3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 06/26/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261716-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-06-26-12-a.html)

Tigerlvr52 06-26-2012 02:08 PM

Weigh in #4 was a great 4 lb loss. Man I was getting worried there with the big losses 3 weeks in a row. This is much more my pace. Woot 35 Lbs down in 4 weeks. God bless all those who are doing this plan. It's tough but it works.

redmomof4 06-26-2012 02:20 PM

Kara,
I live in Blue Earth! You will probably drive right by us! Have fun in the cities!:carrot:
Shawna

locopollo 06-26-2012 03:04 PM

Oh wow, I am home for lunch and already there are seven pages for the day???

I'm Diane, and I'm new. Been reading the site for a week. Going on Thursday night for consultation. A stylist at my hairdresser spoke so highly of IP and she looks amazing.

There is some salt on program, right? So you could gargle with salt water to ease throat pain? Also, for a cough, codeine works, so you Canadians could use 222's. It doesn't have to be in syrup form to be effective.

OK, back to lurking. Oh yeah, I have just about 20 pounds to lose, and I'd love to do it before my vacation at the end of October. I see there are some very impressive losses here! I'm impressed!

cyndie 06-26-2012 03:08 PM

Good afternoon everyone! Today is beautiful, sunny and HOT! It's only 94 but it feels like 103 with the humidity. Think steam room...lol.

I hope everyone has a great WI today!

Good luck to all the newbies. Lots of people here even newer than me. :)

vovo 06-26-2012 03:16 PM

I'm on day #6 of IP. So far, so good....I think. Only my first weigh-in tomorrow will tell!!

Thus far, I'm proud of myself. I've stuck to the plan for the most part (i think i may have eaten 1/2 cup too many vegetables the 2nd day; maybe an extra 1-2oz of broiled chicken on the 4th day, unintentionally skipped my snack on the 3rd day because i fell asleep), I got through the few days of withdrawal symptoms, & walked away from temptation when i was in the BREAD section of COSTCO!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here - the support is amazing!!!

Momto2cs 06-26-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeed3 (Post 4384254)
Hi Jenni!

I know what you mean about preparing the food. Like who shakes spaghetti in a shaker cup. :dizzy: It is just weird. I am all for it if it works and from everyone's stories here, I believe it works.

I was actually surprised with the cereal. I really expected it to taste more like cardboard but it didnt. Next time I will add an Equal packet (we can have that right) to it and give it some sweetness to it, haha.

When do you weigh in?

I really like the crispy cereal, but find it very sweet as is!

I like the ease of food prep. Tear shake heat (or not) eat. The chicken soup is my favourite.

Ravenswood2012 06-26-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng (Post 4384372)
Ravenswood, I see you have a cairn terrier in your profile. I love the cairns! Who is it?

His name is Ralphie & he will be 5 y/o in December. We rescued him as pup, he has some leg issues & was going to be sold to a medical testing facility :mad: He is spoiled rotten & always will have the life of a king :)

bttrhalf 06-26-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vovo (Post 4384669)
I'm on day #6 of IP. So far, so good....I think. Only my first weigh-in tomorrow will tell!!

Thus far, I'm proud of myself. I've stuck to the plan for the most part (i think i may have eaten 1/2 cup too many vegetables the 2nd day; maybe an extra 1-2oz of broiled chicken on the 4th day, unintentionally skipped my snack on the 3rd day because i fell asleep), I got through the few days of withdrawal symptoms, & walked away from temptation when i was in the BREAD section of COSTCO!!!

great job this week:carrot:
I hope my week is as good, I'm on the 5th day and weigh in on Thursday.
have been real good ignoring temptation, the candy dish at work is right at my desk.
good luck on yo9ur weigh in:D

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...7/145/197/.png

Ravenswood2012 06-26-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng (Post 4384463)
So can I ask you guys a question? I have a wedding this weekend. I'm prepared up to the hilt for it thanks to thinking ahead and working with my coach. However, I just yesterday learned that there is a rehearsal dinner at a BAR, and since I'm doing a reading I am invited to go. Is it ok etiquette to not go to a rehearsal dinner? Especially if it is a bar dinner? There is no way I want to put myself in the middle of all that bar food :(

Anyone know etiquette who could help me out?

~Jenni

I wouldn't miss the dinner, I think you would later regret it. I would eat my dinner just prior to going & just enjoy all your friends and/or family. Make a really good dinner so you will be satisfied & not tempted by any of the bar food. The people @ the dinner should be supportive & if they aren't ~ignore them, you have to do this for you!! You can have your snack to look forward to when you get home :D

Good Luck :)

BLUEJEWEL 06-26-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlucas (Post 4384240)
Good Morning all!
Well Monday really turned out to be a MONDAY!
My car broke down yesterday during my lunch hour... :/ I have no clue what's wrong with it!
And this morning... lol My phone died! Can i start this week over?! But i'm still OP Bumbed cus i can't go to my WI today since i have no way of getting there :/

I hope everyone else is having a good week!

wow that is a bad day! the good news is you are still OP! Good for you. Hope the rest of the week is better for you.

