Old 07-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #1  

Default This momma fell off the bus a bit and needs a pep talk

This weekend was my first weekend on IP and out of my element. We had a wedding this weekend and I did pretty well, aside from the ranch dressing the the salad ( I was stinking starving by the time the food was served) and I did have a bar in place of cake, but ended up having an extra pack each day this weekend. Today my MIL took us out for breakfast and I ordered an egg white omelette with green peppers and mushrooms and said no cheese, our waitress was 9 months pregnant and it was busy and it too forever to get our food so when it came with cheese I scraped as much off as I could get off of it and ate it.

I have felt icky ever since. I am disappointed. On Tuesday I fly to Maine for work and I will be out of my element for three days while I am on this business trip. I am packing a carry on and hope to be able to pack my IP goods, but I am not sure if they are okay for carry on. If anyone knows, please let me know. I hope to be able to keep on plan, but it seems SO hard when you are out of your normal routine. I am discouraged with getting off track this weekend and knowing I will be traveling and having work breakfasts, lunch, dinner, and social hour. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me any points for getting and staying on track over the next few days while I am away. I am worried I am getting too far off and I don't want to mess this up.
mommyskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 339/307/180

Height: 5'7

Please do not feel discouraged. We all make mistakes it is how all got where we are with our weight in the first place but it is how we recover from the slip ups that make us stronger. Just think positive and I hope you have a better week this week.

Btw, you should have no problem packing IP goods in your carry on.
Immabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

I have traveled a lot while on IP - its completely doable if you choose - I have a packet for breakfast (usually chocolate shake mix) and then figure out when I want my live protein depending on who I'm with - I get a salad and eat a bar for the other meal. I'm very specific at restaurants - often getting small steak, or a plain burger - I go to the grocery and get my veggies and I make sure I have a mini-fridge in my hotel room. I have my last packet before bed. I don't bring a lot of variety but I've been 100% OP every time. Just remember you are worth the effort and don't worry about what anyone thinks - do what you need to do to stay OP. good luck!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #4  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Don't feel bad or discourage, always there's a new day, a new fresh start
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

re this weekend, I don't think you were far off track at all. You had an extra packet each day, you had ranch dressing when very hungry and cheese in an omlet which you scraped mostly off.
I don't think any of these will show up on the scale.

The travel will likely be easier as it is work not an occasion like a wedding.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #6  

I love this forum! So supportive and helpful! What about rtd on the carry on? Anyone know?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #7  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyskinny View Post
I love this forum! So supportive and helpful! What about rtd on the carry on? Anyone know?
Absolutely not...same rules as all other liquids...
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/155/140

Height: 5'3"

I travel ALOT on this plan - here is what I generally do.

Pack: 2 shakes and one bar for each day. Ziploc bag of dill pickles for travel day. Bring your shaker and extra packets just in case of a travel delay. Ziploc bags to pack a few pickle spears each day.

Buy when I get there: Jar of pickles, any available precut veggies or salad bar goods, lots of bottled water.

Shake for breakfast, bar for lunch with a spinach salad, a few pickle spears to get in the rest of veggies, shake in the afternoon, then for dinner it varies.

I usually try to time it so I eat my protein bar at the airport right before I get on the plane - that way I avoid all the junk in the area and feel satisfied and not starving when i arrive.

For dinners at restaurants I stick to salads with lean protein, seared tuna, grilled fish, steak, grilled veggies, most steakhouses serve steamed asparagus which is usually a good option. Ive also had fajitas with just the meat, peppers, and then add a green salad with lime juice and salt.

GOOD LUCK!!!! Its all about planning as much as possible in advance. If you have to eat out, look at the menus online beforehand and make decisions before you arrive - and down your water as soon as you get there to be less tempted. Push any bread, chip baskets to the far table away from you. And remember nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!
ChunkyMonkey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

You CAN do this!!! First, think how far you have come already!!! This weekend was not that bad and your yucky feeling was likely a combination of guilt and more fat than you are used to. Eating an extra packet is far better than eating off plan. You can always mix a drink packet (like cranberry or lemonade...) into a bottle of water then have veggies when you get the chance. Celery should also travel well and like was already said, pickles are good. Herbal teas are good (take some tea bags with you). The warmth helps keep you full. Drink as much water as you can and ask for what you need. Most restaurants will be happy to give you what you want. I know it may seem hard, but this really is a simple diet...protein, veggies, a little oil and lots of water. If you are concerned about places not having the right kind of protein for you, take an extra packet with you and just have a salad with oil and lemon juice or vinegar and a side of broccoli (you can even mix and eat your packet later). Focus on work and remember you are doing well and can do this. Don't worry. (and you have my number if you need to call me) Good luck and enjoy your trip.
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #10  

Thank you SO much for the tips and encouragement! It is very much appreciated I know I can do this. Wednesday the company is going to a Sea Dogs game and doing a BBQ so I plan to eat ahead of time and bring some pickle zippers or cheddar ridges and drink lots and lots of water The other days should not be so bad with choices at the restaurants. I fly out in the morning..her goes!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #11  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I've been feeling the same way about never seeming to be able to do a "pure" day and am pretty new too. I thought starting in the summer would be easy, but with all the travel and out of routine stuff I am eating out way too much. I put the travel dressings in my purse now, and took the advice I read earlier and added a pill container with my vitamins, and always have a bar and shake pack in my purse. I was at a ball game and tried to make my shake in a regular water bottle. I ended up making a funnel out of the program so I could get the powder into the skinny bottle top! I had more powder on me than in the bottle I think, but I felt proud for trying,even tho the bottle of water cost almost as much as a beer at the stadium!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote