Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey guys, man did I miss you all this weekend! I felt like I was just washing in a sea of temptation and then dang near drowning! I did as good as possible, my "extras" being either protein (bacon, egg, ham) or Atkins bar type things (normal for me to have). My loss for this week was only 0.4 So I'm pretty bummed about that, and I tracked my loss on a daily basis until Friday morning, basically it's been bouncing between 0.4 and 0.8 lb loss the whole week, so I could either be happy my weekend didn't screw up what little loss I had, or bummed that I might be fast approaching a plateau. I'm going to be diligent this week tracking what I'm eating and drinking, as well as what I'm weighing. If next week has a loss of less than half a pound I might need to do boot camp for a few days. I don't know now if I can get to my 160 mark by August 5th (Sturgis Rally) and therefor not be in the size 10 pants I really wanted to fit into.

I'm just really in a funk, and I think it's because of feeling guilty for this weekend and seeing the scale move so little. If I didn't have a digital scale I wouldn't have seen a loss at all. That's just depressing!

I'm going to research my cruise some more, hope that cheers me up. Days like this I wonder if I'll ever get below 160 lbs again, no matter how long I diet, and that's what I want to avoid. I know if I get too discouraged I'll give up, so I need SOMETHING to keep me pushing past this plateau, if that's what it is.
I am a newbie here but can you tell me what bootcamp is? I have seen a lot of people refer to it but I am not quite sure what it is...Thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 280/269/135

Height: 5'3

had a busy weekend, missed logging on here. Just love seeing all the support. on phase 3 this week because of going to a conference next week. Not liking the feeling so much. Feels like to much food!
Glad everyone is doing good! and having lots of nsv's! those are the bests!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #63  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Uh-oh! Newbie mistake! I just made some peppers in olive oil and threw a handful of diced onions in the pan. I gobbled my whole plate up (it was deeeeelicious) and then remembered about the onions needing to be raw!!! Yikes! Have you ever done this before....does it throw everything off? Should I go drink a ton of water....Help!!
I did that the other day, except I had the frozen pepper stir fry, which contained onions. I ate about half of it before realizing. I freaked out and texted my coach. She said it probably didnt affect me to much but just to stay on track the rest of the week for sure. HTH

Aimee
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Uh-oh! Newbie mistake! I just made some peppers in olive oil and threw a handful of diced onions in the pan. I gobbled my whole plate up (it was deeeeelicious) and then remembered about the onions needing to be raw!!! Yikes! Have you ever done this before....does it throw everything off? Should I go drink a ton of water....Help!!
One other thing not to do (according to my coach) is to cook with olive oil. Something happens to it when it heats up that isn't good.....yes, I know, I'm so scientific!!

Where in WI are you?? I'm in Appleton. I also noticed that you and I have almost the exact stats - I started at 219 and am 5'10". You're going to love this diet!!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning!

Good morning all!

Just want to wish everyone an awesome OP day!!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
One other thing not to do (according to my coach) is to cook with olive oil. Something happens to it when it heats up that isn't good.....yes, I know, I'm so scientific!!

Where in WI are you?? I'm in Appleton. I also noticed that you and I have almost the exact stats - I started at 219 and am 5'10". You're going to love this diet!!
i cook with olive oil all the time! I know it has a lower smoke point so you have to be careful with it - but I've been using it forever - even before IP...hmm....
Old 07-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #67  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post

Hi! I'm in Rice Lake...about an hour north of Eau Claire...I just checked your stats too...we must be twins! I didn't even hear about this program until last weekend. My sister is a nurse and some ladies at the hospital were talking about it. Is it very popular down there? What week are you on? How's it going? My coach specifically told me to use olive oil. What do you cook with? I've been using it all week...So, maybe that onion thing won't even matter anyway! Yes, very scientific, but still I like it so far.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #68  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Well, now that I am back on track I realized that in 3 weeks I have a big conference for work and the lunch options are NOT good.

I was going to phase off, but even with phasing off I'm still in a bind- urgh!!! Of course, its an all day event, so going out to get something is out of the question. I'm hoping to just pack a cooler that I can bring a salad, assuming I can get one before I get to the event, and then just eat my veggies with dinner.

Going for a WI today. Going to get the detox kit as I'm thinking it should help with what I screwed up with in my cheating. I'm not expecting much of a loss, which is fine since I'm back on track now
Good job for getting back on tracK!
I am dealing with a similar issue. I will be going on a conference for a week and traveling/going on vacation for a week after. I am wondering if I should phase off before.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

You don't want your onions to carmelize. That's all. You'll be fine. Drink water and carry on.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #70  

Very smokey in my neck of the woods. I am very worried my childhood home is going to burn down in the most recent forest fire in Wyoming. Spent the weekend worrying and attempting to get to our cabin however the roads are now closed. In all of this craziness I forgot to eat a packet Saturday and Sunday! I need to get my head on straight. At least I am not turning to junk so that in itself is a NSV.

I have to stress again how amazing you all are. Everyone is so supportive and inspirational! It is reassuring to hear that everyone slips, picks themselves back up and keeps on going. The successes are phenomenal!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #71  
Began IP 6/27/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
I did that the other day, except I had the frozen pepper stir fry, which contained onions. I ate about half of it before realizing. I freaked out and texted my coach. She said it probably didnt affect me to much but just to stay on track the rest of the week for sure. HTH

Aimee
Thanks, Aimee...The thing is I haven't even thought about cheating or not following the rules to a tee...I just completely forgot. Silly me. My weigh in is tomorrow. Hope it will be ok! I'm on my 5th glass of "exta" make-up water at this point. Maybe I can flush it out before it does too much damage.
Jess
Old 07-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #72  
Began IP 6/27/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
You don't want your onions to carmelize. That's all. You'll be fine. Drink water and carry on.
Thanks!!! Sluggin' another glass of water as we speak (type!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Quote:
Hi! I'm in Rice Lake...about an hour north of Eau Claire...I just checked your stats too...we must be twins! I didn't even hear about this program until last weekend. My sister is a nurse and some ladies at the hospital were talking about it. Is it very popular down there? What week are you on? How's it going? My coach specifically told me to use olive oil. What do you cook with? I've been using it all week...So, maybe that onion thing won't even matter anyway! Yes, very scientific, but still I like it so far.
I heard about this plan from a friend in Alaska!! There are no clinics around here, so I have to do it all online and by phone. I just finished my 4th week and have lost 18 pounds. I even lost 4 pounds while on vacation up north last week. I've been using Grapeseed Oil for cooking, which to me doesn't taste any different. But, overall, I'm loving this plan. I do have to admit that I do miss eating certain foods (cheese, bread....), but I just keep thinking that before long I'll be able to.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #74  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Default Need something to snack on...any ideas?

I didn't prepare my meat last night to bring to work today, so I need something to hold me over until I get home to have my turkey patties yummmm. I won't get home until 9ish and had my lunch at 12:40...any ideas?
Old 07-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #75  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys, checking in on my lunch, congrats to all those whoosh fairy visits this morning! So far so good at work, had my breakfast, lunch with 2 cups of veggies and now am chilling out until it is time for dinner, roughly 4 hours from now. I'll have a frappaccino snack after cleaning the 2nd bedroom, REALLY excited to convert it into the dogs' bedroom and cats' playroom, open up some space in our actual bedroom. Well, it's time to be somewhat productive, peace out!
Closed Thread