Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 243/231/170

Height: 5'6''

Hey guys! new to this forum. I started IP this April and lost 8 pounds right away then got down to 14 lbs. Anyway, I was able to do a bit of cheating and still lose weight. My coach was selling individual packets so that we could taste a bit of everything without being commited to a whoe box. Now however he is only selling boxes. So now I have all these packets of stuff that I really dont like such as the soups, and puddings. What really worked for me were the drinks like the chocolate drink and the yogurt. I would have one in the morning, one for lunch and then a low carb dinner. I really did well doing this. So i want to finish up these soups (but they just taste so yucky) so I can go and buy more of the stuff i do like. I even tried to buy a chocolate protein shake supplement at Vitamin World with the same calories, Fat and protein as IP but it doesnt satisfy me. I would love to find something that tastes and satifies me like Ideal protein. Any suggestions?

Last edited by sabrosura98; 07-08-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrosura98 View Post
I would love to find something that tastes and satifies me like Ideal protein. Any suggestions?
I think the soups are good when you add veggies. By themselves, I find them lacking.

The pudding, it's OK, but not for me.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #138  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I think when you get closer to a normal weight people get nervous that you are going to go overboard and develop an eating disorder...When I was leaving one person said she was speaking for everyone and they were concerned about how much weight I was losing and wanted to ask me not to lose more. This is the same thing my family said when I was back east at the beginning of the month. I told them I was maintaining and let it go at that.

Sorry for the long post. The topic of other people being so concerned with what one eats never seems to go away and made me think of my experience this week.

Pat
Pat, thanks for your post. Also NewPath and others who posted about family and friends being "concerned" when we get close to goal. I can't speak from experience YET, but I do have friends and family questioning the strictness of this diet. I really don't want the diet to become the topic of conversation at social gatherings. This happened on July 4th when I attended a BBQ. The first thing someone said (in a loud voice) to a few others was "she's doing that diet that x (another mutual friend) did." This prompted the others to ask me about it. I was mildly annoyed and really did not want my diet to become the topic of conversation. I don't know. I'll talk about it to friends in private - or to my family, but I don't want that to be the topic at a social gathering.

And this is after only losing about 15 pounds. Wait until I get to 50 or 60 pounds!

Sigh. Ah, well

But I feel great that I'm taking charge and doing this! And Pat, NewPath, and Locopollo, I love your responses!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good morning everyone. I had a great day with my Mom and sister yesterday. We had a bunch of friends over for the UFC fights last night. Tons of food and drinks. I am just not tempted anymore and that feels SO good. 3 boxes of Papa Johns pizza, and none of it looked appealing. (Pizza is one of my favorite foods) I never thought I would say that!!!! Talk about a life change!!! I also had one guy tell me I don't even look like the same person and that I looked tiny. Wow, that made me feel great

Have a great IP day. I know I will
Be sure you have a non sugar based saline solution for your IV, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I tend to eat my IP dinner at home before I go so I'm not too hungry and just get green salad at a restaurant and use my own WF dressing. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
I had this problem, initially, at work. My lunch, every day, became everyone's business. Then, when my weight loss started to show, that became the subject of criticism. Finally, I just sat every one down and said that I need support, not opinions. If I wanted opinions, I would ask. I then told them all that I appreciate that they care, but that no one cares more about my body and health than me and my coach. After that, I heard nothing but positive compliments.
Great answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Good morning fellow IPers!

I'm having a really tough time these last couple of days... I love how I look with my new clothes on and all that. I love dropping pants size. The issue is looking at myself naked... I can see some extra skin, and I still feel fat because there is nothing to hold or hide that skin. And obviously I still have too much fat in the areas that I wanted to lose (belly, hips and thighs). I've considered revising my goal to 10 or 15 lbs lower than I originally planned but I don't even know if that would make me feel better at all. The point of this diet was to feel better both clothed and naked, but while at first I was ecstatic, I am now not feeling much better about myself than I did 35 lbs ago.

I'm not sure I was properly able to express how I feel but it's probably close enough. I wonder if anyone else feels/has felt like me and how you managed to get over it... I'm not talking about quitting by the way, not planning on that at all, just feeling a little down and not sure how to encourage myself to feel better with no clothes on.

