Old 08-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Olives ok?

I'd kill for an olive or two right now! I'm not talking about the fancy pants marinated in oil kind. Just the in the can black olives kind.

What ya thinkin? Ok?
capecodmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #2  
Started IP 6/22/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
I'd kill for an olive or two right now! I'm not talking about the fancy pants marinated in oil kind. Just the in the can black olives kind.

What ya thinkin? Ok?
Technically they are not allowed on phase 1 according to the instructions. I have wanted some here and there also but have resisted. I am hoping for the quickest and best results by sticking to the sheet and my coach's instructions as much as possible. Some people do stray from the sheet or their coaches allow other things so you can always check with your coach, but my guess is no.
nolegirl150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Sorry! Just found a former post that says they are a no no

But....... How about Vlasic no sugar added bread and butter spears? They are 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 protein and sweetened with sucralose. Only ingredients are cukes, water, distilled vinegar, salt, spice, calcium chloride, sucralose, yellow #5. I asked my coach but her take is if it isn't on the guide sheet, no. And I respect that. But, I LOVE pickles and these would be a good addition.
capecodmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #4  
Started IP 6/22/12

Quote:

But....... How about Vlasic no sugar added bread and butter spears? They are 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 protein and sweetened with sucralose. Only ingredients are cukes, water, distilled vinegar, salt, spice, calcium chloride, sucralose, yellow #5. I asked my coach but her take is if it isn't on the guide sheet, no. And I respect that. But, I LOVE pickles and these would be a good addition.
You can have pickles! Just count it toward your veggie allowance. At least this is what I have been told by my coach.

Just be aware of the salt content so you don't get too much salt (don't want to retain water!) and technically sugar is listed in the ingredients also. So, I think if you're not going much over a serving size you don't have to worry about it, but I wouldn't have ONLY pickles for your veggie allowance because then they probably wouldn't be 0/0/0. So, to my knowledge they are allowed.
nolegirl150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:

My coach allows the ones with sucralose, Mine are made by Mt Olive there are bread and butter pickles, spears, sweet relish and baby kerhkins I eat them all.....lol...IF you decide to have an olive have a BLACK one. If you want the best results its best to stick to the sheet BUT if eating these pickles keeps you on plan then eat it. If it will keep you from cheating then go with it BUT don't do it every day that is when it gets dangerous
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Ohh I completely understand this post. I've been dying for some good olives. But, I like the gourmet ones aged in garlic and some oil. My bf has some canned black ones in the fridge and they look so good.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Does anyone know if capers are allowed? Capers are a good olive substitute.
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Does anyone know if capers are allowed? Capers are a good olive substitute.
I've used capers the whole time as they're only in a salt brine.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 tbsp of drained
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1Calories 2
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0.07g 0%
* Saturated Fat 0.02g 0%
* Polyunsaturated Fat 0.026g *
* Monounsaturated Fat 0.005g *
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 255mg 11%
Potassium 3mg *
Total Carbohydrate 0.42g 0%
* Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1%
* Sugars 0.04g *
Protein 0.2g *
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 0% Iron 1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Nutrition Values are based on USDA Nutrient Database SR18
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote