Old 07-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 339/307/180

Height: 5'7

Default A tad disappointed but still hopefull

Ok so week one I lost 12.5lbs and I go to weigh in tonight but something today told me to weigh myself at home this afternoon so I just did and the number on my scale is the same as my last weigh in. I stuck completely to diet 100% except for one day I was so busy I skipped both breakfast and lunch. Could one day really screw up an entire week of good eating? Or I am just hoping that maybe my scale and their scale are different numbers. Not sure but I am a tad disappointed.
Immabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230lbs/161lbs/125lbs

Height: 5'2"

i think the #1 thing i learned while being on this diet is to not be a slave to your scale. you will have your good weeks and bad weeks some weeks where you lose nothing at all, i just spoke with my coach about this issue and she said sometimes the body wont lose any weight 1~2 weeks then it'll start working again. maybe try switching up your vegetables also, don't look at this as a short time over night fix kind of thing, you're in it for the long run so stick to it!

Last edited by emcmc; 07-23-2012 at 03:00 PM.
emcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #3  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immabe View Post
Ok so week one I lost 12.5lbs and I go to weigh in tonight but something today told me to weigh myself at home this afternoon so I just did and the number on my scale is the same as my last weigh in. I stuck completely to diet 100% except for one day I was so busy I skipped both breakfast and lunch. Could one day really screw up an entire week of good eating? Or I am just hoping that maybe my scale and their scale are different numbers. Not sure but I am a tad disappointed.
I was the same way, but on my week 3. My first week I lost 12, second week I lost 6 and the 3rd week I was on here fussing b/c it looked like my scale didnt move at all. When I went to the clinic to get weighed I was down 4 lbs.
So please dont go by your scale. I am a scale addict and its really hard when you see it not moving.

Good luck to you!
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immabe View Post
Hi there. I am fairly new to IP myself. You don't say if you checked our weight on both your home scale and your WI scale before the first WI. Did you? Maybe there is a variation between the two scales. Also, I've had up and down weeks too. Here's my WI history: wk1 -11, wk2 -4, wk3 -0.5, wk4 -3.8, wk5 +1.6, wk6 -7.6. Notice the weird losses (and gains) starting wk3? Bottom line though is that I am down a total of 25 and that is typical of people on IP. Now, keep in mind that I have more than 85 lbs to go so I might lose more on some weeks than you but you should still see significant loss if you look at the losses in total and don't worry so much about week to week. The key is to stay with it. Don't cheat! And be sure to eat at least every 4-5 hours and don't miss meals because you won't lose weight if you don't eat enough food. Our bodies are pretty smart and if yours thinks you are possibly starving it, it will slow your metabolism down to save you. My counselor told me to never miss the snack at night and eat it within 1 hour of going to bed. (I wasn't always eating the snack if it was late.) I find that if I eat every 4-4-1/2 hours, eat my restricted meal early -- say before 4 pm and at snack time do a lower calorie drink, use the salt and olive oil -- well it works for me. Oh yeah and many days because I am up from 5 am to 10 pm I wind up having 4 packets a day rather than 3. Don't get discouraged! You can do it!
SkimmerRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone for their responses. Yes, I am looking at this long term and know this is a lifestyle change for me an not just a diet. I have never weighed at home thus far on IP so maybe my scale is off but either way I am doing what I know is my best so I hope if this is a bad scale week it doesnt hinder me from continued success.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #6  

Ok, so I am NEVER weighing myself on my own scale again, lol

I went this evening and I am down another 4.5 lb so I have lost a total of 17lbs in 2 weeks as well as an overall 13 inches
Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #7  

Congrats!! I also learned the hard way to stay off my scale!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Congrats!! I also learned the hard way to stay off my scale!
My scale is the
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #9  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Glad it worked out for you!
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230lbs/161lbs/125lbs

Height: 5'2"

haha sounds familiar i did the same thing a couple of times, gained some weight or didn't lose but ended up dropping almost double the next week. chin up!! stay on the plan IT WORKS!
emcmc is offline   Reply With Quote