Old 08-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile Hot flashes GONE!

I had finished menopause years ago but had horrible hot flashes during it. For the past 3 years though, I have had incredible hot flashes any time I ate! Of course all my doctors just looked at me like i was crazy and rolled their eyes! Well..........after being on IP for 4 days they went away!!!! I am thrilled (as is my long suffering husband!). My qigong teacher has been saying for years that it was my body digesting food and it wasn't happy. Well I have finally found the answer. Those darn carbs. Not only do they screw with your hips, they fuel the darn internal furnace. I am finally not hot all the time or recovering from being hot. Yippee yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
capecodmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
I had finished menopause years ago but had horrible hot flashes during it. For the past 3 years though, I have had incredible hot flashes any time I ate! Of course all my doctors just looked at me like i was crazy and rolled their eyes! Well..........after being on IP for 4 days they went away!!!! I am thrilled (as is my long suffering husband!). My qigong teacher has been saying for years that it was my body digesting food and it wasn't happy. Well I have finally found the answer. Those darn carbs. Not only do they screw with your hips, they fuel the darn internal furnace. I am finally not hot all the time or recovering from being hot. Yippee yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's great!!!

BTW it's nice to see locals...I'm in New Bedford
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #3  

Yup! On Cape Cod. Trying to be 100% and trying to keep my grand girls out of the ocean! We live in the shark attack town. Guess they have to eat too! But they need to stop looking for protein!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #4  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Hi fellow MA gal!

That is awesome about the hot flashes!
Aimiloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Ooh look, a Massachusetts partay!

You guys must be swamped with reporters down there from the sharks. poor guy just wanted a nibble!
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #6  

He took more than a nibble. We now have spotter planes flying back and forth all along the ocean side. There are boats out patrolling. Everyone is on high alert. The problem is the darn seals. The sharks love them. We humans are just dessert. Everyone is fearing another attack. We have had 10or 12 sightings in the last 2 weeks. One just this afternoon And they are big guys. 18-20 feet long. I was ok until one renowned expert said that there were 2 places in the world where you could be GUARANTEED to see great white sharks -the great barrier reef in Australia and Cape Cod. YIKES!!!! My exercise will not be swimming (except in my own pool)! My grand daughter says you will be fine as long as you don't hear the music! (cue up the music from Jaws).
I do plan on taking my lunch salad to the beach tomorrow and look for fins!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I know - it's bad, I've usually taken the kids down to Scusset Beach or Onset a few times by now, and I just can't do it this year. I know Falmouth is a far cry from there but just the THOUGHT...*shudder*. We'll stay inland this year and pretend the kiddie pool is the ocean
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #8  

And we got the grand girls surfing lessons for Christmas. So not using those!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #9  

Quote:
It could be the gluten. There are a LOT of gluten insensitivities most conventional medicine doesn't test for.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #10  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

I've got to agree that the carbs somehow heat up your body. I think I've been having one long hot flash for several years -- just hot all the time. Now, I've cooled down considerably. Wearing sweaters when I wouldn't have needed to before. I've also noticed I don't seem to need the "prescription strength" deodorant, which I've used for years. Ran out the other day and used something else, which seems to be working fine.

These kind of side effects of the diet I can definitely live with. Now, if my hair will just stay put - that's one I don't want!!!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Same here. But the fat we store holds estrogen. Once we start burning the fat the estrogen is released...and no more hot flashes!

I am close to goal, and mine are starting to come back a little. I even had a TOM when I first started.

The best thing I have used for hot flashes is black cohosh.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #12  

Sorry, new here.....TOM?
That damn estrogen. When I started this 2 weeks ago, I had to get written permission from my oncologist to start. My coach insisted on it! I had breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago. Surgery, radiation and gone! Been there done that. But, my coach said that my estrogen levels might change. I' ve been in menopause so long now that she doesn't think the levels will screw with me enough to cause issues. But, you are right Delgan, maybe it's that damn E word. Whatever it is I am thankful and so is The Man!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Sorry, new here.....TOM?
That damn estrogen. When I started this 2 weeks ago, I had to get written permission from my oncologist to start. My coach insisted on it! I had breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago. Surgery, radiation and gone! Been there done that. But, my coach said that my estrogen levels might change. I' ve been in menopause so long now that she doesn't think the levels will screw with me enough to cause issues. But, you are right Delgan, maybe it's that damn E word. Whatever it is I am thankful and so is The Man!
"Time Of the Month." Something us post menopausal women don't need to worry about. When I started I also had to get a note from my oncologist (I had endometrial cancer 3 years ago), my coach insisted too.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #14  
Started IP 8/19/2012

Hi everyone -

Another MA woman here too! Well - relocated but it has been many years and I am home. I am up north though so no sharks here - though lots of lobsters Actually, I live across the street from the harbor and I can walk out my front door and buy some off the boat!

Also - somewhat of a "pre-menopausal" woman who just turned 50 but still dealing with TOM TMI I know!

Anyway starting the program tomorrow and wanted to say Hi. First time ever so the mixture of excitement and fear! Will post on the daily thread.

And wanted to say to scorbett1103 in regards to your DH and his diabetes. Sounds like you guys are dealing with it well but take care. It is an awful place to be. My DH just started kidney dialysis a few weeks ago and it has been a nightmare from the start. He is relatively young and the future is bleak, but for now it is something he has to do. So taking good care of yourself with this program will help everyone in your family.

Look forward to chatting with you all - have a wonderful evening...
LillieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

We should have a thread for those of us 50 and older doing IP. LOL
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote