Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #16  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning TGIF! I was the "hotflash queen" until IP, now I am wrapped up on a blanket or sitting at my desk in a sweater. It is great, my bangs used to be plastered to my forehead (not a pretty site), now it is great, good hair days!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, welcome to the newbies, good luck on all the WIs.
Ha! That was my hairstyle too! We were just glowing, right?!?!?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #17  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning from Sunny Seattle.... You know it is actually funny to say that most days. Woke up earlier than usual this morning so decided to do 30 min of yoga. Feel super streached which is nice to say. Now I am buzzing my way through my morning tasks at work and can't wait for my afternoon nap this afternoon. I really only nap friday afternoons even if I want to the rest of the week. Hope you all have a great OP day.

Brandy's feel good quote of the day:

When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #18  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning all! It's a cool, rainy morning here in northern MI - I love it!
Well, I'm on my own today...VIP had to go back to work. He was very good about prepping my meals as much as he could before he left so I don't have to hobble around the kitchen too much on the crutches - they are kicking my a**! I'm kind of a klutz anyway, so am really bad now. Should have borrowed a walker I guess.

Happy - if you want your S/C/G &/or tracker updated after WIs, you need to do it yourself. It's easy, click on "Quick Links" at the top of this screen, and go from there.

Big Daddy - I was completely off my BP meds within 2 weeks of starting IP! And my blood sugar is back in the normal range too.

Someday I'd like to visit Door County too. Sounds like a great place to vaca!

Stay OP every one and have a great day!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning my IP family! I'm headachy this morning... almost feel hungover, which I'm not. I'm blaming it on allergies. Also, I'm noticing I'm losing a lot of hair recently. No idea why, as I'm in maintenance and eating pretty well. Maybe I should restart the vitamins? Or, could it be peri-menopause? (I'm 47) Any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytobeonthisdiet View Post
Hi, I am fairly new to this program, 5 weeks in. Does anyone else notice that they get cold faster? I was one of those people who was always hot....and now I am very comfortable when everyone else is hot. I am sure less "insulation" is part of it....but does the ketones have anything to do with it? I am not complaining....it is a nice change! Have a great day fellow IPers!
Yes, I'm cold more now, but I don't really mind. I like wearing sweaters and long sleeves. Congrats on the 3.1! That's a great week! I updated my weight each week, and continue to do so here when I think of it. I also downloaded a weighttracker app on my phone that I use as my weekly accountability now that I'm not going to the center anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Awesome job!

So the end result of me walking yesterday morning was....me passed out hard on the couch as soon as the kiddos went to bed I think I will try adding an extra packet after walking instead of just the hard boiled egg, it may not have been enough! It stinks because I completely slept through having my evening snack/vitamins. Fortunately that's not the norm, and I'm having breakfast early today with an added egg since it was so long between meals.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Make sure you're taking care of YOU! Many take an extra protein packet with exercise. I think an egg is a good option too.

Beck: Nice job staying OP while vacationing. Sounds like you had an awesome trip!

And for you whiners... (read winers) don't fret, it will be allowed soon. I found this interesting article about alcohol. It confirms our instinct that red wine is the best choice when bellying up to the bar. Wishing you all a great day OP. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-c...#axzz239MxvKz7
Old 08-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #20  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Oh my - Shathom & Carcam - my hotflashes have gotten so much worse since beginning IP! My coach said it is the opposite for most menopausal women. Leave it to me to be the abnormal one! LOL Even before this phase of life though, I was always the one that was too warm when others were cold. I look forward to being able to wear layers in the winter rather than short sleeves year-round!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

good morning...nothing too much to say, everything is going as it should, but I rarely have time to post so thought i would.
great to always read of individual experiences. Keep up the great work and the successes!
Happy Friday!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

