Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #91  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post

i got my sister and my mom on IP now and they are both doing great.
my clinic asks me to speak every week at their intro seminar, and i usually do if i can spare a few minutes after dinner. they also asked me to become a coach! it's awesome. i'm starting in about 2 weeks. i've been on for 6 months now, and i feel like i know the ins and outs about alot of things. i have some seriously delicious recipes that i've come up with that help keep me satisfied for dinners. i.e. stuffed peppers that i had tonight, yum!! anyways, glad to know everyone's doing great! this diet is the best!!!! hope you all have a great night
Care to share the stuffed peppers recipe please? I have yet to peruse the recipes page and fear it would be a couple hour commitment for which I lack patience ATM

Also, how did you get into coaching?

Thanks
Old 05-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #92  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hi everyone! I haven't gotten onto this site in almost 3 months, i think. I got so busy with life that I practically fall over by the end of the day instead of reading and posting I did a quick scroll thru and it looks like everyone's numbers have dropped a great deal since the last time i saw!! that's awesome!!! My son is 10 months old and keeping me seriously busy, he's walking and keeping me in shape lol. i'm almost to goal. i got married last month to my best friend- we've been together for 8 years, and we finally tied the knot

my clinic asks me to speak every week at their intro seminar, and i usually do if i can spare a few minutes after dinner. they also asked me to become a coach! it's awesome. i'm starting in about 2 weeks. i've been on for 6 months now, and i feel like i know the ins and outs about alot of things. i have some seriously delicious recipes that i've come up with that help keep me satisfied for dinners. i.e. stuffed peppers that i had tonight, yum!! anyways, glad to know everyone's doing great! this diet is the best!!!! hope you all have a great night
Wow. Welcome back to the forum. For those of us that have been around for a few months, you get to wondering about people you haven't seen post for a while. I'm so proud to see you've stayed down at your goal and now you're a coach. You should be so inspirational to those you coach. Try as much as you can to join us. You should know how much we can use the advice of a trained coach every so often.

Molly

P.S. Congrats on the wedding. I also married my best friend.

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 05-26-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #93  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi everyone! I haven't gotten onto this site in almost 3 months, i think. I got so busy with life that I practically fall over by the end of the day instead of reading and posting I did a quick scroll thru and it looks like everyone's numbers have dropped a great deal since the last time i saw!! that's awesome!!! My son is 10 months old and keeping me seriously busy, he's walking and keeping me in shape lol. i'm almost to goal. i got married last month to my best friend- we've been together for 8 years, and we finally tied the knot

Yay, newmom! Congrats on getting married and on being nearly at goal! Coaching, too. Great to hear that things are going well for you. Be sure to keep us posted
Old 05-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Default Spray Pam.....Butter Flavored

Is the cooking spray, Pam , butter flavored allowed?
Old 05-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default Thanks! *Stuffed pepper recipe!!*

Gee, i have no idea why i stayed gone so long. i forgot how amazing the comfort and support is, i suppose. THANK YOU everyone i'll make sure to stop in more often. I have experience with phase off (i phased off right before we went away for the wedding, so that i could fully enjoy myself and not worry about packets. not to mention booz. lol) anyway phase off is great once you're ready and truly does work to train your body in a manner that it doesn't gain. (i was so worried!!) i actually still lost in phase 2 and 3.

STUFFED PEPPER
Now keep in mind the rule of max 8 oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies. divy it up according to your taste. This is also technically what i call a "restricted dinner" because of the use of tomato. Remember your restricted veggies?? for the newbies- you don't skip your restricted IP packet because of this dinner.. you just can only have certain veggies twice a week.

for my stuffed peppers i did..

