Old 09-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 219/146.0/142

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad this thread came up. I am facing two vacations, one weekend break, and one longer trip, in the coming months. I have already been stressing about it. Especially the part about getting all my veggies in.
sharrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #17  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I've also traveled. I found that the RTD drinks are great for lunches in restaurants. I bring the drink in my purse (with salad dressing) and ask for a tall glass of ice. Then order a salad with a side of steamed veggies. I pour my drink into the glass and sip away with a straw. Then I enjoy the company and the fact that I'm staying OP.

When I ran out of RTDs, I actually brought my shaker and mixed up a drink in it. Then, poured it into a glass of ice and all was fine.

Ditto on the restaurants. There is usually at least one or two things on the menu that will work. You can be kindly assertive. You can do this!

And yes, switch up your lunch and dinner if it works better.

I also found that some days I ate 4 oz protein at lunch and 4 oz at dinner and just had my IP drinks or puddings in between when I could. On days when you have to eat 2 meals out and are hungry, that works just fine.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I've also traveled a lot on IP, and generally I did a combo of phase 1 and 2. San Francisco and Napa will bring some big challenges as it's foodie heaven there with some of the most amazing restaurants in the world. I know - I spent the first 52 years of my life living there. I have found I can eat at just about any restaurant while on IP, as I can generally find something. Of course in Napa, wine will be the problem. Truthfully only you can decide if you can handle going off for your vacation and then be able to get back on especially since you have only been doing this for 1 month. I stayed on IP while I traveled for the first 8 months because I didn't fully believe I would go back on the diet. I even stayed on while on a cruise (the most difficult). I did phase off for the summer for some of my trips, but I also had been at this for a long time, and by that time I knew I could get back on phase 1.

We can all advise you, but only you know what's right for you, and what your strength is. For me loosing the weight was more important than what I ate, but that is a decision you will have to make for yourself.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #19  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

It is definitely possible to stay op while on vacation. But, it's up to you. Once you cheat, it's hard to get straight again.
GeauxTigers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #20  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

I recently went on vacation and stayed 100% OP. it was admittedly no fun to watch everyone eat fun food. I would do a shake for breakfast, have a peeled cucumber in my purse for lunch, (yes I packed a peeler), maybe order a salad so I cold eat with everyone, then my protein and steamed veggies for lunch. Pack extra IP food. I stayed an extra day and had to scramble to find alternatives.
The best part.....when I got back I had lost 6.2lbs (9 day WI). It was hard but worth it.

Sassy
Sassyc1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #21  

I've had 2 weekends "away" now. The most recent one included a tailgate at a college football game and beach time.

For both, I PLANNED. I took extra veggies, I pre-made omelets and potato puree "buns". I took extra packets so I would have choices based on unanticipated activities.

Twice I had half my meat protein for lunch and half of it for dinner. But I stayed on-plan.

Losing the weight is my priority. There will always be special occasions for which to make excuses. I'm either in or I'm out. I'm in.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote