Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hi ipeeps!!!
been awol....but tried to read most of the posts...
happy to see everyone is doing GREAT!!

i had a very very dear friend who lost her DH totally unexpected in his sleep. so have been quite distraught and busy. my heart just aches for her.

i am so proud of me for dealing with the grief in positive ways. in the past i would have bought a gallon of ice cream and buried my emotions in it with a huge spoon!! but i have been 100% OP....and it feels good.

its so important to learn the lessons of dealing with some of life's crap...without stuffing those emotions with crap food!!

please lift her up in your prayers. she has an 8 yr old to now raise alone. i can't even imagine losing the love of your life.

everyone be happy and stay in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace out!!!!!!!!!!!
My heart goes out to your friend and her child. Thank God she has you for support. Sounds like your strength will be a comfort on the road ahead too.
Take care.
Renee
Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #77  

Quote:
hi ipeeps!!!

i had a very very dear friend who lost her DH totally unexpected in his sleep. so have been quite distraught and busy. my heart just aches for her.

i am so proud of me for dealing with the grief in positive ways. in the past i would have bought a gallon of ice cream and buried my emotions in it with a huge spoon!! but i have been 100% OP....and it feels good.

its so important to learn the lessons of dealing with some of life's crap...without stuffing those emotions with crap food!!

please lift her up in your prayers. she has an 8 yr old to now raise alone. i can't even imagine losing the love of your life.

peace out!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so sorry about your friends loss. That is horrible, so tragic and just plain awful. Good for you though for not turning to food for comfort. I do the same as well, everytime we resist we become stronger. And a stronger you will be able to help your friend in the hard days ahead. HUGS
Old 08-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 259/222/140

Talking Hiya!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I was having a melt down for my cadbury caramel chocolate. I resisted and went shopping. I decided to try cloths on... WOW i was glad i didnt eat that chocolate after those cloths i tried on fit so nicely!!!!

Last edited by Corazon30; 08-11-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #79  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

We went to our Sunday School class pool party today and there was absolutely no problem staying OP. There were so many veggies. It was a nice surprise.

I am so pleased two of my girls are asking for spinach salads and okra. Maybe it is not to late to change their love for veggies. I have one more to convert. She isn't a junk food junkie but no veggies.

I made stir fried cabbage yesterday that was so good. It had 1tsp of lime juice in it and didn't think about it until I had already eaten it. I wonder if that was okay, because I would love to have it again?

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Rainbow-- so sorry about your friend's loss. Hugs and prayers!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #81  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

I am proud of you too Rainbow. Adding you and your friend to my prayers.
Hugs!
Barb
Old 08-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #82  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

so DH just surprised us with a trip to Disney my first weigh in is on Tues and we leave next Fri I hope I can stay close to plan I dont know what to do help for one week so I will miss WI 2
Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #83  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Sunday!!! I hope most of you are enjoying a beautiful morning - here it's rainy, but at least I don't have to water the veg garden!!

Today's going to be a big plan-ahead day. We have church in a few hours, then my nephew's birthday party for a few hours, then the hour drive home in time for work at 3pm. There "should" be veggies at the party, but I'm bringing some snack veggies just in case! The work cafeteria hasn't had much to offer lately so I'm going to try and get my work dinner assembled before we head out for the day. Planning definitely makes this diet easier when I'm not home!!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #84  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
hi ipeeps!!!

peace out!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry for your friend's loss, that's incredibly sad.

You are so right that we need to deal with our emotions in other ways. Emotional eating has been a big one for me, and it's a slippery slope once you "go there." Great job for staying OP, and being a great friend when in need.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
hi ipeeps!!!

peace out!!!!!!!!!!!
Sending prayers your way. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You are an incredible friend & you'll get through this together. I'm so proud of the fact that you stayed OP!!! You'll feel much better helping your friend than eating that gallon of ice cream! Hang in there...thinking of you & yours today!!

Last edited by fitgirl2012; 08-12-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Sunday!!! I hope most of you are enjoying a beautiful morning - here it's rainy, but at least I don't have to water the veg garden!!

Today's going to be a big plan-ahead day. We have church in a few hours, then my nephew's birthday party for a few hours, then the hour drive home in time for work at 3pm. There "should" be veggies at the party, but I'm bringing some snack veggies just in case! The work cafeteria hasn't had much to offer lately so I'm going to try and get my work dinner assembled before we head out for the day. Planning definitely makes this diet easier when I'm not home!!
Way to plan ahead! You're right...planning makes it a lot easier to stay OP.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #87  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
ugh how awful. Will definitely keep them in our prayers.

And congrats on not letting the emotions of the situation change your control over food! That's a HUGE NSV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm so sorry for your friend and soooooooo very proud of you. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Molly
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
My heart goes out to your friend and her child. Thank God she has you for support. Sounds like your strength will be a comfort on the road ahead too.
Take care.
Renee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I am so sorry about your friends loss. That is horrible, so tragic and just plain awful. Good for you though for not turning to food for comfort. I do the same as well, everytime we resist we become stronger. And a stronger you will be able to help your friend in the hard days ahead. HUGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Rainbow-- so sorry about your friend's loss. Hugs and prayers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I am proud of you too Rainbow. Adding you and your friend to my prayers.
Hugs!
Barb
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
I'm so sorry for your friend's loss, that's incredibly sad.

You are so right that we need to deal with our emotions in other ways. Emotional eating has been a big one for me, and it's a slippery slope once you "go there." Great job for staying OP, and being a great friend when in need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Sending prayers your way. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You are an incredible friend & you'll get through this together. I'm so proud of the fact that you stayed OP!!! You'll feel much better helping your friend than eating that gallon of ice cream! Hang in there...thinking of you & yours today!!
THANK YOU ALL....for your prayers and thoughts. It has been a very long time since I have cried this much. It still seems so surreal.

today...a little girl will say goodbye to her father as they lower him into the ground...earth to earth...ashes to ashes...dust to dust....

today my friend will lay to rest her beloved husband, the man of her dreams. He has left his beautiful earth angel for angels in heaven. when i spoke with her, her one wish, was that NO ONE should ever miss the chance to say I LOVE YOU...to the ones they love. one of the beautiful comforts and memories she will always have is telling the man she loved... she loved him before they went to sleep. we have NO guarantee of a tomorrow. all we have is here and now.

i want to pass along that wish...that if you are reading this, to stop what you are doing, and go and tell the ones you love, that you love them and how much they mean to you. write them, text them, email them, call them, or tell them in person! life is so precious.

please continue to lift her and her family up in your prayers.

peace and love

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-12-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm so glad you can be there for your friend. What a terrible time for her.

Fall is in the air this morning in Denver. We had storms yesterday evening that cooled everything off, and it's just lovely. Eating my crispy cereal waffle, and then I'm working out.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #89  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow, so sorry for your friend's tragic loss. Something so horribly unexpected like that rocks the world of everyone and it takes a lot of inner strength to be there for her while in shock yourself. She is lucky to have you in her life. This awful time has also shown you that you can avoid those old habits of self-soothing with food and instead choosing to stay strong and OP. Sending prayers for both of you.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #90  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
hi ipeeps!!!

peace out!!!!!!!!!!!
stay strong. Hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon30 View Post
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I was having a melt down for my cadbury caramel chocolate. I resisted and went shopping. I decided to try cloths on... WOW i was glad i didnt eat that chocolate after those cloths i tried on fit so nicely!!!!
Awesome.
Closed Thread