Old 08-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #1  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Default Ninja or Magic bullet????

I know there was a thread on this but I cannot find it.

I am looking to purchase one of these tonight. I was leaning more towards the magic bullet b/c its small, but I just read that it doesnt chop ice very good to make a smoothie or shake.

any thoughts?
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #2  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Here's the thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ic-bullet.html

Also I've read on the forums the smaller blender doesn't do spinach smoothies too well, which is my lifeblood!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-10-2012 at 03:56 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #3  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I have never used a Magic Bullet, but got a Ninja shortly after I started this diet. It definitely crushes ice. I'm really enjoying mine.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #4  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Thanks Liz. How do you find that so fast?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #5  

I have a Ninja and love it! It crushes the heck out of ice, has 2 different size blender pitchers and has a dough attachment too! Definitely worth every penny
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #6  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

I like my Magic Bullet. It seems to crush ice just fine. And I like the small size - just right for one shake with ice and whatever else I throw in...

Never tried the Ninja, though...
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #7  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Well I just bought the Ninja Pulse ( I think thats what its called) from Bed Bath & Beyond and also a Julienne peeler so I can have my zucchini noodles (Thanks JW). The Ninja Pulse comes with some individual cups and it said something about even making dough in it. I am going to pick it up from my local store tonight. Cant wait to use it tomorrow.

LIZ - I am going to try the spinach in the chocolate drink. YIKES
Old 08-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Well I just bought the Ninja Pulse ( I think thats what its called) from Bed Bath & Beyond and also a Julienne peeler so I can have my zucchini noodles (Thanks JW). The Ninja Pulse comes with some individual cups and it said something about even making dough in it. I am going to pick it up from my local store tonight. Cant wait to use it tomorrow.

LIZ - I am going to try the spinach in the chocolate drink. YIKES
Thanks for asking the question, I think I'll need to go get that too! How much spinach in the chocolate shake? I need to find a way to get in all the veggies. I think I'm brave enough to try that. maybe.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #9  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Thanks for asking the question, I think I'll need to go get that too! How much spinach in the chocolate shake? I need to find a way to get in all the veggies. I think I'm brave enough to try that. maybe.
I think I might just try 1 cup for now to see if I can even eat it. I dont want to turn or anything, hehe
Old 08-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #10  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

I just debated about the two, and decided on the Ninja after reading reviews at Sam's Club (where I bought it) and amazon. The magic bullet reviews on amazon are good too, but the more recent ones aren't so good. I got the impression the quality has gone downhill. FYI, Target has the original 17-pc bullet for $49.99, and you get a $10 gift card with your purchase (wk of 8/5/12).
stargirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #11  
Started IP 6/15/012

S/C/G: 150/133.5/125

Height: 5'5.5"

LUV my ninja! My magic bullet just doesn't have the same power as the ninja,esp when using ice in shakes,etc
follyb girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #12  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I had the magic bullet once, it ended up in the garbage shortly after I bought it while still under warranty! The thing is that the rubber that holds the cups get torn to pieces and I called warranty for them to send me a new one, the first time it worked they sent it to me, just shortly after, the same thing happened again, I called the warranty, and they said they can't do anything about it, so I threw everything in the garbage and just kept the cups and the lids that came with it.

When I bought my Ninja on special for $30, I was amazed of how much stuff I can do with this machine!!! I love it, worth purchasing it 100%, I do almost everything related to this diet in it!!! I use it for making my protein shakes with crushed ice (yummy), for making salsa in few seconds, for mixing my ground meat with onions and vegetables to make patties, I even was amazed when my mom and I who are Lebanese and love Lebanese cuisine, how easy it was to make hummus in it, instead of buying the canned hummus, we found it cheaper and super easy to make it ourselves, but the best thing was that I was able to do the parsley perfectly chopped for Tabbouli!!! That was the first time I was able to do parsley in a machine that turned out good for Tabbouli, usually all other blenders or choppers get the parsley watery and runny, but not this one.

Seriously, I use it to make almost everything on this diet.

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 08-11-2012 at 08:48 AM.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
I had the magic bullet once, it ended up in the garbage shortly after I bought it while still under warranty! The thing is that the rubber that holds the cups get torn to pieces and I called warranty for them to send me a new one, the first time it worked they sent it to me, just shortly after, the same thing happened again, I called the warranty, and they said they can't do anything about it, so I threw everything in the garbage and just kept the cups and the lids that came with it.

When I bought my Ninja on special for $30, I was amazed of how much stuff I can do with this machine!!! I love it, worth purchasing it 100%, I do almost everything related to this diet in it!!! I use it for making my protein shakes with crushed ice (yummy), for making salsa in few seconds, for mixing my ground meat with onions and vegetables to make patties, I even was amazed when my mom and I who are Lebanese and love Lebanese cuisine, how easy it was to make hummus in it, instead of buying the canned hummus, we found it cheaper and super easy to make it ourselves, but the best thing was that I was able to do the parsley perfectly chopped for Tabbouli!!! That was the first time I was able to do parsley in a machine that turned out good for Tabbouli, usually all other blenders or choppers get the parsley watery and runny, but not this one.

Seriously, I use it to make almost everything on this diet.
Great tips! I just bought one last night and will start doing my drinks with it today. How much ice do you use? I'm so excited to mix things up a bit. I've tried to keep it simple for 9 weeks, but it's time to add to my menu!
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/15/012

S/C/G: 150/133.5/125

Height: 5'5.5"

I am not sure how this product is but on groupon I just saw they have the 15 piece Emson Big Boss blender for only $29.
follyb girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #15  
Started IP 6/22/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
I think I might just try 1 cup for now to see if I can even eat it. I dont want to turn or anything, hehe
Hehe I felt the same way when I first heard about the spinach shakes. I thought for sure it would be gross. However, LizRR is right! (& a genius!) I have had it in the chocolate shake and the cappuccino drink and don't taste it at all! It blends so well that there aren't little pieces either. I usually put the spinach in with the water first and blend it up really well. Then I add the drink powder and blend it. I like mine with ice so I add that, and frozen coffee ice cubes are excellent too! I actually prefer it with the spinach-- seems less chalky/powdery somehow and more filling. Thanks, LizRR!
nolegirl150 is offline   Reply With Quote