Omelette? - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 08-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #16  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmingitdown View Post
I am having trouble with my IP omelet tasting like a sponge. I've increased the water, but it still hasn't been too successful. It seems like a great way to have a filling breakfast, I just am not sure what I am doing wrong!
I use the exact amount of water- DON'T overshake!!! If it gets foamy, then it does kinda "sponge" up some!! I put jalapeno's, sea salt, pepper, a little onion and garlic powder, and it comes out great! Also, I put hot sauce on mine when I eat it. But then again, I collect and blog about hotsauce, so I put it on everything, and have over 100 to pick from!!! LOLOL

Hope this helped a little
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im escaping View Post
Has anyone cooked their IP omelet the night before and then just reheated it in the microwave? Just wondering how any of the packets work when they are reheated...or if they end up nasty?? Thanks
I haven't tried the night before but I do make it before work. I have an hour drive to work and I make my omlet like scrambled eggs, with added spinach, and put it in a plastic container. When I get to work I heat it up in the microwave and it tastes just fine. Same texture and taste as when I do it on the stove. I'm not sure how it would refrigerate, but I might try that too to save a little time in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes
sprite613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/183/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmingitdown View Post
I am having trouble with my IP omelet tasting like a sponge. I've increased the water, but it still hasn't been too successful. It seems like a great way to have a filling breakfast, I just am not sure what I am doing wrong!

I also don't really do it as an omelet... I saute veggies in the skillet then pour the mix over them and scramble them up. Comes out very tender and yummy. I also stop cooking them when they still look a little moist so they don't overcook. Hope that helps!
Pilgrimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/178/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Wow! Cool!

I love to make my omelet with rhubarb. Cook the rhubarb first with a little stevia, and cinnamon, and add the omlett mix and cook up. I love it!

Use some Pam or some EEVO to cook the rhubarb, and the mix won't stick as much.
Thank you for this omelet idea with rhubarb, I've used rhubarb as a "fruit" topping on my "cereal" pancakes ... can't wait to try rhubarb in my omelet!
SandyDunes is offline   Reply With Quote