1 green bell pepper
cauliflower "rice"
tomato
italian spices
sea salt and pepper
5 oz lean ground beef
3 oz of thinly sliced lean ham

i sliced the top and bottom off of the bell pepper. i then sliced it in half (vertically) and took out the seeds and ribs. rinse with cold water. blanch in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. rinse with cold water and shake dry. lay it on a greased cookie sheet (i sprayed pam olive oil on a piece of foil) so that the inside of the pepper is facing up.

lightly brown the ground beef. it doesn't need to be cooked all the way through. as that is cooking, grate a few ounces of cauliflower *this acts as your rice*. once the meat is almost cooked, drain--- then put back in pan. add cauliflower rice. toss to distribute and then add some diced tomato and some of the juices if you can. toss that around so it becomes a mix. add salt, pepper, and italian spices. i also added some red pepper flakes because i like spicy once everything is evenly incorporated, spoon mixture onto the "open faced" green bell pepper. (it will more than likely be overflowing, but still so amazing) cook for about 20 mins on 350 degrees. check on it, if it's looking like the top is beginning to crisp up, add 2 thin slices of lean ham onto the top. let cook for another 10-15 mins. at the very end, i put the broiler on so the ham almost crisped up.

This was one of the best dinners i've made on IP. i'm so sad i didn't think of it before now! I hope you all enjoy. you can add or subtract certain veggies to your preference. next time, i will only eat 1 cup of veggies at lunch so i can add some more cauliflower rice to make a total of 3 cups of veggies at night to compensate. have fun with your food everyone! be creative. this diet is getting easier and easier and i will continue with these phase one recipes even in maintenance!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #96  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Thank you newmom! I plan to make this in the next couple of days; keep ya posted Tonight, it's off for Sushi dinner, first night out on IP. Gotta stay strong

Last edited by Mufassia; 05-26-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #97  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Default IP frozen treats

With the hot weather upon us, here are two "legal" treats I have figured out:

sugar-free snow cones - crush ice in blender, food processor or similar, top with DaVinci syrup. I made peineapple and banana and it was delicous. You need a concentrated flavor so Mio might work, too.

Pudding pops - I made chocolate pudding into "fudgesicles" by pouring into ice pop molds and freezing. I made the pudding like a shake but you could leave it thicker, too. I am sure other flavors would be great, too.

Hope eveyone is enjoying the long weekend. I know that VET is
Old 05-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Question

I have a question for you guys: How would you handle co-workers that ask each week how much weight you lost? Then when you tell them how much (for example 2lbs) they make comments such as that's all. I'm asking cause its starting to get on my nerves that they are keeping up with my business then voicing their opinions. I dont want to come off rude but want to politely tell them I'd rather not discuss it. As a side note; I never told them I was on IP but one of them saw my shaker on my desk and told others.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #99  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Today was day 2 OP for me and I've been sooo hungry and had a nasty headache ALL day. Have had a sinus headache on/off for about 4 days, so not sure if this is related to IP or not. Wondering too if I might be getting too much magnesium. I was taking a pretty high dose of this before beginning IP to help with chronic pain. The dr. knows this, but didn't say whether to cut back on it now that I'm taking the IP supplements. My coach is supposed to call tomorrow; will ask her about it.

Went to my moms for a while today and took my own lunch & supper. Got hungry on the way, again a half hr after lunch, though it seemed like it took forever to eat that big salad with tuna for supper, I was still hungry a half hour later. Sure hope this is not an ongoing thing...

On a more upbeat note...love reading about everyone's NSVs and moral support for each other.

