Old 07-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/** ticker **/170

Height: 5'9

Default snack packet

Hi Friends-

My coach has never mentioned the time I should eat my snack. I have read some of your posts saying it is so important to eat that snack in the evening. Can you recommend a time & why? We usually go to bed by 10 pm.

Also, what do you use for snacks during the daytime? I have a housefull of kiddos. I have been using pickles but boy, the choc puffs sure work in the afternoons for me. Do I really have to wait until pm to have that snack?

Thanks for the input!
Jen
faithgirljen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #2  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jen,
My coach told me that it doesn't matter the time...to judge it by my body and when I get hungrier..afternoon or evening. I usually eat mine in the afternoon and after dinner I eat a couple of sugar free sweet pickles or sugar free jello (allowed per my coach) if I want a snack. The water makes the difference for me. I drink a gallon a day and a bottle of water will usually curb my appetite for about an hour, and then I just drink more water!! LOL

Bottom line, eat the snack when your body tells you...as long you eat 3 IP packs a day, it's up to you when you do it!
Hope it's a good Saturday!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #3  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Agree with Chile...I have my snack between lunch & dinner, that works best for my schedule. I eat breakfast@8am, lunch@12pm, snack@4pm, [email protected] cups of hot herbal tea at 10pm before I go to bed helps sooth my old snacking urge.

Last edited by LizRR; 07-28-2012 at 08:15 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I do the same as both Liz and Chile. I usually have my snack after dinner, when I am having a pudding craving (butterscotch, yum). But on my work days I find that I need to have it between lunch and dinner to carry me through without being super hungry. My coach initially told me to make sure that I had my snack after dinner to give my body something to work on overnight when I sleep. But later when I talked to her about my schedule, she said it really didn't matter if it was "snack" or my dinner protein, as long as I ate something in the evening to give my body something to do. I have to go to bed early on work nights and I read somewhere that you really shouldn't eat past 8-9pm when going to sleep soon thereafter.

So I think it's a personal choice as long as you get all of the required meals in during the day, without spacing them out too long as to make yourself hungry and have something that you don't need or shoudn't have.
sprite613 is offline   Reply With Quote