Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
WHOOOP WHOOOP.....i would fight someone if they tried to take my english muffin!! hahaha

GOOD LUCK!!!

they are thin...when you split it, but it does work for both!!!
you can do it!!!
Hehe - thanks! Yeah, I'm okay with thin - I like the idea of being able to have both the morning toast and dinner bun!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 225/204/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Did a bit more shopping today and that got me keyed up to clean out more of my closet. Was able to give a huge amount of stuff to my sister and/or Value Village which is great - and it makes room for more new stuff!

I was especially sad to see my winter coat go. But, uh, there's no way I could pull off this look:

Wow!!!! How great must that feel!!
Your transformation is so inspiring!!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #93  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Totally amazing pictures!!! Even the pup can't believe it!
Love it!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yay New Englanders! I used to live in Providence, near the college. Love it there, we bring the kids to the zoo at least a few times a year!
I'm originally from CT and lived in new Bedford for 5 years, true new England girl at heart I forget I'm starting to get a southern accent.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #95  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
I'm originally from CT and lived in new Bedford for 5 years, true new England girl at heart I forget I'm starting to get a southern accent.
Ha! I'm in New Bedford now! Originally from Colorado, moved here as a kid (Mansfield area) and then bounced around for a while before landing here 5 years ago. Hubby has been in this area his whole life so here we be . And don't worry, no amount of southern-ness can take the Yankee out of you
Old 08-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Ha! I'm in New Bedford now! Originally from Colorado, moved here as a kid (Mansfield area) and then bounced around for a while before landing here 5 years ago. Hubby has been in this area his whole life so here we be . And don't worry, no amount of southern-ness can take the Yankee out of you
Oh that's very true, in my funny southern voice I still say wicked. Lol, real southerners know I'm all Yankee.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 259/222/140

Height: 5'3"

Ipdivajen

You look fabulous girl!!!!! Keep up the good work, I am so inspired!!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #98  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Oh that's very true, in my funny southern voice I still say wicked. Lol, real southerners know I'm all Yankee.
haha!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to pop in and say I've been cleaning out my kitchen the paast few days and it feels good!

I filled 3-4 shopping bags of pasta, canned goods, yogurt, nuts, cheese, etc and sent it to my parents and sister. They were all very happy! Especially with a huge bag of new quinoa and pita chips LOL.

I sectioned off part of the cabinet just for me: tea bags, stevia, crystal light and the fridge is full of veggies and WF! I made a large bowl of cauliflower rice for the week, and have a large bowl of vegetable/beef stir fry. Two jugs of fresh unsweetened iced tea and diluted crystal light.

I'm feeling good!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #100  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hi all! Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Did a bit more shopping today and that got me keyed up to clean out more of my closet. Was able to give a huge amount of stuff to my sister and/or Value Village which is great - and it makes room for more new stuff!

I was especially sad to see my winter coat go. But, uh, there's no way I could pull off this look:

Your pics are AMAZING! You rock it girl!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #101  

Default Better day

Hi all
Today went much better than yesterday. I added 2 salads and the day just "went" smoother too.
Hubby smoked a big ol pork tenderloin but then some friends wanted to go out for dinner. I'll have the pork with mashed cauliflower tomorrow.

I got my beef with no sauce & asparagus. Everyone went out for frozen custard but I really didn't want any. I was full. When we got home I had my IP planned snack: raspberry jello. I thought it needs more water next time

Now I'm tired & sorta want to eat. What should you do when you're tired? Go to bed!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Wow, I was just trying to catch up before going to bed, and I'm so glad I did! Congrats Trish and Wow! Jen with the big coat and the new before and after pictures! Very exciting!

There was something else too, but it slipped by. Hmmm.

I made potatoes for my family tonight where you cut them in cubes, toss with EVOO and bake on a sheet pan. I love those things...so I got brave enough to try a turnip prepared the same and it was pretty darned good! I have two more and I am certainly going to experiment with these. I'd like to soak them first and see if I can't get them crispier, and also, they need a much lower temperature than potatoes.