dizzyjean 06-26-2012 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=Kaypix;4384403]

Welcome to the threads, we have a dudes only , or specifically , or whatever thread if you want to commiserate with guys any time, but the daily is open to any and all :) Acronyms are addressed in either the first post of the daily, or in a sticky, I forget, but here's a quick breakdown:
DD=dear daughter
DS=dear son
DF=dear fiance
DG=Dear Girlfriend/girl
DB=Dear boyfriend
DH=Dear Husband
DW=Dear Wife
TOM=Time of the month (not that guys need that acronym really)
IP=Ideal Protein
OP=On Program

Oh- being a baseball fan,I was thinking that DH stood for "designated hitter", haha. my husband is definitely my DH in both senses of the word. I am....dizzy Jean

NewPath 06-26-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4384494)
Hey everyone, just checking in, working on the recipe book from work today, since I learned I don't have as much free time at home as I do at work...strongly considering going home for lunch because I feel like crap (nausea, diarrhea this morning like nothing else, stomach cramping, and obvious dehydration). Not sure if it's related to the food I'm eating (haven't changed anything) or if I just have a bug. DH and I were both a little ishy the last few nights at home, but I just attributed it to working outside too much.

I'm also dizzy and weak, considering an extra bar today if needed (normally just do 2-3 shakes and my dinner, shakes are 20g protein and 2.5g carbs <1g fat each)...thoughts?

KayPix-
I experienced the symptoms that you are describing on and off for the first month and a half. Hard-boiled eggs and extra packets were added by my coach. I was peeing, out of control, like every 15 minutes. The key was adding the extra packet(s) before I got dizzy. She would have me write down when I started to feel "light"...then she added the packet/egg an hour BEFORE that time.( I was using a ton of salt and water...just helped a little.) On the up side, those symptoms directly correlated with my biggest weight loss weeks. I did have the nurse check my blood pressure to make sure it was okay...you might want to have yours checked. Also, my thyroid meds had to be LOWERED....also around this time. Might want to go in and have your labs done. In looking back, I think my body was just "dumping" fat and other stuff...cleaning house!
During this time I was losing muscle as well as fat....so be mindful of the importance of getting in your protein and FAT.
Feel better! I hope some of my thoughts and experiences help!
Julie
As a precaution, check your CO2 detector. Yeah....I am a worrier.

Kaypix 06-26-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPath (Post 4384720)
KayPix-
I experienced the symptoms that you are describing on and off for the first month and a half. Hard-boiled eggs and extra packets were added by my coach. I was peeing, out of control, like every 15 minutes. The key was adding the extra packet(s) before I got dizzy. She would have me write down when I started to feel "light"...then she added the packet/egg an hour BEFORE that time.( I was using a ton of salt and water...just helped a little.) On the up side, those symptoms directly correlated with my biggest weight loss weeks. I did have the nurse check my blood pressure to make sure it was okay...you might want to have yours checked. Also, my thyroid meds had to be LOWERED....also around this time. Might want to go in and have your labs done. In looking back, I think my body was just "dumping" fat and other stuff...cleaning house!
During this time I was losing muscle as well as fat....so be mindful of the importance of getting in your protein and FAT.
Feel better! I hope some of my thoughts and experiences help!
Julie
As a precaution, check your CO2 detector. Yeah....I am a worrier.

Hey you're allowed to be a worrier :) My Co2 detector seemed OK but I guess I could check it again, just feels like a bug, just hit this weekend, so I was already 2 months into the program. I have to go see a doctor the first week of July for my next Depo shot anyways so I'll ask her to do some blood work, kind of broke so don' want to pay them lab fees lol!

If I feel like butt tomorrow I'm gonna stay home from work, take it easy, nap and down my protein shakes like they are going out of style. I did end up having my bar before lunch instead of waiting for dinner tonight. I sincerely hope my body is just "dumping" fat, because that'd turn out good for me since my losses have been small lately. I'm going to listen to my body on this one, whatever it says to do, I'm doin.

NewPath 06-26-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vovo (Post 4384669)

VoVo-
Welcome to a wonderful place! IP Rocks!!!! Be strong and think positive. Read, question, share, and read some more! You will love everyone here! I wish you the very BEST of luck. IP is such a gift. Enjoy.
You have almost made it through your first week.....definitely the hardest. Things will get slowly easier...then, like MAGIC, you will be dancing in the streets with happiness!!!! EAT YOUR DAILY REQUIRED FOOD,WATER,OIL,and SUPPLEMENTS!!!! I learned early on...skipping does not help you to lose at all!!!! Set timers if you have to, that is what I initially had to do!
Have fun, and welcome to a great neighborhood!!!!

Ng951 06-26-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishak (Post 4384467)
Ok, I've never read that it isn't allowed to have restricteds at night. I know some say it is better earlier in the day, but having a bar for my snack has never hurt me. I guess everyone is different. But I've never seen anything in the IP materials that say it isn't allowed. Did I miss that?

You are fine. I also do my restricted at night for the last 5 months with great results. I think it depends on the individual. Nancy