I know, TMI). I also still have a muffin top, but only in the front, hanging out over the big belly. It's like I've lost absolutely everywhere, but those two places. They look the same to me as when I started. I'm hoping that it will just be that this will be my area that is the last to lose. Usually it's my arms, but they have decreased about the same as the other areas. Let hope it's just our last to lose place.

Molly
Thx Molly. Yes - let's hope it's just out last to lose place. I wondered if 'pear shaped' people lost the weight differently than we 'apple shaped' people. It sounds like probably everyone is different in the overall way they lose their weight.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Yup.......the darn belly fat. Down 30 but still have a belly. What's up with that one? Come on already. I'm not about to do the whole sit up thing. I'm hoping that with the next 20 gone so will the belly go! My coach says it will. We 'll see. Certainly hope so. It's certainly not as big as it was but not as small as I would like. I only have 20 more pounds to go. I hope it's gone too. I've gotten my waist back but right under that newly found waist is that darned pot! Yikes.
capecodmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 165/153/130

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy newbie

Hey everyone,
I am new to posting and relatively new to IP...week 5 but stalled at week 3. My coaches haven't a clue as to why and neither do the "people" they talk at some clinic. Sort of depressed about this as I really thought this would work for me. I was doing to well but now if I average it out, I have lost approx. 2 pounds a week. I am confused and my coaches are baffled...any ideas?
prayergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #473  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayergal View Post
Hey everyone,
I am new to posting and relatively new to IP...week 5 but stalled at week 3. My coaches haven't a clue as to why and neither do the "people" they talk at some clinic. Sort of depressed about this as I really thought this would work for me. I was doing to well but now if I average it out, I have lost approx. 2 pounds a week. I am confused and my coaches are baffled...any ideas?
Sorry, Prayergal, but you're in good company because I am having a similar experience. I'm 100% IP following the protocol, and my coach is drawing at straws trying to figure out what I'm doing "wrong". I have my 5th WI tomorrow and I will be lucky to have lost an entire pound. Of course, before IP I was gaining 1/2 pound a week, so sure I'm better off than before so I will keep with it, but again quite confusing to think that my body has just adapted to the lower calories and that's it.

Just to update - my WI #5 showed a 2 pound loss even though my home scale was only 1/2 pound, so I'm joining the revolution and chunking the home scale. Also, my body composition showed several pounds of lean mass gain with several pounds of fat loss. So, ok, I'll trade fat for lean and let go of the scale obsession for a while. If I can let go of diet soda for 5 weeks, surely I can let go of the scale. I think I'll put it upstairs in the loft - my laziness will beat out my curiosity every time!

Last edited by Fishette; 09-28-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #474  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Yup.......the darn belly fat. Down 30 but still have a belly. What's up with that one? Come on already. I'm not about to do the whole sit up thing. I'm hoping that with the next 20 gone so will the belly go! My coach says it will. We 'll see. Certainly hope so. It's certainly not as big as it was but not as small as I would like. I only have 20 more pounds to go. I hope it's gone too. I've gotten my waist back but right under that newly found waist is that darned pot! Yikes.
That sounds exactly like my situation. My belly is certainly somewhat smaller - but nowhere as much smaller as I'm hoping for eventually. Let's see what happens with these next -20 lbs. Sure hope your coach is right!!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #475  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i have not had that problem....my belly fat was the first to go....along with the boobs!!! but even after losing over 75 pounds, i have still only lost 1.75 inches off my thighs....ever more the thunder thighs!! le sigh...

hang in there,,,,i'm sure in time...the belly fat will give up the fight and leave!!
Thunder thighs unite! Sadly I will always have thunder thighs no matter how much I weigh. As for the stomach, still too big, but hopefully will improve with the last 20 pounds to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayergal View Post
Hey everyone,
Welcome prayergal. Sorry that you are dealing with a stall so early in the game. How much do you have to lose? Often when you don't have much to lose the scale can really slow down. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing, and the scale will move again VERY soon.

