Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #1  
Doc

Default IP on my own?

hi all!
My husband just started on IP about 2 weeks ago and he has been successful. this sounds great to me! I'd like to do the same to lose about 15-20; however, I don't live in the same area as my husband right now (job related) and I can't get to his provider. I checked the IP site and I do not have a provider anywhere near me.

So...my question is: can I do this program by following guidelines I find on the net and the Edge shakes I saw at Walmart? I know people who have followed weight watchers, SB etc without going to programs with an online group.

If this is possible, what are you suggestions?
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #2  

Yes you can. I am about to start my own ip on my own. This forum has a lot of great and very helpful info. Go look at the threads on the alternatives, they have products you can use and website you can order stuff through.

I very excited to start as I've seen people have amazing results on the alternative program.

Good luck to you!!

Last edited by WhoDat730; 07-24-2012 at 07:48 AM.
WhoDat730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #3  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

I do the IP diet on my own, and I use alternative products. You can see my weight loss below my name. If I need a coach, the people here are more informed, helpful, and more caring then most any coach out there!
You will be fine here!
Welcome and good luck!
Jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #4  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

What's up Doc? Sorry, I couldn't help myself You can do anything you like when you're at this point. You can do Ideal Protein, "actual" Ideal Protein online through IdealToGo.com, or you can do alternatives. Personally I'm on alternatives and I am doing a bit of a hybrid between this and atkins, but it's working for me. 13 weeks and 31 pounds taught me that I don't NEED to spend a ton of money to lose weight, or even go to a support group. That gives me a great sense of independence.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #5  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

HI Kaypix. Can you post a sample of your day and what products you use?
I am interested in the alternatives as well.
Thx.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #6  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

THis is exactly what I need!! I actually follow more of a Paleo/low carb hybrid myself right how. Myfitnesspal has been a lifesaver in calculating my carbs and helping me stay on track. I personally use Sunwarrior Protein powder with ice, pure via (stevia), a little PB, and I have a little fruit! Yes, Fruit! As long as I'm under the 45/50g of carbs. Yet, I'm looking for more options that are also sugar-free/gluten free.
foxxybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #7  
Doc

Sweet!!
This is great! i'll have to get one of those weight/time lines set up and print out A LOT of papers to read!
Thanks to all of you!

I'll have to get more familiar with this site, too!
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote