Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

I drove 5 hours (each way) on Saturday to a family baby shower (my sisters' son & his wife. Didn't do very good staying OP, I had my shake for breakfast, went to Wendy's for lunch ordered grilled chicken sandwich, only ate the chicken & lettuce threw out the bun, I was proud of that. Later at the shower they only served sandwiches and potato salad and macaroni salad. I did eat a sandwich and a spoonful of potato salad (I was starving and didn't have my car to get any other food). I managed to find some broccoli in the fridge and had some of that. Today I got back right on the horse and have stayed 100% OP. I hope I don't gain any weight because of my falling off the wagon a bit. I need the whoosh fairy to visit me before my Wed. night WI.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #182  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
so i feel like a total moron! i made a grilled cheese sandwich for my daughter and i had a salad for lunch (with Peach mango to drink) anyways, my cranky toddler was refusing to eat (as normal) and i told her "it's yummy, you love grilled cheese" she said "no im not eating' i was getting annoyed (as I do every meal time trying to get my 2 year old to eat,( everyday we have to pretty much beg her to eat, kid hates food)anyways without thinking i took a bite and said "see mommy likes it, its yummy" then realized i took a bite!! I feel so bad.
Don't beat yourself up. You learned and you shared it with us.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #183  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

I too have been copying and saving a lot of the recipes. Trying to keep them organized is crazy! Kara, I too thought about pulling a bunch of them together into a cookbook but knew I wouldn't see it through. I'll be happy to help if I can.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
WELL SAID!! it's just that...everything about this diet, not just the physical part of it, but the mental part too is so important. you must believe in yourself.. you must finish what you started without deviations.. i wish i wouldn't have phased for 2 weeks. Plus, the summer time phase off (or weekend cheats) will have their repercussions and you can be worse off than where you started. i started this diet RIGHT before thanksgiving.. i didn't cheat on thanksgiving, christmas, new years, my birthday, st. patricks day....etc etc or any days in between. trust me , it wasnt easy, but i'm here and i'm so happy i stayed true to IP the whole way!! sorry to rant on your quote, i know it was made for the other girl, but i just had to
No your not ranting, just backing me up.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

shawna -- It's very nice to meet you too!! Thanks for all the congrats, it's been a crazy and wonderful year!

Tammy- You've got this, girl. There's ALWAYS going to be a reason for wanting to phase off... just like someone just said-- if it's not the summer cookouts and what not, it'll be the holiday season. WE will always make reasons for ourselves to go off and carb load. trust me, i'm dying to phase. i actually just extended my goal 5 more pounds for a "cushion" just in case. so my new goal is 120. The food will ALWAYS be there and you will have them again. Just finish this off. you can do it! believe in yourself and get that ticker down. you'll feel so amazing when it reaches the end and it's something YOU did all by yourself in an amazing amount of time. this isn't something you want to drag out, and like i said before "restarting is NOT easy." With some self control, discipline, support, and will power YOU will control food instead of it controlling you. (When you're at a cookout- get some walden farms bbq sauce, slather some chicken breasts with it, and grill some asparagus and zucchini. it's so good and you'll be right in the crowd. )

LET'S get healthy and STAY healthy people! This diet is awesomeee
Old 05-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

I have the Sunday Blahs! I am a flower shop owner, and have no full time employees. So I work for sure 6 days a week, and lots of times 7. I was really hoping for a 2 day weekend. I had to go to work today to deliver flowers to cemeteries. What I thought would take 2 hours took 5. I had a heck of a time finding some graves. So thqat was discouraging - but I do love what I do - sometimes would like to have a little more time to enjoy something.

Hoping I've lost weight - I did step on my scale today and didn't show much difference from WI #2 - which was a week and 1/2 ago. I couldn't make it to the last WI since the shop was so busy for MD. I've been staying OP but my schedule has been wacky and probably haven't gotten all my water a couple of days. I always get stuck at 175, and am hoping this isn't happening this time. I've been hungry too, so am fighting that. I think that's because my schedule has been wack-a-doodle.

