Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #106  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
Originally Posted by LizRR

And for the folks losing their resolve - remember, don't stop because you are 'tired' or feel like you are at a place that is 'good enough' - go until you are COMPLETELY, 100%, THROUGH THE ROOF ECSTATIC with where you are at! ...

...One of the things that happened to me when I reached goal was that a lot of my friends were telling me that I looked good, that I should stop... And I did because I felt like everybody was against me. The thing is, I was fed up with the diet but I wasn't content with the goal I had reached. This time around, I will be the one deciding when I am done. And I intend to ignore the nasty comments. Thanks LizRR!! I really needed to hear this!!
Welcome neighbour! Never sure how many Canucks are on here to discuss more local product stuff so good to see you! I'm going to cheer you on and say that you and Liz inspired me to reset my own goal a bit. I picked 180 as my goal as it seemed "do-able" but so far away at the time...Now that it's only 15 lbs away, I don't think I wanna stop! So, 160, here I come!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'5

Hello IPers. Happy Monday.

Had WI # 4 today and am down 2lbs. Hoping for a bigger loss next WI after two smaller ones.

WI 1: -7.8
WI 2: -3.4
WI 3: -1.8
WI 4: -2.0 (TOM)
Old 08-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #108  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default Frozen Okra to Dried Okra = awesome

Just following up to say the Kroger all natural frozen okra dried just fine. It took longer than the fresh okra I did, but the pieces were more than twice the size of the fresh I cut up, plus I put them in frozen. Sort of reminds me of the crunchy texture of corn nuts (I made it really dry - for all that crunch).
Old 08-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Just following up to say the Kroger all natural frozen okra dried just fine. It took longer than the fresh okra I did, but the pieces were more than twice the size of the fresh I cut up, plus I put them in frozen. Sort of reminds me of the crunchy texture of corn nuts (I made it really dry - for all that crunch).
Thanks for the follow up! You've got me all excited!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #110  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Hit 50 lbs gone today! Very happy!

People started asking me about my weight loss after I had lost about 20% of my starting weight. I do hear from my parents that people ask them how I've been doing it, but I think they are not comfortable asking me. That is fine with me because I would rather not dwell on it. I will talk about it if they ask me, but for the most part I just want to do my thing and not make anyone else uncomfortable.
Congrats! 50 pounds!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #111  
Diane on track July 2014

Ok-- Zuchinni chips batch #3 is finally edible... NSV!!! I made turnip chips too (since I've had the oven on, may as well experiment) and they were at least crunchy and worth experimenting more with. Have cooked enough turnip to try mock turnip potato salad tomorrow... more turnip -- there is a flying pig somewhere!

I called my friend who is healthy and asked her if she ever used "GEE-cam-ma" and she said "Oh, you mean "hickuhmuh" so there you go for those wanting to ask for Jicama at the store -- glad I asked her first! LOL
Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #112  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I have been such a slacker lately. I think part of it is that I think, "30 pounds is awesome, I don't need to lose the next 20 so fast"..... I'm really going to try harder starting today. I've been stuck right around 190.5-191.5 for a few weeks, so my goal this week is to get in the 180's.

This is really selfish, but I'm going to say it anyway. I'm bummed that more people don't notice my weight loss. I know I shouldn't be bummed about that because at least I know!!
Don't feel bad about being bummed... I remember feeling the same way. Then one day, it was like everyone began to comment on my weight loss, and I have to be honest it does provide an incentive to continue.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #113  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
How long did you cook it and on what temperature? I grew up on fried okra, and this sounds like a comfort food I might enjoy.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #114  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I just turned my protidiet apple cinnamon oatmeal into mini muffins...SO GOOD!!! Perfect for an on the go breakfast. I start school and work next week so this made my day. I am generally only IP foods but wanted to try an unrestricted oatmeal. SO WORTH IT!
I love the protidiet oatmeal. How do you make muffins with it?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #115  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volly View Post
I love the protidiet oatmeal. How do you make muffins with it?
I mixed it with an egg white, a pinch of baking powder, a packet of splenda and some cinnamon. Then added water until the right consistency and put in mini muffin tins. It made 6. Baked on 350 for around 8-10 minutes. I am definitely NOT a chef so you may need to make adjustments. I just play around with the packets and copy the fabulous recipes of lizrr and rainbow.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Welcome neighbour! Never sure how many Canucks are on here to discuss more local product stuff so good to see you! I'm going to cheer you on and say that you and Liz inspired me to reset my own goal a bit. I picked 180 as my goal as it seemed "do-able" but so far away at the time...Now that it's only 15 lbs away, I don't think I wanna stop! So, 160, here I come!
Good for you!! Only you know when you are at a comfortable weight!!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 259/222/140

Height: 5'3"

Lady, I have fallen and I'm having a hard time getting up. Saturday was my daughters bridal shower. One of the grooms grandmothers fixed me a plate of finger foods when she saw I wasn't eating. I tried to stir it around my plate like I was eating it, then some of the sweet girls who took the time to cook looked at me and said don't you like it??? I was a goner on the chicken salad sandwhich and junk on my plate. I ate it all!!!! Now I have a carb monster going. Yesterday it was a handful of chex mix, tonight it was the fajita chicken salad. Each day I was OP, til dinner then I fall. I think my food is getting redundant! Need encouragement please.

W1: -10
W2: -2.2
W3: -5
W4: Wednesday and I have gained 2 back already!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #118  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volly View Post
How long did you cook it and on what temperature? I grew up on fried okra, and this sounds like a comfort food I might enjoy.
Hi Volly,
I use a borrowed ancient dehydrator from my folks, so no idea what temperature it runs. I dried them 16 hours and they didn't seem quite dry enough to me. I checked them again at 24 hours and they were perfect in my eyes anyway. I did salt them when they were thawed so it would stick. We are in the process of getting a dehydrator of our own which will have a thermostat :-) I've got a lot to learn, but I'm excited.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

IP43!! I'm just curious...are you 43 years old? 'Cause that is also my age. lol
Old 08-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #120  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
IP43!! I'm just curious...are you 43 years old? 'Cause that is also my age. lol
No... I'm 29 for the 15th time!
Actually just had a birthday so should change to IP44 I guess! But I wanted to get a name to help me remember when I made the decision to get healthy. The 30s wasn't an all around great decade, so I'm saying "40 is the new 30" -- gettin' slim, had my boobs done, new hair, some new clothes... I'm feelin' fine, and lookin' better than ever. Now what to do about these darn WRINKLES and bags under my eyes that have appeared?! Where did THEY come from?? ... sheesh! Maybe it would help if I wasn't online at 11:38 pm!
Closed Thread