What I learned on the forum today...if we have to go off-program for some reason, give ourselves a month in advance to phase off for best results! Thank you!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #100  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
I have a question for you guys: How would you handle co-workers that ask each week how much weight you lost? Then when you tell them how much (for example 2lbs) they make comments such as that's all. I'm asking cause its starting to get on my nerves that they are keeping up with my business then voicing their opinions. I dont want to come off rude but want to politely tell them I'd rather not discuss it. As a side note; I never told them I was on IP but one of them saw my shaker on my desk and told others.
Just tell them, its a slow process and you are ok with the losses you have and that you would not like to discuss it with them. Tell them to just watch the inches come off you aren't worried about the weight :P
Old 05-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #101  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
I dont think it would be impolite to tell them that you dont feel comfortable discussing your weight loss.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #102  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Ive got a hot temper that keeps me in trouble a LOT, and my wife (shes such a dork) finds humor in my anger, which of course makes me even madder while she snickers away and often makes fun of my 'rages'.
I am SOOO glad I'm not the only wife that does that!! I thought I was evil inside or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I don't have a coach because of distance, but I do purchase from a spa that sells the product - when I went yesterday to stock up I mentioned to the owner that I had only lost 1.2lbs this past week and he said "then you are not in Ketosis, if you were in ketosis you would drop 3lbs" - I smiled nicely and told him I was 100% OP and he said that was impossible if I only lost 1.2lbs. I said I would review my journal but what I really wanted to do was punch him right between the eyes. Thanks to this site I know you can be 100% and still not lose 3lbs EVERY week.....arghhh. Sorry I just had to vent. I feel bad for the people not on this site who would let a jerk like this break their spirit.
To all my American friends - Have a wonderful Memorial weekend.
Ugh! How rude!!! Did you ask if he's done the diet and successfully lost 5 LBS every week? (Isn't guys 5-7lb supposedly?) GRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So at my weight being intimate with my wife has been difficult. We just haven't fit together too well. I will spare you the details but this morning we made love and afterwards she said what I was thinking. That was the best sex we've had in years. I will take credit for at least half if the technique but the weight loss let us connect physically and emotionally in a way we haven't in years. It made us both feel wonderful.
I know that baking cookies is easier when both cooks are average size...or rather...(oh man I can't believe I'm going there) the pan fits properly with the oven...lol I made a funny! In all seriousness though, intimacy takes on a whole new meaning when you and your partner can enjoy eachother as it should be, rather than needing to accommodate extra girth/weight etc. I know that for a while I felt awkward ever being above DH because I literally thought I would smoosh him...talk about a complex! I'm very happy you and your DW are able to enjoy each other more now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I had a real test day this week as well. I had an extremely bad/stressful day. DH forgot our anniver. Some random lady came up to me and asked if I would try her new diet she's selling - body by vi. Soooo hurtful to be picked out of a crowd as someone who needs a diet. And work was just rotten. I expressed my hurt to DH and he was very comforting, but I soooo badly wanted to comfort myself with food as I would normally do. I he,d string, went for a bike ride, and drank lots of water! I was so happy that I handled my stress differently than eating!
Pattie: I'm sorry today was stressful Good for you beating the food-binge mode though

Quote:
I'd say "More than you" and walk away...does that make me a bad person?

I made it through the day, woot woot hooray!!! Let's see, shopped like a crazy person for my next charm, then modified my bracelet to accept it more properly (I better hit my 15 lb mark Monday, I was at 14 lbs last Monday). I learned a trick for putting on dangly charms, so that'll be my next...let's see, three charms worth, so two beads, then 3 dangles...that'll be 25 lbs, after that we'll have to see what it's time for, charm-wise.

Went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner and had salmon and asparagus spears, then the salad bar with oodles of spinach. I am a little miffed though, the last two days have been "run n gun" bathroom breaks which totally blows, and I'm not sure if it's mild food poisoning from a hideous restaurant we went to last night (DH and step mom in law both sick last night) or my increased spinach intake (not usually a spinach person).

DH is playing Diablo III and I'm chilin' out, might start working on the recipe book since it looks like I can do whatever as long as I give credit...that'll only take me a month and a half to do, but it'll be kind of super amazing when it's done I think...pretty sure...

Ok, I'm off to obsess about my recipe book (someone posted about wading through the threads, I blame them for my OCD kicking in again JK)

BYE!
~Kara

Last edited by Kaypix; 05-26-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
I think Carol and Cadu are right, one of the things I always tell people who ask is that I feel so much better, my feet and joints don't hurt as much, my blood pressure is down, and that sometimes you lose inches instead of pounds, and that getting healthier takes time!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Does anyone have a yummy recipe for a vegie stir fry using WF apricot jelly, and soya sauce??
Old 05-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #105  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

I used 1tbsp of the sesame ginger, about the same of light soy sauce, and some mongolian fire oil for heat and fried up veggies before, never tried apricot jelly.
Closed Thread