Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Angry Just want to quit...My rant.

I just want to quit this stupid diet..well ..okay its not stupid...but you know what i mean...Ive had such a crappy depressing discouraging day and there was absoloutly nothing wrong with my day..It was all fine..There is nothing to complain about ....except that i feel like total crap...Its day 6 and i feel so discouraged like whats the point of being on a diet..how come everyone else is having fun and eating out with there family and im stuck inside at home drinking my shakes because i have no idea what i could possibly eat a restraunt and even if i was at a restraunt ...i would probably cave in and eat something i shouldnt so whats the point of going... It just makes me mad that its the summer time, the weather is nice and people are eating ice cream and freezies and everything else and im like " why is there no sugar free popsicles anywhere"? Why do they have to make it so hard for people who are on a diet...cant they be nice and offer an alternative.. Seriously!!!!

I dont know why it is..but there is always at least one or two days where i absoloutly feel depressed and deprived on this diet...Its not like im hungry or anything...i just want what i cant have...and it sucks.

Ive never even seen success before, so i dont even know what it feels like.. i dont even know if its going to feel worth it in the end...All i see right now is this fat body that im lugging around thats sweating to death in the midst of the summer heat with no shorts to wear because i cant find any that fit... I just wanna give up and binge and eat everything in sight....ARGHHHHHHH
Old 06-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. It is an isolating feeling when you feel like everyone else is "normal" and you have to be on this diet thing, and the grass is greener on the other side. Or, well, the ice cream is creamier on the other side. I am not on ideal protein, but I wanted to let you know that everyone feels this way sometimes. Just keep going, and when you see some results, you will be glad that you hung in there. Feel better.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Porthardygurl,
I know its normal to have emotional days, but only you can take control of your life. Research so you are prepared and then go out to eat with that knowledge in mind and order only what you have decided on. You could make your own popcicles, I've used the sugar free orange jello mixed with the vanilla drink mix then pour in popcicle molds. Or make a "Wendy's Frostie" with the chocolate and vanilla mixes, stevia and freeze them. We all have days where we feel down and complain, but only you can do something about it.

Shawna

Last edited by redmomof4; 06-08-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #4  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Port - I'm sorry you're having a tough day. Sometimes it takes everything you have to not give up. When it comes to going out to eat, don't do it unless you know you can make smart choices. DH and I go out to dinner 2-3 nights a week or lunch, and I don't freak about what I'm eating, but I make good choices; i.e. buffalo wild wings, I get spicy garlic wings, 3g of carb per tablespoon, and I figure it's probably 10g of carb and then I get my protein, and boring normal ranch dressing, I still lose that week. Go out to dinner, get steak and veggies, please hold the potatoes and double up my broccoli thank you. It's TOTALLY possible, but only if YOU know you are strong enough to make smart choices.

I want to be as supportive as possible, but I'm having a difficult time not giving you "tough love". You made it 6 DAYS, 6! That's more than 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1, and more importantly, IT'S BETTER THAN NEVER HAVING STARTED AT ALL. You will not lose weight until you WANT it more than you want food. It isn't easy, heck, it's more often than not hard as heck to get through, but look long and hard at yourself, your lifestyle, and your goals. Not the "ideal candidate" answer goals like filling out a job application questionnaire, but your ACTUAL goals. Do you want to be thinner, healthier etc? Really? Or are you "ok" with where you are right now? If you're happy where you are now, or content, the odds of you losing are significantly lower than if you were miserable with where you are now. If you're miserable, you may be depressed and want to turn to food as a crutch, or an escape, but you need to put your big girl panties on sometimes and say "I AM STRONGER THAN A BREADSTICK" (Yes I've actually done this at a restaurant as I handed the basket back to the waitress and said "no thank you please take these back").

You CAN do this, but dang-it woman, quit being so negative and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.

Tough love complete.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #5  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Aw sweetie we all have those days... honestly I am over one month into the program and I've had pretty much every side effect imaginable. Moodiness, insomnia, nausea, massive estrogen release, permanent TOM... After seeing the results on my first WI though I was hooked and nothing is going to make me change my mind. I know it works, and it will for you too. The first 2-3 weeks were harder, I dealt with absolutely horrific cravings, had dreams about accidentally eating fries, cheese, baguette, whatever I could think of. It gradually got better. I won't say I'm not *slightly* envious of the people I see walking by with some peanut covered chocolate dipped ice creams, but hey, it's a choice I made and I'd rather wear a size 11 than a size 15 with that ice cream in hand.

