Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #106  
Started IP 5/17/12

S/C/G: 196 Started [email protected]/156.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Hi All,
Its been a while since I posted but I have been lurking when I get the chance. Weight loss has tremendously slowed down for me (been having "C" issues). My coach recommended Miralax which I picked up yesterday so hope that helps.I also notice that walking on the treadmill helps with the "C". I've been in a rut lately wanting to go out for once and eat like normal folks. I get sick of having to think what would be IP approved on the menu. I know that since I havent been on the boards that much I have missed my daily dose of motivation. To me when I first started I was so focused and now its like I cant wait until I complete P1 and get to try something different. Friday I went to the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans and they had a bunch of crap for food choices. I ended up with the buffalo chicken nuggets which was disgusting. It wasnt even worth eating. Needless to say I didn't peel the skin off cause that would have been an art in itself.

However, I do have a NSV to share: I was tired of going to the expensive "Lane Bryant" store and trying to create an outfit. Well I marched to JCPenny and found 2 pair of denim capris, size 16, go me. Plus the amount I paid for 2 pair was less than what I would have paid at Lane Bryant for 1 pair. They get on my nerves thinking all big women have to go there so they jack up their prices. Oh and today the capris are getting roomy so hopefully I will need a sz 14 soon. Other than that I am hanging in there.

My other issue: I will have to switch to alternatives in August because I will have exhausted my IP budget. I am a little frustrated because I feel I should have lost more weight using the real "IP" products so I am in fear what will happen when I make the switch. I dont know if anyone has had to switch on here but I was thinking I need to get a jump start on researching which products are comparable nutrition wise before that time comes.

Good luck to everyone and I will try to make an effort to at least read some of the posts daily.
Congratulations on going down in size!!
Old 07-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

DianaB: thx for the reply, really appreciate it. I must keep telling myself that I can have those things at a later date in moderation but not now. Thx again & good luck to u & your daughter.

Ticiabean: Charlie Wilson sent us all home with a bang. I wanted to go back tonight but had to talk myself out of it. Well time for us to be strong & get back in the saddle. I did have a lot of energy & danced a lot which I wouldn't have had that much energy b4 IP. Good luck to u!

GGee: Thx girl I'm going to hang in there cauz I do see the progress. U know how we have our moments being hormonal & all.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
You sound like you did a great job! Only one pound away. AWESOME!!
Thank you, it has been trying that's for sure. I just had to have something more substantial in my tummy for a while!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #109  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning. Going out to breakfast with the kids then to the pool. Need to mow the lawn and fit in a trip to seem Spider Man later today. Having surgery on my left wrist tomorrow. Did the right wrist in March! Carpal Tunnel.

Last edited by usmcvet; 07-08-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #110  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. Going out to breakfast with the kids then to the pool. Need to mow the lawn and fit in a trip to seem Spider Man later today. Having surgery on my left wrist tomorrow. Did the right wrist in March! Carpal Tunnel.
My dad just had that surgery in both his hands last year (one at a time too...since you need a wiping hand, as he told me). He is pain free...at least in his hands! Have a great Sunday and quick recovery!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #111  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
My dad just had that surgery in both his hands last year (one at a time too...since you need a wiping hand, as he told me). He is pain free...at least in his hands! Have a great Sunday and quick recovery!
I've needed it for ten years but just got sick of it this year. I was also scared off when my doctor said to do both at once. Wen he left I spoke to his PA and said how will I wipe my a*s! He said to only do one at a time.

SOOOO I am a left handed wiper, I have torn my right rotator cuff twice and I just don't have the reach! I bought a Comfort Reach to help me out!

Last edited by usmcvet; 07-08-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #112  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Has anyone seen that darn whoosh fairy??? I haven't seen her in dayssssssss.....
Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #113  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Has anyone seen that darn whoosh fairy??? I haven't seen her in dayssssssss.....
I am sure she is floating around somewhere maybe she will find you before your WI. Your pattern seems to be really good 5lbs then 2lbs a week those are some pretty awesome WI's for sure. Don't be disappointed if your weightloss decreases, you will have those weeks so you just need to remember keep your eye on the prize
Old 07-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I've needed it for ten years but just got sick of it this year. I was also scared off when my doctor said to do both at once. Wen he left I spoke to his PA and said how will I wipe my a*s! He said to only do one at a time.

SOOOO I am a left handed wiper, I have torn my right rotator cuff twice and I just don't have the reach! I bought a Comfort Reach to help me out!
USMCVET

I think I just peed myself reading your post!!!!! You crack me right up!!!!!!

From now on I will use JPMP..that is the abbreviation!!!!

Last edited by NewPath; 07-08-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #115  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan240 View Post
I am going out to the movies tonight with some friends... I'm terrified that the popcorn will get me and that I'll cheat. Any suggestions? I've been 100% OP so far, and I'd hate to break it!
I went to the movies yesterday for the first time on IP. I actually went to 2 movies. The first one was right after lunch. Thankfully, the movie was really good and I was full so I ignored the popcorn smell and drank my water. The second movie was at 5 PM and I brought my SW cheese puffs and a bottle of cold water. They are so spicy and good that I was fine. Enjoyed the popcorn smell vicariously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
I had a weird experience at dinner. It has been YEARS since I've had to force myself to eat. But I definitely had to force it down tonight. There wasn't anything wrong with the food, but I was not interested at all. Anyone had that happen?
I can understand that. I'm usually hungry for dinner, but it's hard to finish it all sometimes. I get full much easier, but I know we're supposed to eat ALL the meat and veggies, so I find myself forcing myself to eat it. Very, very strange feeling for me.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Thank you very much!

Someone on here (sorry I forget who) mentioned that the Genghis Grill is a good choice for an IP dinner too. I know there is one at West Gate not too far down from Central Market. It's now on my list too.

Have a great time in New Orleans. We are stopping in Galveston for a couple of beach days in early August and then driving to New Orleans for about 4 days ourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
It was me!!! Went there again this evening!! So easy to eat at! Hubby loves it!!

Sassy
I just absolutely LOVE Genghis. I started eating there a year or so ago when I'd visit my BF in Dallas. I haven't been since I started the diet because the sauces scared me off, but I'm thinking I may have that for lunch today If not I'll def have it one night for dinner before I leave town. Thanks for reminding me!

Dana - thank you and enjoy your trip as well!! This will be my first time in N.O. as an adult (I was 14 last time) so I'm excited to experience it on a different level. Have fun in Galveston also! I hear it's relaxing.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 206/197/140

Height: 5'3"

Default good morning!

I just can't tell you all how motivating it is to read your progress! This is the first diet of pretty much every diet out there that I haven't cheated at all! Today is day 6 for me and I'm so excited for weigh in tomorrow. According to my scale at home I've been losing a pound a day! This is so incredible!!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwethern View Post
I just can't tell you all how motivating it is to read your progress! This is the first diet of pretty much every diet out there that I haven't cheated at all! Today is day 6 for me and I'm so excited for weigh in tomorrow. According to my scale at home I've been losing a pound a day! This is so incredible!!
You go girl!!!! IP is fast and furious. INCREDULOUS!!!!! Enjoy every bit of the journey. If you get stuck, or need advice, come right here. There are sooooo many IPeeps who will help you out! Most everything I have learned, I have learned here. WELCOME!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Have a blessed day everyone! On my way to church!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

So I don't know if my scale is lying to me or not but I weighed myself yesterday and it was 199lbs and this morning it said 190lbs! How is that possible????
Closed Thread