Old 08-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #1  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Red face Bummer, maybe TMI?

I'm on day 18 with IP. I have been losing about a pound a day (woohoo) until a few days ago. I stayed at 295.8 for 2 days and then went down to
295 pounds. The next day I was at 296! Oh my! I have been 100% OP, absolutely NO cheating. This morning I weighed 296.8! What the ****!?!?!? I do feel like I have to take the biggest poop in the history of pooping though. Maybe that's it. I know I'm being a spoiled brat thinking I would lose a pound a day for a month or more. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone!!!

-Megan
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm not doing IP, but keep tracking. You may notice patterns with your weight loss. Many of us have patterns to our weight loss. Some gain around TTOM, Some around ovulation, some stall out before ovulation, some after ovulation.

With only 18 days of tracking, you can't know your body's patterns. Just keep doing what you're supposed to be doing - eating right and eventually the scale will show the results.

FWIW, my monthly pattern looks like this, following my menstrual pattern:

Days 1-3 - holding a bit of water from TTOM
Days 4-6 - a slight weight loss from TTOM
Days 7-11 - stand still - neither up or down
Days 12-13 - a steady climb up on the scale
Day 14 - a spike up on scale (give or take a day or two depending on ovulation)
Days 15-17 - holding high with ovulation.
Days 18-25 - WHOOSH!!! First part of the whoosh is coming down from the water weight from ovulation, latter part of whoosh is all the weight loss I will see for the entire month - I could lose 1-10 pounds in that one week.
Days 26-27 - holding steady.
Day 28 - slight increase with impending TTOM.

So, for me, basically only one week of the entire month will I see progress on the weight loss front. BUT, it's how I behave the ENTIRE month that dictates what kind of loss I'll see during that one week... I just have to do my best every day and it will get better.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #3  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Megan - I'm sure everyone's weight fluctuates day-to-day. Could be water, constipation, etc... I find I am happiest when I don't obsess too much. I gave my scale away. I only weigh once a week when I meet with my coach. I probably do go up and down during the week, but I am happier not knowing! So far - almost 5 weeks in - I have consistenly lost at the end of each week.

Maybe you can get the scale out of the house for a while - have a friend keep it - and see if that approach works better for you?
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/226/155

Height: 5'3"

I have to agree with Lizzy, the first week I started I found myself weighing everyday and sometimes more than once a day. I thought about past failures and realized that they usually centered around the scale. I got tired of letting the scale dictate how I feel. So, I asked my daughter to take my scale back to her house. (hiding it in my house would not have worked) Though I have thoughts, wondering how I am doing, I feel strongly that I am better off without the scale. I know that one decision will have a big impact on my success. Good luck with your journey.
Lotsahope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

I agree too - I do still step on the scale - but more for curiosity in patterns - I no longer let what it says change my mood or determine my outlook - not even at my weekly weigh ins - if you follow the program - the weight will come off - it's that simple - I was losing at a average rate of 3.5 a week for the first 2-3 months - now it's down to 3 a week - but MANY weeks are losses of 1 or 1.5 - it truly doesn't matter - what matters is that my total is 78.4 and if it takes me 6 months or a year - that's just more time I have to learn better eating habits, and be happier with my long term success. Good luck!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I don't have to tell you as I'm sure you know that there is no way you can continue loosing a pound a day forever. The average on IP is 3 to 4 pounds per week. And average meaning not every week, sometimes it will be more and other times it will be less, even a lot less. Besides anything over 3.5 pounds per week isn't fat any longer, but water and or lean muscle, and you don't want to lose that. I do weigh myself everyday, and seeing the up and downs doesn't bother me, but if you aren't the same way then put that scale away!

Remember this is a journey and we are looking at the BIG picture, not day to day.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Megan, don't worry, really ! The 'big C' can cause significant weight stalling, so make sure you are getting your fiber or whatever you need. I didn't weigh myself at home when I was on Phase 1 - just waited until I saw the coach once a week. And, I agree - loss will not be 1 pd/day - that is not sustainable and it is not fat. Just keep plugging away, follow the rules and you'll be fine. You are doing an amazing thing for yourself and I congratulate you !!!

Margaret
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Like everyone else said, don't give too much thought to the day to day changes. I hop on the scale every day, but up or down, I know by the end of the week it's a loss overall. When I do see a gain during the week, I can always figure out..TOM, too much sodium, not enough water the day before, there's always a reason. The first few weeks were much better losses than now, 2lbs each of the last 2 weeks. I was used to 3-5 every week, even 8 the first week.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #9  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Thanks for all the kind words and opinions. Semam...I apologize for my ignorance.....but what is "the big C?" :-)
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #10  

Big C is constipation
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #11  

I have one of those pattern loses that is kinda discouraging but once I realized it I wasn't so worried.

Usually flows in 3 week cycles...loose 5 pounds per week and up to 8 and then flat line for 2 weeks...I dont gain but dont lose but 1or2 pounds a week. Don't know why just does it so I wouldn't be too concerned.
SNEAKYTIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKYTIGGER View Post
I have one of those pattern loses that is kinda discouraging but once I realized it I wasn't so worried.

Usually flows in 3 week cycles...loose 5 pounds per week and up to 8 and then flat line for 2 weeks...I dont gain but dont lose but 1or2 pounds a week. Don't know why just does it so I wouldn't be too concerned.
I have a very similar pattern going on the past two months. I know that I have been 100%. OP but I can't seem to break this pattern. This past wk I even gained .4 of a LB Back in the beginning this would have discouraged me but, not now I have come tooo far ( It also helps that although the scale showed a lose ... I am down a pants size!!!! ) Can't even tell you the last time I was in a size 10
JKfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #13  

Weighed in today..lost 5 lbs this week next week who know rofl
SNEAKYTIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

novilax!!!!
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote