Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/222/215

Height: 6'0"

Default Some questions, I'm confused

So Random
Is Peanut butter a Fat or a Protein ? I hear about snacking on nuts , almonds and cashews are awesome but very high in fat, SO when ? Milk has more Protein in it than most meats, So does it count as a protein? What are some other protein suggestions for morning, other than lean bacon,Eggs , yogurt and Peanut butter ?? Thanks
paulfromport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #2  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfromport View Post
So Random
Is Peanut butter a Fat or a Protein ? I hear about snacking on nuts , almonds and cashews are awesome but very high in fat, SO when ? Milk has more Protein in it than most meats, So does it count as a protein? What are some other protein suggestions for morning, other than lean bacon,Eggs , yogurt and Peanut butter ?? Thanks
Your post has ended up in the Ideal Protein section, and in our weight loss phase peanut butter, nuts, dairy products, and bacon aren't allowed. Perhaps you intended for this to appear in the more general low carb section?
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
So Random
Sort of like cheese is a dairy and a fat. I think peanut butter can be seen as both a fat and a protein... I count it as a fat in my breakfast and a protein.

Edit: Google IP breakfast ideas... I have two slices of whole wheat bread with a banana and peanut butter. You just have to have protein, fat, carbs, etc. You could have whole wheat pasta with cheese and meat. You can have anything as long as it fits into the criteria.

Last edited by New Englander; 09-09-2012 at 07:51 PM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #4  

no phase 3 mentions Peanut butter a lot
Old 09-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
no phase 3 mentions Peanut butter a lot
Are you just asking to stay informed for the future? Phase 3 happens after you have lost all of your weight in phase 1, eased off of the packaged foods in phase 2 for a few weeks. It is going to be very overwhelming to try and figure out later-phase meal planning when you're new to the diet completely and still figuring out Phase 1.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #6  

I've had 7 weeks of phase 1, and i'm just trying to prepare for phase 3, as i don't want to make mistakes.... hopefully phase 3 is just a few weeks away
Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

paulfromport There are several threads in the stickies called "Life after Phase 1"...they are awesome and have tons of information. P3 is easy! You just eat the P3 breakfast and P2 lunch and dinner (both are two cups of veggies and 8 oz of protein) then a night snack.

Breakfast is very particular in terms of fat, carbs etc. There should be a document in the stickies with it. Look for Phase 3 sheet. You'll do great! The P3 breakfast is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fruit, fat and carbs, and protein!!! Feel free to post a question in the maintainers thread. Lots of experience there!!! And you're going to be joining us in no time!!! So, here's an early welcome!

Last edited by New Englander; 09-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
I've had 7 weeks of phase 1, and i'm just trying to prepare for phase 3, as i don't want to make mistakes.... hopefully phase 3 is just a few weeks away
I gotcha. Did you check out Wuv's sticky post with the Phase 3 info sheets? Not sure if that's what you got from your coach...according to those sheets, PB is counted as a protein.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4189216-post2.html

You may want to check out LizRR's thread with her Phase 3 breakfast recipes in them too, I bookmarked them for when I finally get to Phase 3!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ast-ideas.html
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #9  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
So Random
I count peanut butter and nuts as fats for sure. Even though they have some protein, they are WAY higher in fat. - but remember that the 25g of protein is TOTAL, so whatever protein in the PB, nuts, milk, etc. all counts toward that final tally. There is a Phase 3 worksheet in the sticky that helps a lot when you go to list out your 'ingredients' - I used that template when I laid out the ingredients for my Phase 3 breakfasts.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...-worksheet.pdf

Last edited by LizRR; 09-10-2012 at 12:47 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote