Old 08-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #16  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinseattle View Post
Thanks, MiamiCajun. The funny thing about the IP sweet items is I'm not a fan of them. I'm very sensitive to the sweetener aftertaste, that's why I drink my sodas regular (bad, I know ) so those and probably most of the IP sweet stuff (that aren't restricted) won't work. I'm loving the maple oatmeal and the white chocolate cinnamon bar though, but they're restricted and I'm not allowed to have more than one.
I hear ya on that...I too have issues with the aftertaste..thats why i make my own restricted version...

I make a sugar free flourless brownie-bar that has 3 net carbs and 156 calories(you have to treat it like restricted because of the high caloric content) and it uses xylitol for sweetner in the recipe, so you dont taste a weird aftertaste... But then again..im on an alternative phase 1 approach..and i make sure i count every single calorie and carb and protein to make sure im meeting the standards for the IP diet protocol...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

"i'm on an alternative phase 1 approach..and i make sure i count every single calorie and carb and protein to make sure im meeting the standards for the IP diet protocol... "

what are the standards for those? I would love to know!
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
http://www.dietdirect.com/low-carb-s...ate-dream.html

My cave is the protidiet sugar free chocolate dream bars. They have 10g protein and only 6g carbs, 1g fiber and 4g sugar alcohol (which is sucralose). Feels like a cheat, tastes like a Nestle Crunch, and is within the rules...for alternative anyway.
MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TOO YUMMY
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #19  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
"i'm on an alternative phase 1 approach..and i make sure i count every single calorie and carb and protein to make sure im meeting the standards for the IP diet protocol... "

what are the standards for those? I would love to know!
From what i heard...we aim to get in 1/2 our bod weight in protein in a day... plus between600-900 calories a day plus 20-30 net carbs or so...
This is what i have heard so far...so its what ive been going by..But basically i keep my net carbs down to 20 net and i get my caloric content ranging between 700-850.

But i also work out for 30 minutes and burn 200 calories a day doing exercise..so i factor that in as well.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #20  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
From what i heard...we aim to get in 1/2 our bod weight in protein in a day... plus between600-900 calories a day plus 20-30 net carbs or so...
This is what i have heard so far...so its what ive been going by..But basically i keep my net carbs down to 20 net and i get my caloric content ranging between 700-850.

But i also work out for 30 minutes and burn 200 calories a day doing exercise..so i factor that in as well.
The caloric values and carb values i got an average from looking at what 3 packets plus a typical dinner would look like..and from there used that..since i use a RTD that is higher in caloric value .. i only drink two of those a day..plus my dinner meal of 8oz of steak..so this is what it looks like for me:

Breaky: Chocolate RTD atkins shake = 1 NET and 150 calories
I add 1/2 scoop of my whey powder and it = 200 calories, 21 grams of protein and 2 grams of Net Carbs

Lunch: same as above

Dinner: 2 cups of veggies of on allowed list plus 8oz beef tenderloin steak = 250-300 calories plus 1/2 cup homemade bbq sauce(4net carbs)
plus a tsp of olive oil i cook my steak in and sea salt on top

Dessert:stewed rubarb 2 cups.. with xylitol to sweeten it.

This is an example of what my day would look like...so all in all.. ive averaged about 750-800 calories for the day + 8 net carbs(not including veggs yet)

But as i said: THIS IS ALTERNATIVE...not following strict IP protocol