You are strong and you can do it. You just have to be patient with yourself and remember that you are not alone. We might be miles away, but we KNOW what you are going through because we've been there. Have a little fun with the packets. I am now realizing that the diet is much easier since I've started experimenting with some of the recipes (trying Finn Steven's banana zucchini bread tonight, and holy cow it smells heavenly). I almost feel like I am having normal food. I make soups and scrambled omelettes often, they are a great way to get your veggies and meat/protein in a meal and still have "normal" food to eat with family and friends.

Following the protocol is one of the best presents you can give yourself. Much better than a burger and fries or BBQ ribs. You will be healthier, wear the clothes you want and be proud of your accomplishment. Once you start being allowed restricteds, it becomes much easier (at least I find). It feels like a daily treat, holding me over till I get my next one.

Hang in there, you have support and best of all, it will be worth it. We are all proof Hang in there, and soon you will see that you fit into the cute shorts you would love to wear.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
It just makes me mad that its the summer time, the weather is nice and people are eating ice cream and freezies and everything else and im like " why is there no sugar free popsicles anywhere"? Why do they have to make it so hard for people who are on a diet...
This part jumped out at me. I'm single. So in my head this old song goes "it just makes me mad that its summer time, the weather is nice and people are getting married and walking on the beach with their boyfriends and I'm like why is there no good man out there for me? why is it so hard for single people?"

Other people who are significantly overweight may be saying "its summer time and every one is running or at the beach or hiking and I'm like 'why is it so hard for me to do these things?"....

See what I'm saying. You are stuck on food. Your mind is stuck on food as the ticket to happiness and the focus of your days. Move your focus. What else do you want to do besides eat?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

You can do this ! If I can anybody can !
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #8  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

I forgot to mention. Ketosis releases estrogens stored in your fat cells, giving you a kind of hormonal rush. You may (and it looks like to are) experience some fun fun symptoms like moodiness, short temper, crankiness, depression and such. It is normal!! It's like super-PMS. However, you will eventually adjust to that too, and it will get better. Trust me, I had a LOT of stored estrogens.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Great posts everyone!! Hope this helps you Port!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #10  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Port, I'm just starting my 3rd week OP and found the first week really difficult, but I got through it. In the beginning, reward at WI = motivation to keep going. Keep your head in it and you will succeed! I agree that finding different recipes and experimenting keeps meals more interesting. Good luck to you; hope things turn around quickly for you.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #11  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Port, I am just going to ask you one question.....when will you figure out this program is NOT for you? You have started and stopped over the last 14 months, I can't even remember how many times now. Start...Stop...Rant...Start over....stop again....rant even more.....Stop with the madness, its not healthy for you

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 06-08-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #12  

Is the feeling sorry for yourself over? The tantrum over? Holy cow! We got ourselves into this mess (weight problem) and its up to each one of us to get ourselves out! ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THIS WORK!! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!! The other posters have all left you awesome feedback! But you have to change the poor me attitude into GO ME!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #13  
Porthardygurl

Im sorry Lisa..but im not quitting this time...if you can do this..it means i can too...for the longest time you have inspired me and i even told my mom just the other day that you lost 165 pounds...and if you could do that..then i should be able to..im not quitting..i dont care what you say..its going to work..im going to make it work..im not giving up. I havent cheated 6 days into this and im not going to quit..i might have done so in the past..and that was the past..im sure you failed at a lot of things in life before succeeding at some of them...everyone needs more then a few chances to get it right..this time im going to get it right.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #14  
Porthardygurl

And thanks to everyone who was supportive and encouraging..i think its all i needed.. I managed to make it through the rest of my day..I drank my chocolate RTD and my mood has gotten better and i feel a little on the happier side...I realized that i just needed to talk to someone who understood...Im sorry but my lovely DH does NOT have a freaking clue what its like to be on a diet, or be upset or frustrated with dieting and blah blah blah...I needed someone to understand me..so thank you for that!!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #15  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Well Good luck but you have to stay committed, dedicated and wrap your head around the program to work. YOU CAN do this and I have TOLD YOU THIS ALREADY...many many MANY TIMES....so again I say Good luck
Closed Thread