Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/226/215

Height: 5'11"

Default Today is my 7th day on IP and im getting bored

Im trying to make the best out of it, I've lost 10lbs in the 7 days ive been on it, but Im getting bored of thesame veggies and plain salad. I either eat brocolli, mushrroom, summer squash, okra, cucumber with my salad. Maybe close minded and my chef skills are moderate...help!
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #2  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Check out Rainbowsmile's recipes. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-rainbow.html

They will brighten your day and make this diet a little more enjoyable.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217.8/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

The crab cakes look awesome! Definitely trying this one. Thanks
szzanni86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #4  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hmm..looks like you need to try some jicama and some kale chips and some turnip fries or kholrabi fries...Why are you sticking to the same old thing? There are plenty of recipes all over for veggies..and why just salad?? You can do soups and purees..even ice cream with veggies ..just ask Liz..she made a cucumber lime sherbet..

You dont need to have serious chef skills...its pretty simple..anyone can do it..just grab yourself a mandolin and ta da..you got turnip fries in a second! Or you can get a zucchini spiraler and you can have zucchini fettuchini noodles..Or invest in some miracle noodles and make a stirfry! The possibilities are endless...

Just free your mind beyond your ol salad ways
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #5  
Porthardygurl

By the way..take 2 portabello mushrooms and top with a little no sugar added tomato sauce and some veggie cheese shreds and 3 little peperoni pieces and bake at 350 in your oven and you got mini pizza!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #6  

Bored after 1 week?!?! Come on! It will be a year OP for me on Sept 6! You wanna talk about bored?!
mamarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/226/215

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarenee View Post
Bored after 1 week?!?! Come on! It will be a year OP for me on Sept 6! You wanna talk about bored?!
Well I forgot to add that Im a "meat and potatoes" guy. I love red meat!
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #8  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Well I forgot to add that Im a "meat and potatoes" guy. I love red meat!
Most of us are a "Fill in the blank here" girl/guy... That's why we're on IP.

Anyway, whatever you do, don't give up. Especially not this early. I'd take being bored for a couple months over living the rest of my life obese, honestly.
Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #9  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Im trying to make the best out of it, I've lost 10lbs in the 7 days ive been on it, but Im getting bored of thesame veggies and plain salad. I either eat brocolli, mushrroom, summer squash, okra, cucumber with my salad. Maybe close minded and my chef skills are moderate...help!
You've lost TEN POUNDS in seven days -- that's like how much they lose on the Biggest Loser, after excercising all day, throwing tires, climbing mountains, with a personal trainer. What else can you eat and get those results?? Personally, if I lost 10 pounds in a week, I'd be ECSTATIC and looking forward to another week of boring salads. I'd be cheering "Bring me more lettuce! I'm on a roll baby!"

If I could make an add for IP I'd say it's kind of like Buckleys cough syrup -- "it tastes awful, but it works!" We're all doing our best to inspire each other with new ideas to help make this "temporary" time of our lives a bit yummier as we get healthier. The main thing is just keep at it and try new things. Tomorrow I'm making a "bun" out of a potato puree pack, or a pizza out of the tomato basil soup -- would never have thought of EITHER of those without this fabulous gang, so stick around and learn some cool ideas!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #10  
My children have paws :)

S/C/G: 212/196/125

Height: 5'3"

Glad I read this because I too was getting discouraged. First weigh-in and only 6lbs down. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation ladies!!
Shobey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #11  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobey26 View Post
Glad I read this because I too was getting discouraged. First weigh-in and only 6lbs down. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation ladies!!
Go to the fridge, grab that pound of butter, look at it and say "I didn't exercise and THIS came off my body in one day" -- It will give you new perspective that 6 pounds in 7 days is amazing!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #12  
Porthardygurl

okay... if your a meat and potaotes guy...then ...

make yourself a lovely 8 ounce lean grilling steak...striploin is pretty yum..top serloin isnt bad! Use walden farms bbq sauce.. and for the side...Get yourself some cauliflour...cook it up..and then mash it and add some garlic , some sea salt and a little margarine....and you have "Feauxtatoes"..it taste great!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #13  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
You could try rhubarb, rutabaga, turnips, or spinach shakes; there are tons of sneaky ways to get your veggies in. Do some more research, skim through recipes you may enjoy.
Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito
When I was a child if I said I was bored my mother would tell me that "only boring people get borard". So my advice is to try mixing it up a bit. I too am on week one and couldn't be happier. Here is what's for dinner tonight. Grilled chicken breast chopped and coated with wf barbacue sauce served in a lettuce "taco" grilled veg on the side. Last night I had pork fajitas with bell pepper and onions in a lettuce "tortilla".

Look at all the seasonings in the suppermarket for ideas. But check the lables carefuly. Taco seasoning has sugar but if you look at the ingredient list you can get all the spices and make your own - the sugar.

10 lb is a big deal keep up the good work and don't give up!

warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #15  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

I understand how you feel. I ate a ton of carbs before this diet (brownies, rice, bubble tea) and not-so-healthy meat (spam, etc) and I lost just 1.4 lbs in my first week. My losses in the succeeding weeks haven't even reached 1 lb. But I think this diet is good (even though your body will initially complain) because it really has gotten me to eat more veggies, lay off the fried and sweet stuff, and drink more water as opposed to soda.

Just hang in there, get a little creative with your food prep (like many others I am a huge fan of the cauliflower rice/mashed/popcorn and the kohlrabi fries) and pretty soon your boredom will go away along with the rest of your excess weight.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote