3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 06/26/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261716-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-06-26-12-a.html)

Momto2cs 06-26-2012 06:41 PM

The cookies and cream bars are good!

Cyoungms 06-26-2012 06:47 PM

Ok, I had refused to use the cereal package because I saw the "add water" too. Glad to know it has powered milk. Gonna have this for breakfast in the morning. I started 3 weeks ago and I have had it that long...lol

grassfedbeef 06-26-2012 06:49 PM

I love the cereal with a couple drops of vanilla stevia. Chocolate stevia is pretty good too for something different, but i like the vanilla best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng (Post 4384229)
Hi! I am a newbie too. I am almost done with my first week with IP. Yes, the food is a bit weird but you get used to it. I find that sometimes the idea of preparing the food is unappetizing, in the end I am only occasionally disappointed with the final product.

We both had cereal for breakfast! It isn't the best, but there is lots of room for dressing it up. I have found that cinnamon works well. How did you like it?

~Jenni

mooselover 06-26-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 (Post 4384774)
What's everyone's favorite bar? I want to try a bar for my breakfast. Thanks.

Carmel Nut is the best!!!! I am not a big fan of the bars that have the rice stuff inside. I like my bars dense. And anything with carmel is a favorite of mine :D

GrandmaKiss 06-26-2012 07:00 PM

I just tried an interesting experiment. I made the pudding muffins, but did something different. I beat the 2 egg whites until they were stiff (made almost 2 cups of whipped egg whites), I added a tiny pinch of cream of tarter to keep the egg whites full. I made the pudding as directed AFTER the egg whites were done and then folded in the whites before the pudding set. Poured it into a greased 5" cake pan and baked 350 for 25 minutes. It puffed beautifully and flattened down to be about 2.25 inches tall (5 inches around). The texture was very similar to angle food cake, and the serving was huge.

Mamalee 06-26-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 (Post 4384704)

I wouldn't miss the dinner, I think you would later regret it. I would eat my dinner just prior to going & just enjoy all your friends and/or family. Make a really good dinner so you will be satisfied & not tempted by any of the bar food. The people @ the dinner should be supportive & if they aren't ~ignore them, you have to do this for you!! You can have your snack to look forward to when you get home :D

Good Luck :)

I would do the same. I am going home to a small reunion with my high school church youth group (can't believe I said yes). Anyway, they have something EVERY meal! I am going to bring my food and eat each meal at my mom's, then go and socialize with my glass of water. I feel confident it will work just fine.
Have fun :smug:

GrandmaKiss 06-26-2012 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=bttrhalf;4384211]good morning everyone, felt pretty cruddy when I woke up this morning but doing better, day 5 OP, only had one cup of coffee, but having tea right now. does anyone know if we can use Granulated Honey as a sweetner?:dizzy:

If Granulated Honey is dehydrated Honey, it is no different than sugar, which makes it a huge NO

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwdesselle (Post 4384278)
Hi there. I'm pretty new at IP. I started on June 21, last Thursday. I go to my first WI tomorrow and I'm excited.

One quick question. I'm getting used to the few acronyms used here, I'm in the Army btw, but I keep seeing DH being used and have no idea what that means. Would you mind letting me know?
Thanks
John

I see you've already been answered John; the H in dear H stands for husband. But the D can be dear, dratted, dorky, dim or darling, whichever adjective matches the rest of the sentence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4384428)
IP doesn't allow restricted foods at night. The protein bar would be considered restricted if on IP foods. Might consider switching it with your breakfast RTD.

This is a new one on me, I can't find it in any of the IP literature. Perhaps another old-coach's tale?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonduz (Post 4384577)
Hi everyone! Had my second WI today, - 3. That's 13 lbs now (go me). My coach thought I should have lost a little more for the second week and upped my packets to 4 per day. Have any of you done this, and how did it wrk? All of you are a welcome to me daily. I love all your posts!

What is it with these coaches who want to tell us a very respectible loss "isn't enough". Crimenetly, mine does the same thing, though mine doesn't want to add packs, she wants to subtract.

Diana B 06-26-2012 07:59 PM

Milestone WI today!

WI Today, lost 1.8 lbs. which has officially put me at 60 lbs. lost since Feb. 22, 2012! AND, I am breathing down ONEderland's neck! :cb::dance::cp::dancer::comp::cheer2:

Cootermom125 06-26-2012 08:06 PM

Yay! I'm starting phase 2 next Tuesday!!!!!! I'm so excited! My measurements are less than when I weighed 130!! I'm so pumped!!! Down another 1.6 pounds and 1 inch today!

IPdivajen 06-26-2012 08:30 PM

So yeah, no loss for me this week. .2 gain, actually. :(

I just don't get it.

Hopefully next week is better.

paulimapi 06-26-2012 08:32 PM

I envy all of you so much for having the WF syrups :( They don't sell anything similar here, and ordering them online is a complete pain because here they are very annoying and strict with ordering liquid things through the mail.

I just really wish I had some maple/strawberry/blueberry syrup to put on my pancakes. I make pancakes almost everyday but all I put on them is butter-flavored spray, then sprinkle stevia powder and cinnamon on top. It tastes good but it would be amazing with some syrup.
I don't even care about the dressings, I'm fine with my garlic powder and olive oil.

Unwaver1ng 06-26-2012 09:16 PM

I just finished my delicious salmon and asparagus for dinner and I am so proud I made it! I had a debacle for my snack today because I made the orange drink and thought it was disgusting :( so even though I already had a restricted, I ate about half my soy nuts in desperation. I was feeling hungry and we went to the dog park so that I could distract myself. We ended up staying a very long time.

So usually I will stop at Pancheros or Baskin-Robins on the way home from the park. My stomach was growling because I waited too long to eat, but when I got home, I popped dinner in the oven and had a big glass of water with some lemon and Splenda to tide me over. Success! Feels pretty impressive to me :)

jebaughman 06-26-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulimapi (Post 4385050)
I envy all of you so much for having the WF syrups :( They don't sell anything similar here, and ordering them online is a complete pain because here they are very annoying and strict with ordering liquid things through the mail.

I just really wish I had some maple/strawberry/blueberry syrup to put on my pancakes. I make pancakes almost everyday but all I put on them is butter-flavored spray, then sprinkle stevia powder and cinnamon on top. It tastes good but it would be amazing with some syrup.
I don't even care about the dressings, I'm fine with my garlic powder and olive oil.

I bet you could buy the maple flavoring and make your own syrup with stevia or splenda. We frequently used the maple to make syrup with sugar and water.
WI went fine lost 4 pounds, but hit the -50 benchmark at home this morning.
I hope to make it to the 40s at next WI and do not have far to go.

102 here today.

dizzyjean 06-26-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss (Post 4384955)
I just tried an interesting experiment. I made the pudding muffins, but did something different. I beat the 2 egg whites until they were stiff (made almost 2 cups of whipped egg whites), I added a tiny pinch of cream of tarter to keep the egg whites full. I made the pudding as directed AFTER the egg whites were done and then folded in the whites before the pudding set. Poured it into a greased 5" cake pan and baked 350 for 25 minutes. It puffed beautifully and flattened down to be about 2.25 inches tall (5 inches around). The texture was very similar to angle food cake, and the serving was huge.

Sounds wonderful! I'm a grandma, too! i will share- because I just found out today that I'm going to be a grandma to #5 in February!!!

jilian61 06-26-2012 09:33 PM

Measuring Asparagus

I love grilled or roasted asparagus - but I'm not sure how to measure it. I don't want to chop it up in order to measure it. How does everyone else measure asparagus?

Thanks for any help.