"Good Morning my IP family! I'm headachy this morning... almost feel hungover, which I'm not. I'm blaming it on allergies. Also, I'm noticing I'm losing a lot of hair recently. No idea why, as I'm in maintenance and eating pretty well. Maybe I should restart the vitamins? Or, could it be peri-menopause? (I'm 47) Any advice?"

you know, I have read ALOT of IPers are losing their hair, I have been too. BUT...I have a friend who says she has been losing her hair at an incredible pace too and she is not on IP. I have my own crazy ideas as to why, (shedding due to the heat...like my dogs
I read on other posts that some eat the sugar free jello and that it helps with hair and nail issues, does anyone else do that? or they use KNOX???
Would love some feedback...my hair loss has definitely decreased since last month, but for a while there is was coming out by the handful.

Last edited by BLUEJEWEL; 08-10-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #23  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Quote:
Hi, I am fairly new to this program, 5 weeks in. Does anyone else notice that they get cold faster? I was one of those people who was always hot....and now I am very comfortable when everyone else is hot. I am sure less "insulation" is part of it....but does the ketones have anything to do with it? I am not complaining....it is a nice change! Have a great day fellow IPers!
YES!!! People that pass by my office laugh at me b/c usually I am wrapped up in my Saints snuggie, LOL. they keep the thermostat at 73 in here.

Quote:
Down 3.1 yesterday! Woot! Woot! Total a little over 21 pounds in 5 weeks! I don't know why everyone is not on this diet!
Whooohooo Congrats!!!

[QUOTE=Big Daddy;4433396]i work in a plant so we have a med staff here full time. i get it check every week. i am for dure keeping my eye on it. thank you.

Big daddy - what plant you work at? I work in one too
Old 08-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #24  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Ha! That was my hairstyle too! We were just glowing, right?!?!?
LOL, we were looking like a Hot Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Oh my - Shathom & Carcam - my hotflashes have gotten so much worse since beginning IP! My coach said it is the opposite for most menopausal women. Leave it to me to be the abnormal one! LOL Even before this phase of life though, I was always the one that was too warm when others were cold. I look forward to being able to wear layers in the winter rather than short sleeves year-round!
I used to be soo hot and miserable all the time, the core of my body felt like it was on fire Now, it is so wonderful to have to cover up especially since I live in Florida.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #25  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Good Morning everyone!

I dont have too much time this morning, but wanted to stop in and say hi and to wish everyone a great day!! TGIF!!

I will definitely check back in later.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #26  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I dont have too much time this morning, but wanted to stop in and say hi and to wish everyone a great day!! TGIF!!

I will definitely check back in later.
What happen to our Saints last night???....I was yelling at the TV...lol....no one else to talk to .....lol
Old 08-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #27  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

It's been a while since I checked in. I lost another 2.2 pounds this week, giving me another for my signature.

I have a question. My hubs just bought some non-fat cheddar cheese sticks. They are 80 cal, 0 carb, 9 protein, <1 fat each. Is there any reason why I can't substitute 2 of them for a restricted. The idea of cheese after 9 weeks seems very decadent.

Last edited by GrandmaKiss; 08-10-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: angel/angle, I never have been able to keep them straight
Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #28  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
What happen to our Saints last night???....I was yelling at the TV...lol....no one else to talk to .....lol
Girl, I dont know. Terrible!! I am glad its preseason though.
My oldest son was happy, he is a Patriots fan! BOOOOOO!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #29  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Your transformation is UNBELIEVABLE!!! You look absolutely amazing girl!!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #30  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Happy - Me too! BRRRR....

Funny, I never thought to ask here, just thought it was me.

We always keep the AC at 74 in the summer, and now it's just too cold. I liked it even colder at night, and now I have to have another blanket on top of my sheet and the light summer blanket.

I've always enjoyed winter - love the snow and an occasional ski trip. I hope I can still enjoy that!!

School shopping with daughter and the grandkids today. Threw an "emergency" bar in my purse in case it takes longer than I think...
Closed Thread