I also made red cabbage, which I love, love, love, but it calls for balsamic vinegar. I usually use about 1/4 c. of balsamic vinegar. So after looking at the labels for the balsamic and my apple cider vinegar, I ended up using almost 1/4 c. of ACV and then I topped it off with the smallest amount of balsamic vinegar. It gave it a great flavor (also 1/4 c. Splenda and 2 T. EVOO for one head of red cabbage, chopped). I am pleased.

I make a waffle with my crispy cereal, and it is my very favorite IP meal. Next favorite is the broccoli cheese soup with roasted broccoli added. Then the Wildberry Yogurt Drink with a handful of spinach, blended for a LONG time. Just in case you all wanted to know.

Sleep tight everyone!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'5

Went a family gathering today and they had lots of tempting food that I could not have, but I stayed strong and kept away from it. My uncle had a lot of vegies from his garden there, so I brought some home with me, way better than what you can get in the store.

Been having lots of dreams about food since I started IP, I wake up glad that it was only a dream and I did not just throw away all the hard work from the last two weeks.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #104  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Busy day in Texas - did my weightlifting, grocery shopping, and hit up the Ann Taylor outlet store! They are having an awesome sale, got 60% off clearance tops, 40% off clearance pants & dress, and 30% off everything else AND I had an extra 30% coupon. I got some seriously sweet deals, I'm thinking of going back tomorrow...tee-hee...then I met up with my cousin for dinner and got the baby down to bed.

I decided to roast a turkey tomorrow - I've had a 13lb bird in the freezer for about 2 months and figured I might as well - kind of a mini-celebration dinner for reaching goal. I'm roasting celeriac, rutabaga, and celery along with it. Hubby is a turkey lover so he stocked up on sandwich fixings for the rest of the week for himself. Anyways, hope y'all have a great night - it's time for sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishak View Post
Just have a second to post but wanted to share! I weighed myself today and I was 151!!! That's just 1 pound until I am at my goal!!!! WOO HOO!!! I can't wait until Thursday for my official weigh in! I'm probably going to stay in phase 1 a little longer, as I think I really want to get to 140-145, but I think this may be the first time in my 43 year life that I set a weight-loss goal and actually stuck to it and reached it!!!! It feels great!!!
That's awesome Trish! We are just crushing this out - PRETTY PLEASE update us with the official WI on Thursday!

Quote:

LOL - uhhhhh - yeah, that coat needs a new replacement! I wish I would have taken those 'after' pictures in my old clothes...that is a really great visual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
And yes, as other posters have said, there is a mental thing about grasping how small one is now. I think buying all these clothes today just put it in my brain. That, and one of the store associates at Ann Taylor looking at me and saying "oh, let's see, you are a small.. here you go" I almost giggled out loud with excitement at her comment.
I still don't really see it in the mirror - the pictures are really the only way I can "see" myself. I was at Ann Taylor today too! I had a few 'I look fat' moments in the dressing room trying on pants, but then had to remember that I was trying on 14 sizes smaller than the last time I was there!

Still not sure about what size I wear in what stores and in what cuts so I brought in the kitchen sink with me to the fitting rooms - but it was very cathartic to realize that I was swimming in Ann Taylor size 4s, so another store confirmation on size 2s along with Old Navy and The Limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
I filled 3-4 shopping bags of pasta, canned goods, yogurt, nuts, cheese, etc and sent it to my parents and sister. They were all very happy! Especially with a huge bag of new quinoa and pita chips LOL.

I sectioned off part of the cabinet just for me: tea bags, stevia, crystal light and the fridge is full of veggies and WF! I made a large bowl of cauliflower rice for the week, and have a large bowl of vegetable/beef stir fry. Two jugs of fresh unsweetened iced tea and diluted crystal light.
THIS IS AWESOME! You are totally setting yourself up for success - just get the temptation away, and stock your house with the good stuff!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-05-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 296/248/175

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Finally it happened!

Don't think I've ever been in Ketosis in my life! Lost 10lbs since Wednesday too! Anyways, probably mostly water weight (but drinking per protocol). And as usual it always seems to come off easy at first.

Feel like the hunger is going away a little bit... Going on the fifth day... Got to go and buy more vegetables today. Broccoli and cauliflower getting old quick. Have to go heavier on the cucumbers and get some hot peppers. Out of lettuce/spring mix but it seems like a chore to eat. Running out of water cooler water faster than ever!
Closed Thread