Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
For all of you looking for alternatives to the Ideal protein RTD shakes, here is a picture of the Dr.Bernstein RTD shakes to compare. You can order them from:
http://store.drbdiet.com/ They are 12$ for a pack of 6. I will repost tonight if they taste the same as I have my drink as my before bed snack and because I am on night shifts that will not be until 6am tomorrow morning
I can't wait to hear! There is a Dr B clinic very close to me...but I feel weird going in there...but if it tastes like IP I am there
Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortneyMarie622 View Post
I can't wait to hear! There is a Dr B clinic very close to me...but I feel weird going in there...but if it tastes like IP I am there
They are the same, if there is a difference it is so slight that I can't tell. Enjoy them
Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #393  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirStories View Post
Oh, be sure to post the recipe when you make the cookies again! I like the chocolate chips and marshmallows, and I'd be interested in finding new things to do with it
Finally made my recipe work with measurements.

Chocolate Chip and Marshmallow pudding cookies
Packet of Chocolate Chip and Marshmallow pudding
1 tsp baking powder
1 pkt splenda (or sweeten to taste - I use 2)
2 tsp EVOO
1 1/2 tbsp egg or whites (I used egg beaters since that's all there is here)
Directions:
Mix together the dry ingredients.
Add EVOO and thoroughly mix into dry ingredients (like cutting shortening into a homemade pie crust recipe)
Add egg and mix thoroughly. Will be slightly dry and a bit crumbly.
Divide into 4ths and place on parchment paper.
Flatten (I use the other half of the parchment paper or it'll stick to your fingers.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
They will still puff up and then deflate some as they cool. They are soft and chewy.

Hope you enjoy.
Molly
Old 11-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #394  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp EVOO
Directions:
Add EVOO and thoroughly mix into dry ingredients (like cutting shortening into a homemade pie crust recipe)
Flatten (I use the other half of the parchment paper or it'll stick to your fingers.)
They will still puff up and then deflate some as they cool. They are soft and chewy.

Hope you enjoy.
Molly
sounds yummy! I'm gonna try those this week
Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #395  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp EVOO
Directions:

Hope you enjoy.
Molly
Those sound great! Thanks Molly!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #396  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I can second Monica's recommendation about the Dr B. RTDs. And don't worry about going in - I've stopped by my local branch a few times and have never been questionned. They just sell me the product and off I go.

I also just sent you a PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #397  

It is exactly the same as NewLifestyleDiet.com here in the US. Except for the price. It cost me $200 for 72 drinks, shipped.

coupon code; nov2012 Save $30 on $200 purchase

Couple this with your free shipping over $200 and it works out well. Not as well as Dr B in CA, but somethng, nonetheless.

Last edited by ustasmom; 11-12-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 176/176/140

Red face Question

Hi, I have been on IP about 5 weeks and have lost about 13lbs. A couple of weeks ago I began having upper left side abdominal pain. Initially my coach thought it was probably my pancreas and had me increase my calmag to one extra pill. This past Friday the pain became too much. I went to the doctors and I actually had a bacteria in my stomach. I am now taking pretty strong antibiotics. The pharmacist told me not to have the calmag 4 hrs before my meds or 4 hrs after but the issue is that the meds I have to take 3x a day. My question is does anyone know what happens if I continue the protocol for the next 2 weeks without the cal-mag? Should I suspend the diet for 2 weeks?
Old 11-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I posted before that someone īn the know" told me they were the same product but someone else posted there was no comparison. They taste exactly the same to me.

There is not problem using the Dr B clinic. They deal with you quite quickly because they are busy with their own clients. They have the products listed at the counter. I think the bars are exactly the same as IP ones too except they are much cheaper.

Pat
Old 11-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #400  
8isenough

S/C/G: 179/169/160

Height: 5'10

Can someone tell me if I can put unsweetened cocoa powder in my shake?
Old 11-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #401  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8isenough View Post
Can someone tell me if I can put unsweetened cocoa powder in my shake?
No, it still has carbs in it even if it is unsweetened. If it's not mentioned on your sheet, anything else you have must be 0 carbs, 0 sugars and 0 fat.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #402  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa1921 View Post
Hi, I have been on IP about 5 weeks and have lost about 13lbs. A couple of weeks ago I began having upper left side abdominal pain. Initially my coach thought it was probably my pancreas and had me increase my calmag to one extra pill. This past Friday the pain became too much. I went to the doctors and I actually had a bacteria in my stomach. I am now taking pretty strong antibiotics. The pharmacist told me not to have the calmag 4 hrs before my meds or 4 hrs after but the issue is that the meds I have to take 3x a day. My question is does anyone know what happens if I continue the protocol for the next 2 weeks without the cal-mag? Should I suspend the diet for 2 weeks?
Your overall health is the most important thing! Taking your antibiotic three times a day means you should be taking it every 8 hours, if you can work it so that you take your cal-mag right in between doses (at the 4 hour mark) you would be fine. The recommendation is to leave 2-4 hours between taking a calcium supplement and taking an antibiotic, since the calcium can interfere with your body's absorption of the medicine.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #403  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
If you're interested, I have an IP vanilla drink packet and 4 packets of Healthsmart cheesecake pudding/shake that aren't my favorites, lol??? I haven't tried anything else from my brand new Nashua box yet...
the only cheesecake puddings i like are the WLS weight loss systems. i have never tried the vanilla drink packet. i would be willing to trade to try. anything else to offer??
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #404  

Protidiet on sale at Nashua this week
10% off code is PD10
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #405  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
the only cheesecake puddings i like are the WLS weight loss systems. i have never tried the vanilla drink packet. i would be willing to trade to try. anything else to offer??
These cheesecake puddings aren't the best..at least I can't make them tasty, lol. I bought an assortment box from Diet Direct, Wonderslim. I only do drinks and bars, so the food items included are extra for me, can trade if you like them: Vegetarian Joe, Spicy Cheese Pasta, apple cinnamon oatmeal and Chicken noodle soup. I have a pretty good assortment of puddings and bars from Nashua. If there's anything you've been thinking about trying, let me know, I might have it and would defintely be willing to trade.
Closed Thread