On a more positive note, I wish everyone a great OP day
Wuv said it best (we love Wuv!). Consider adding more collagen to your diet (IP offers gelatin) and maybe one of the skin tightening creams from the drugstore (Jergens, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi naysha,

Chloe said a lot of what I would have said. I just want you to know that I spent my first 3 months totally on IP, but for a variety of reasons, one cost, I decided to go to all alternatives. That was three months ago. I have not had a slow down in weight loss. The difference is you have to pay more attention to ingredients and nutrition when selecting alternative items. IP allows you to not have to think about those. I just want you to know it can be done.

As Chloe said, read the alternative threads. There are lots of us who post our alternative unique issues and situations. We try to keep those separate to allow most of this forum to be what it's designed for, Ideal Protein users.

PM me any time with questions.

I'm glad to be back on the forum. This time at the cottage, being summer, and waaaaay too hot to be in the cottage much except to sleep, I did not get online to read most all week, especially being on dial-up (except our car chasing trip when my step son drove and I was in the back with the netbook). I've missed everyone and their information and words of wisom and love.

I can tell the whoosh fairy was in northern Michigan as I'm having trouble keeping my jeans up today (the others are packed on the bottom of the stuff all piled behind the seats in the truck.) These are stretch and have fit very well. Not now. I'm glad, as my body has been on some loss hiatus for several weeks. I have not weighted since June 23, so I will be anxious to see where I am at my WI on this coming Saturday.

Still have another250+ miles to home, then back to work tomorrow. Ugh. I am sooooo ready to retire and go to the cottage permanently. Wish we could easily organize the 17 years of stuff at home now.

Have a great Sunday and stay OP.

Molly
Molly,
Great news re the jeans!! Glad you had a good trip. Drive safely and looking forward to your WI!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #140  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon all...

Well...as of tommorow.. i will have finished week 5 of being OP ...this is the longest ive gone and im proud of myself for sticking with it...Life sure has become easier since getting through the first weeks i tell ya...Its like you can walk in a grocery store or walk into a restraunt and not even be tempted anymore...you just plan and plan and plan and have a routine and not worry about all the other stuff other people are doing and it works just peachy! The only thing i wish was that my clothes fit better...Even after 5 weeks, i still dont see a change in my clothes sizes..they all still feel the same..except my bra..thats the only thing..im losing my girls! Im hoping that my pants sizes will go down soon!!

I have my mom and dad coming up to visit in Hardy for my DDs 2nd birthday this week...it should be interesting..I told them that the only one getting a cupcake is my dd...Everyone else can help themselves to veggies and fruit salad...I of course will stick to veggies and have some sugar free jello if i feel like i so desire it...It will be interesting to see what my parents think of my weight loss and weather or not they see a difference. I hear that we cant always see it but others who havent seen you in awhile can..so we shall see if they notice a change or not..that will be the true test.. Anywho

Everyone have a fun filled good day!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #141  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

I think if I cheated it'd be having too many choco soy puffs... not with pizza. They are awesome!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #142  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey all, just checking in. I'm off to look up a "Meatsa" (pizza out of meat) recipe my mom told me about. It uses cheese, but as I'm kind of doing my "own" thing I'm not going to beat myself up over it. 4g of fat and 1g of carb for 1/4" cup of the shredded cheese I'm using, not too bad IMO. If the recipe is good I'll post it for those phase 4 folks
Old 07-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #143  
Feb 2012

S/C/G: 300/248/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi IPers. Has anyone gone through all the recipes and mane like a table of contents/List of which recipes are on which page of each group? Also is there a special place for the fun with the packets section? I have seen those recipes on the daily chat, but if there is one section where they are featured that would be helpful.
Hot here as usual. Its time for the beach.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #144  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by athebeach View Post
Hi IPers. Has anyone gone through all the recipes and mane like a table of contents/List of which recipes are on which page of each group? Also is there a special place for the fun with the packets section? I have seen those recipes on the daily chat, but if there is one section where they are featured that would be helpful.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...n-packets.html
Old 07-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #145  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by athebeach View Post
Kaypix is working on a recipe book with all the recipes from the forum and then some. I know that will be some undertaking. I have selected my own favorites and added them to a Word doc and used the table of contents feature and headings to organize them. I can find things really quickly, but they are to my specific tastes (rather picky). I will post some when someone asks about a specific ingredient.

