Old 06-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2nite View Post
Yes exactly I'm looking for the powder chocolate drink

We drink the vanilla Costco Premier shakes for breakfast, but I notice they have more calories than the IP and they are larger at 11 oz compared to IP's which are 8 oz.

Just had my weigh in and didn't lose again... These Costco shakes and pure protein bars are the only alternatives I've been using. Wonder if they are causing me to not lose? Shake for breakfast at 7 am, bar at about 10:30, salad (lettuce only) and red pepper as cucumber for veggies at lunch + costco shake for protein and hamburger, 2 cups zucchini and mushrooms for dinner. Can't figure out where I'm going wrong
It looks like you are having 2 shakes (breakfast & lunch), 1 bar as late morning snack, regular phase 1 dinner. It seems to me that you aren't having anything to keep you in ketosis after dinner.
Please check with others, but it seems that you could be knocking yourself out of ketosis during the night and going into starvation mode by not having a before bedtime snack. I always have a before bedtime shake. I use GNC's Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% whey in extreme chocolate (better than the milk chocolate flavor). Sometimes I add spinach to it, usually add WF choc syrup. Also have their vanilla ice cream flavor and add my Sweet Leaf liquid stevia in english toffee or valencia orange. Are you getting all of your oil every day? All your salt? ALL your water? Really, must follow to a T.
Let me know, I want you to succeed. Could be just a small tweak.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/140

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
It looks like you are having 2 shakes (breakfast & lunch), 1 bar as late morning snack, regular phase 1 dinner. It seems to me that you aren't having anything to keep you in ketosis after dinner.
Please check with others, but it seems that you could be knocking yourself out of ketosis during the night and going into starvation mode by not having a before bedtime snack. I always have a before bedtime shake. I use GNC's Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% whey in extreme chocolate (better than the milk chocolate flavor). Sometimes I add spinach to it, usually add WF choc syrup. Also have their vanilla ice cream flavor and add my Sweet Leaf liquid stevia in english toffee or valencia orange. Are you getting all of your oil every day? All your salt? ALL your water? Really, must follow to a T.
Let me know, I want you to succeed. Could be just a small tweak.
I couldn't agree more with having the snack between dinner and going to sleep. I can tell you that the first couple months I put my snack between lunch and dinner and my losses were not very good. I moved the snack o before bed and I have had much more consistent losses. In place of my post lunch snack, I have a giant salad which fills me up!
Baracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #18  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
I couldn't agree more with having the snack between dinner and going to sleep. I can tell you that the first couple months I put my snack between lunch and dinner and my losses were not very good. I moved the snack o before bed and I have had much more consistent losses. In place of my post lunch snack, I have a giant salad which fills me up!
That's interesting that you actually experienced more consistent weight loss when you moved it to before bedtime. Good to know. I've always had mine then...the 'Before Bed' protein packet is actually listed right on my Phase 1 info sheet as a required part of the protocol.

Last edited by evepet; 07-01-2012 at 06:56 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Since this is a post about the chocolate drink packets, even though it's an older post, does anybody else have the problem with the packets getting all foamy and basically being pure foam the entire time after heating it in the microwave?

I love heating it because it tastes better than drinking it cold, and it reminds me of hot chocolate, but sometimes it's just pure foam. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not shaking enough or maybe shaking too much? I was just wondering on how I can fix that?
IPbeginnerNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

I've had the EAS Lean and Carb Control ready made shakes and they are good. They have very similar percentages to IP shake mixes. There is also a EAS Lean/Carb Control Vanilla powder, but I haven't tried that one yet. It's 17 g protein, 3 grams fat, and 110 calories (I'm 99% on those numbers).
jlnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #21  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

I add the packet to hot water, then just stir with a spoon. What works best is to mix the packet with a little hot water until smooth, then add the remaining hot water.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I add the packet to hot water, then just stir with a spoon. What works best is to mix the packet with a little hot water until smooth, then add the remaining hot water.

Oh nice! Thanks. So exactly like a packet of hot chocolate. I'm going to have to try that tomorrow. Thanks so much!
IPbeginnerNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote