Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Default Adventurous IP packet choices

I decided to be adventuresome and try some new packets so I tried the maple oatmeal and soy patty - both were unsatisfactory - I think I'm sticking with what I know and enjoy from now on. Do most of you get the same favorites or do you vary what you get?
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #2  
Restarted IP 3/19/12

S/C/G: HW257 230/202.8/125

Height: 5'2

HI Drakegirl,

I have a few favorites that always have sometimes I try new ones but it seems like they are never better then my standbys. I love the cappuccino, the crispy cereal and the orange juice I like most the soups.
Pookiepotpie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #3  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I found that over time my taste changes. I'll get the same things for a while, and when I get bored I switch it up to things I haven't tried or not had in a while. I used to HATE all the soups, now they're some of my favorites. I also used to avoid the bars because I always wanted another after I had one. Now I can eat just one and be satisfied, so I get a lot of them. My goal is to avoid boredom, and it would be a shame not to take advantage of the huge variety of foods. Enjoy whatever you choose.
Beanie Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/161.9/160

Height: 5' 8"

I liked all the drinks, especially the wildberry yogurt, and I actually didn't mind the oatmeal if I added cinnamon and kept the water to a minumum so it was thicker. I basically stuck with the yogurt drink, puddings made into drinks and the soy nuts. Liked the bars for my snack at night, but only had two/week. I should look for some things I haven't tried yet, but am looking at alternatives to keep costs down - this diet was great for my husband and I, but it was very costly. We felt it was worth it for our health, and committed ourselves fully. Now that we're maintaining, time to check out the alternatives.
fredlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I used alot of the same things, soups and bars, some puddings, but every week I tried to make a new recipe, or try one new packet. I didn't like the crispy cereal on it's own, but made into a crepe, it was incredible. Same with the oatmeal. So then, I started ordering even more different things and experimenting with combining them, just to keep it interesting. The soy patty is not bad if you make it into a chili, and it is non-restricted, unlike the IP chili.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm following gluten free so the only 3 I get are chocolate pudding, cream of brocolli, and mango. I freeze the last chocolate pudding of the night and I feel like I'm indulging with frozen yogurt!
lowrider04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

I have tried all the packets and most I do not like. I have become very boring with my choices, most of the time I have RM chocolate drink, caramel nut bar and chocolate pudding. I do however like to have the wild berry drink and cappuccino drink to switch things up sometimes. I also like to make crispy cereal pancakes on the weekends.
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #8  

I think for me in this initial phase I stick with the same ones-cappacino,broccoli soup and vanilla pudding because it is easy and I don't have to think about it.
sabredawn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I had he same ones and loved them. They were chocolate drink, cappuccino drink and double chocolate bar.

When I began and paid my $350 initial fee it included 21 packets (one week of food). Well the clinic gave me a variety of items. I was reluctant and said I didn't want all of the variety and the (mean) coach said I should try some...so I did. I ended up having allergic reactions to a couple of soups and headed right back in to trade the remaining packets for packets I knew I would like. The head coach (the mean one's boss) was concerned I would get bored with them and hence the program that she offered my money back and said I could stop the program. I was like "No, I always only wanted to keep it simple I know I like the cappucino and chocolate drinks and that's all I want"...Gee it should not have been that hard!!! Fortunately I stuck with the program (honestly I never thought of quitting...I loved my three choices! Now I'm in P3 and buying alternatives. I still miss my three choices!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #10  
Restarted IP 3/19/12

S/C/G: HW257 230/202.8/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I used alot of the same things, soups and bars, some puddings, but every week I tried to make a new recipe, or try one new packet. I didn't like the crispy cereal on it's own, but made into a crepe, it was incredible. Same with the oatmeal. So then, I started ordering even more different things and experimenting with combining them, just to keep it interesting. The soy patty is not bad if you make it into a chili, and it is non-restricted, unlike the IP chili.
Good Morning Sewmam- could you share your recipe for chili with soy patty I love chili but like to save my restriced for a bar or IP chips at night
Pookiepotpie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 179/142/144

Height: 5'5"

Default meal suggestions

I've found that most of the soups are much better if you add your veggies to them. It makes it much easier for me to prepare and take to work. Just some examples; I saute sliced mushrooms & zucchini and add to the mushroom soup, Steamed spinach to the Tomato Basil soup and saute leeks or spring onions and celery and add to the Leek soup. I've also added steamed broccoli or cauliflower to the Chicken soup. It makes things more interesting. I like being able to have some variety in what I eat. It keeps me 100% OP.
JmgInMd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/170/120/

Height: 5'

You didn't like the oatmeal?? wow that's one of my favorite!! Mmmm *smiles while thinking of oatmeal* LOL.

I don't have it that often though, I have to admit I'm absolutely addicted to the Vanilla pre-made shakes (They sure don't taste the same when I make them myself! Yuk!) I bought 10 cases of shakes because I find that's my Major GO TO. Buuut I like the Pink Lemonade, and the cran-granta or whatever its called. I def am more for the drinks than anything else though. There's plenty of foods I haven't tried yet. Just because I have a cupboard full of stuff I love - hahaha. I tried the soups a loong time ago as a tester when the protocol first came to town here, and I didn't like them so now that I'm on the diet I have to admit I haven't even bought any. Lots of the foods are great though, there hasn't been anything I've tried lately that I haven't liked. But I just absolutely love that vanilla shake! When its super cold and you shake it real good first - I swear it tastes like melted ice cream to me. Mmmmmmm. Heaven. hahahaha.
SammyGirl2414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 390/312/220

Height: 6'

I would suggest playing with the Plain Crepe mix. I have made pizza crust out of it. (My coach allows me to use veggie cheese) I have made hamburger buns out of it. I've made noodles out of it (they were good but I don't have a noodle making machine so they were a little too thick) I have used it for a breading for making chicken piccata. I plan to make dumplings out of it this weekend. I even was a little bad once or twice and made fried chicken breast strips and fried okra using the crepe mix (this is a no-no but it didn't effect my weight loss and was sooo very good!) for me it has become a staple!
Thurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #14  
Starting WB 2/11/13

S/C/G: 266.2/201.8/160

Height: 5'4

I didn't like any of the packets. I bought the same two every week. The chocolate drink and caramel nut bar. Wouldn't eat anything else....
lindsayk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209.6/158/140

Height: 5 foot 6

my clinic usually has some samples out of some of the restricted items as they are easy to try, i would have never thought that the apple cinnamon puffs were good till i tried one last week and i loved them! If i would have known about those on easter watching my husband eat his slice of apple pie wouldn't have been soooo hard!

my clinic is great with the fact u can mix and max any of the pouches and at any time if you change your mind with any of them you can bring the unopened packages back and pick something else!
lynzenbocker is offline   Reply With Quote