Well time for me to get off and get some sleep. The cab is picking us up at 4:15 am to take us to the airport. Gotta love those 5:45 am flights. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'm going to ask Rainbow to close this thread when we get to around 500 post and start our next volume - Yahoo!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday peeps! I second the notion of the last 20 pounds...and still having a large belly. Sigh. When we watch tv at night, I do a bunch of leg lifts, sit ups- all that. Haha, could not even tell you if it's working. I feel giggly all over. I think only my scrawny hands are "firm".
I am going to see an RA doc today, had it for years, but not treated for about 5. The nerve in my elbow has been pinging for a week, and I hope to get a cortisone shot, before I whack my arm off. I would miss it, as I'm left handed.
You know, it feels like we are all sisters- dealing with the same weight that used to control us. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, how about it?
I think we can beat this weight thing!
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #477  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Morning everyone! I can't wait to get to the last 20 pounds as that's where I normally "abandon ship" and start my all out eating campaign. I told myself when I started this I was not going to do that this time..I'm in it till maintenance and beyond.

Down 3 pounds this morning, almost to my first 10% gone and I'm so excited.

Have a great day!
AliKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #478  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Lindamomof6 - I completely understand the nearly paralyzing fear of moving through the phases! P2 doesn't scare me, but P3 & Maintenance is another thing. I'm trying really hard not to stress about it, but Maintenance especially scares the h--- out of me! Probably because in the past I've been a 'fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants' meal (non) planner, and know that just won't work anymore. But we WILL get through this and truly enjoy the rest of our lives as thinner, healthier people!

My belly also seems to be disproportionally larger than the rest of me. But when I look at my measurement losses, the amount lost in bust, waist, & hips are pretty consistent. I'm hoping that when I begin exercising that area will really tone up so it doesn't seem so large.
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #479  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Sorry, Prayergal, but you're in good company because I am having a similar experience. I'm 100% IP following the protocol, and my coach is drawing at straws trying to figure out what I'm doing "wrong". I have my 5th WI tomorrow and I will be lucky to have lost an entire pound. Of course, before IP I was gaining 1/2 pound a week, so sure I'm better off than before so I will keep with it, but again quite confusing to think that my body has just adapted to the lower calories and that's it.

Just to update - my WI #5 showed a 2 pound loss even though my home scale was only 1/2 pound, so I'm joining the revolution and chunking the home scale. Also, my body composition showed several pounds of lean mass gain with several pounds of fat loss. So, ok, I'll trade fat for lean and let go of the scale obsession for a while. If I can let go of diet soda for 5 weeks, surely I can let go of the scale. I think I'll put it upstairs in the loft - my laziness will beat out my curiosity every time!
Whoo Hoo on the weekly weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Happy Friday peeps! I second the notion of the last 20 pounds...and still having a large belly. Sigh. When we watch tv at night, I do a bunch of leg lifts, sit ups- all that. Haha, could not even tell you if it's working. I feel giggly all over. I think only my scrawny hands are "firm".
I am going to see an RA doc today, had it for years, but not treated for about 5. The nerve in my elbow has been pinging for a week, and I hope to get a cortisone shot, before I whack my arm off. I would miss it, as I'm left handed.
You know, it feels like we are all sisters- dealing with the same weight that used to control us. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, how about it?
I think we can beat this weight thing!
We ARE beating this weight thing. And you sister are getting really close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning everyone! I can't wait to get to the last 20 pounds as that's where I normally "abandon ship" and start my all out eating campaign. I told myself when I started this I was not going to do that this time..I'm in it till maintenance and beyond.

Down 3 pounds this morning, almost to my first 10% gone and I'm so excited.

Have a great day!
Congrats on the WI. We are all in for the long haul here, and glad you are part of that journey too.

Well lovely ladies we're sitting here in the Dallas airport waiting for our connecting flight to San Francisco. I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep, so hopefully can sleep on the next flight. It was SO nice this morning sitting in the airline seat with tons of room in the seat and lots of belt left over for the seat belt. Felt fabulous!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #480  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

FRiDAY FUNNiES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote