Old 08-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i think nothing is more frustrating than discouragement when you are trying your hardest and not seeing the results you desire!!

when i first started...i only liked a very very few of the foods listed on the IP sheet...and i mean very few!! i am overly picky!!

BUT...i decided to commit to 10 weeks....and i knew that if i was going to invest money, time, energy and HOPE in this mission, i knew i had to find a way to MAKE IT WORK FOR ME!

that is one of the most impressive things about IDEAL PROTEIN...is that EVERYONE....ANYONE...can make it work for them.

1. MINDSET: make up your mind if THIS IS REALLY the protocol or journey you want to take. this is not for the faint hearted nor the uninspired. this protocol takes guts, determination and a fierce resolve!!!

2. PREPARE: read read read READ these threads. honestly, i believe that there is no coach out there that can COLLECTIVELY give you ALL THE AMAZING ADVICE that comes from these golden threads!!! ask questions...we are all here to help...but PREPARE FIRST. READ FIRST. practically every question you might come up with has already been addressed!!

3. BE WILLING TO GET OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE: you MUST be willing to try new foods with an open mind. THESE PRODUCTS and recipes that are used ARE NOT GOING TO BE LIKE THE FOOD YOU HAVE EATEN TO GET YOU WHERE YOU ARE!! But they can be the tool that you use to get you where you want to be. Try a new food each week!!! if you don't like it cooked one way, cook it another way. google a food...and type recipe after that foods name and there will be thousands of choices!!! thousands!!! it does take effort and it does take research!! but you are investing in YOU and you are worth it!

4. BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN...that is the most important lesson!! if you BELIEVE that you can...YOU WILL!!! you will FIND A WAY...to make it work.

hope that helps...and please don't give up!!!!!
Wow! This is something I want to refer to daily! I'm in P4 and it continually takes work. Thanks for your words of encouragement!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #32  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
USMC.....ya know I had a feeling you were having issues because You haven't been posting much, you have been rather quiet. DON'T you stop until YOU ARE DONE!....You know how to reach me any time day or night....If you have to email or text me do so....I am HERE for YOU or anyone else for that matter. Go BACK to the basics.....GO BACK to measuring everything, no time to get laxed. Just because you are HALFWAY there doesn't give you reason to STOP doing what you are suppose too. I NEED YOU to go back to your 4-5lb weeks....I NEED YOU to focus....the kids NEED YOU....your wife NEEDS YOU....This is your coach speaking I wuv YOU!...had to give YOU my TOUGH WUV
I noticed that too with Vet. Come on, you can do it! You have come so far and you can continue!
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote