Old 08-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Best packets for vacation

I am getting ready for a "working" vacation for 10 days. My hubby and I will be fixing up his grandmothers house, making repairs etc. My question is...WHAT PACKETS ARE THE BEST? I have my favorites but which ones do you all think keep you fuller longer or are the easiest? I will have access to a kitchen and grocery stores so no worries there. I will be weighing in on Monday and will need to buy 2 weeks worth of food and I WILL NOT FAIL. My mother in law is very judgmental and I am scared...
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I think if you know you are going to be doing strenuous work and need some extra energy, you can add a hard boiled egg or 2 egg whites to your program for a little more "oomph" - maybe start your day with one of the omelettes plus 2 egg whites, and 1 cup of your veggies to beef it up a little!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Everything is pretty portable. Make sure you bring some bars.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 134/114.6/118

Height: 5'2"

I agree with scorbett. You'll be working pretty hard so some extra calories wouldn't hurt. I always think the crispy cereal keeps me pretty satiated. Chicken a la King also seems to stave off hunger. Good luck!
VickiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #5  
Veroli

S/C/G: 168/136/130

Height: 5'5"

When I travel I take bars and RTD. For the night I also like the piņa colada or banana & pineapple drink mix. If you have a micro handy the soups work very well.
Veroli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #6  

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all advice!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #7  

I just got back from 9 days in Utah. I lived on the peach and mango and the pink lemonade. All I needed to do was add water and ice to a bottle and I was good to go. I added more water than the directions called for. This was quick and easy, and perfect for the 100 degree days.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/191/145

Height: 5' 4"

I am going on vacation to Belize in 3 weeks for a wedding and my 50th birthday ( i will be gone 6 days). My coach has suggested that i go off IP and enjoy myself and that what i might gain would probably come quickly the next week. So it sets me back a week or two. I thought about sticking to protein, vegetables, and alcohol and avoid sugar. or should i just take her advice. I am fairly confident i can get back on that next week. Any advice? -t
austintacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintacious View Post
I am going on vacation to Belize in 3 weeks for a wedding and my 50th birthday ( i will be gone 6 days). My coach has suggested that i go off IP and enjoy myself and that what i might gain would probably come quickly the next week. So it sets me back a week or two. I thought about sticking to protein, vegetables, and alcohol and avoid sugar. or should i just take her advice. I am fairly confident i can get back on that next week. Any advice? -t
Wow are our coaches different! She told me no excuses and that there shouldn't be any reason for me to not be 100% OP the whole week ( I am staying at a house with full kitchen.) the only advice she gave me was that if I do cheat, make sure the next 2 days are super strict with no restricted packets. Most people who cheat, cheat again the next day because they have already blown it. She said if a person cheats but gets right back OP then there may not be any gain.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

This is such a hard question..I am going up North next week also and was REALLY disappointed that I couldn't roast marshmallows..and we are taking my niece to a county fair...(you can imagine the food temptations without me mentioning them...) But...it is a choice..and I have decided to stay strong and 100% OP....rather than feel bad about the food I may be missing...I have chosen to concentrate on the feeling of accomplishment when I am able to overcome all of these temptations.....Food doesn't control me.....I control me...and I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!
Jodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
This is such a hard question..I am going up North next week also and was REALLY disappointed that I couldn't roast marshmallows..and we are taking my niece to a county fair...(you can imagine the food temptations without me mentioning them...) But...it is a choice..and I have decided to stay strong and 100% OP....rather than feel bad about the food I may be missing...I have chosen to concentrate on the feeling of accomplishment when I am able to overcome all of these temptations.....Food doesn't control me.....I control me...and I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!
Great attitude. Food doesn't control us! We were given brains and willpower. It is in our hands. Just imaging those small size clothing we WILL be purchasing.
There will be temptations for me to but I am not worried AT ALL about cheating. I am more worried about working too hard on my grandma's house and not eating the right amount of protein that I start burning that lean muscle. I really appreciate my coach for not giving me ANY way out. She is strict and i like that. Knowing that I am packing nothing bigger than a size 12 is all I need to sat 100% OP!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/** ticker **/170

Height: 5'9

In my humble opinion.... stick with OP and give it 100%. The excuses & cheats are what got us here in the 1st place. It was my bday this week & I decided that instead of cheating I was going to look at my lbs lost as my big present. You will be so happy when you get on the scale the next week! You can do it!!!
faithgirljen is offline   Reply With Quote