Thanks, Wuv, for adding the link for the fun with packets.

Molly
Old 07-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post

When I caught myself cruising..I realized I still go to food when I am sad (I was at my mom's condo..she is 90 and recently placed in a nursing home..she may not be able to return home). When will I ever learn a new way to cope with these feelings? I am such an emotional eater. At 57..it would be soooo wonderful to bury this behavior once and for all.
Wow. Recognizing that is a big step toward a change in behavior. If/when it happens again, replace it with something more positive. I knit, so that is what I have replaced it with. So taking a bath, reading a book, doing a craft or hobbie...any of those would be super, if they are relaxing to you. Once you get good at replacing it, reward yourself. Nothing big, but something nice, like a pair of earrings or new shoes (my favorite)
Old 07-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #147  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Good morning fellow IPers!

I'm having a really tough time these last couple of days... I love how I look with my new clothes on and all that. I love dropping pants size. The issue is looking at myself naked... I can see some extra skin, and I still feel fat because there is nothing to hold or hide that skin. And obviously I still have too much fat in the areas that I wanted to lose (belly, hips and thighs). I've considered revising my goal to 10 or 15 lbs lower than I originally planned but I don't even know if that would make me feel better at all. The point of this diet was to feel better both clothed and naked, but while at first I was ecstatic, I am now not feeling much better about myself than I did 35 lbs ago.

I'm not sure I was properly able to express how I feel but it's probably close enough. I wonder if anyone else feels/has felt like me and how you managed to get over it... I'm not talking about quitting by the way, not planning on that at all, just feeling a little down and not sure how to encourage myself to feel better with no clothes on.

On a more positive note, I wish everyone a great OP day
As I told a friend, "I look at my loose skin as a badge of honor." I would rather have loose skin and be a heck of a lot thinner any day than not and be putting my health in danger everyday." I put a powder collagen (Great Lakes) in my pudding and RTD twice per day and I lift weights 3x per week. Will my stomach and thighs ever look normal? Who knows, but I do know it can take up to 2 years after losing the weight, and lifting to see what you are really left with. In the meantime, celebrate how far you have come, work out, and keep on keeping on.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan240 View Post
I am going out to the movies tonight with some friends... I'm terrified that the popcorn will get me and that I'll cheat. Any suggestions? I've been 100% OP so far, and I'd hate to break it!
The popcorn cannot get you. You can only get it. So just don't.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I went to the movies yesterday for the first time on IP. I actually went to 2 movies. The first one was right after lunch. Thankfully, the movie was really good and I was full so I ignored the popcorn smell and drank my water. The second movie was at 5 PM and I brought my SW cheese puffs and a bottle of cold water. They are so spicy and good that I was fine. Enjoyed the popcorn smell vicariously.

I can understand that. I'm usually hungry for dinner, but it's hard to finish it all sometimes. I get full much easier, but I know we're supposed to eat ALL the meat and veggies, so I find myself forcing myself to eat it. Very, very strange feeling for me.

Im glad its not just me. I had to force myself to eat lunch today. Very strange for me.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all having a great weekend. Lots going on in IP land. I just finished packing for our trip to Blacksburg, VA for my son's freshman orientation at Virginia Tech. I'm so excited for him.

I have my IP bag packed, bought a case of water and paid for me and hubby to eat in the cafeteria too. I know the salad bar will be great for me.

I will be missing my weigh in this week, but will do my own spot check before we leave. Today i saw a glimpse of the 140's! OK - it was 149.8, i had already pee'd twice and I was naked..but still - I SAW THAT NUMBER START WITH 14! keeps me motivated ya know?

Good luck with WI's, surgery, road trips, BBQ's, clueless co workers and upcoming parties!
and as always, thanks for being here.
Renee
Closed Thread