Ok- going to try to get myself out of this blah mood.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Hi there!! first and foremost, i would like to begin saying congrats on your weight loss so far secondly, and you may not like this question, but do you absolutely feel the need to phase off for sure ? I thought to myself when i did, "this is my wedding week. i want wine, pina coladas, pizza, and i wanna go out and do what i want this ONE time....yada yada yada" let me tell you-- i kinda wish i would have stayed in phase one the whole way. i would be in maintenance by now, and getting back into the groove of things was WAY harder to restart. i mean, i'm still having some pretty gnarly cravings and i've been back on for a month. i don't know why it's so much harder after a phase off??

anyway, if you have absolutely made up your mind about phasing off.. you'd be correct in your assumptions. you would do phase 2 for a week, followed by a week of phase 3 (my favorite phase!!). i timed it so that i'd be in phase 4 for a few days before i left, so i could get acclimated and used to that phase before hopping on a plane and gorging on vacation. i wanted my body to feel the new diet, so i knew what to expect on vacay. i kinda binged my first "cheat day" and realized i CAN NOT eat like i used to. my body was yelling at me. "You have been so good to me and i felt great.... then you filled me with tons of bread, pasta, chicken parm, and dessert... blehhhh" - my body. Seriously i was shocked. i can't eat the portions i used to. and if i tried , well its bad. i felt ick the rest of the night. also, i had chipotle and pizza at some point during my vacation... ready for it... it wasn't even that good!! i have been fantasizing about the day that i could have it again and having MAJOR cravings, and also hating my husband for being able to eat it...but i'm so glad that it didn't have a positive impact on me. my tastes have completely changed and i love that about this diet too!

so just think about it. you've been on the diet for a while.. and you're in a groove. think about staying on and just finishing up. you'll have plenty of vacations and times away where you can sip on a drink and eat how you please...but from my recent experience , i'd truly say stick with phase one. your choice obviously.. but it's so hard to get yourself back on. plus, if you're set back a few pounds... you have to get back into ketosis, lose the vacation weight, then finally be on the other side. so it takes a good 2 weeks or so to get back into the "negative" for your losses. GOOD LUCK! have a wonderful time on the cruise if we don't speak before then!
Thank you for your response! No, I haven't completely made the decision to phase off. But, I will say that this is a once in a lifetime vacation- something that we do not ever do, or probably will not have the chance to do again. It is not my plan to gorge myself, or completely go crazy. I plan to eat as healthy as possible. But, not sure with a cruise what options I have, or, if I know that I will be drinking, or eating some bread, etc. what it will do to my body if I do not phase down and just do it after being on phase 1. Ugh...not easy. I really thank you for sharing your own personal experience....I appreciate it!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 191/175/135

Height: 5'1"

I think everyone is wishing for the Whoosh Fairy. I know I could us her for tomorrow's WI. I checked this am and down 2 lbs from last week. Sure, I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination! I don't like the influx of the scale. I know it's my fault for checking - I just can't help it though! Argh! But I hope all is well tomorrow! Just cooking up some lean ground turkey with hot sauce and seasonings plus lemon-dill broccoli.....can't wait!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

I think I may have finally figured out the ticker. WOOT WOOT!!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #190  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Hi Port, I think the IP ones are about $28 or so. I bought some Dr. B ones and they are about half the price of the IP ones.

Pat
Did you order the Dr. B one's off the internet or walk right into there diet centre?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Did you order the Dr. B one's off the internet or walk right into there diet centre?
I went right into the centre. They were fine to deal with. there was a list on the wall with what things they had and you could order whatever you wanted. They don't ask if you are a client.

But I wanted chocolate pudding and they didn't have it, just chocolate drinks, That particular location said the chocolate pudding didn't sell well so they didn't handle it anymore.
So i ordered a few boxes from the internet site and the cost of shipping was really high, worse than ordering from the US.
Someone on here from Ontario said they ordered online and shipping wasn't bad so it must depend on how far away you are, it is shipped from Ontario.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #192  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Thank you for your response! No, I haven't completely made the decision to phase off. But, I will say that this is a once in a lifetime vacation- something that we do not ever do, or probably will not have the chance to do again. It is not my plan to gorge myself, or completely go crazy. I plan to eat as healthy as possible. But, not sure with a cruise what options I have, or, if I know that I will be drinking, or eating some bread, etc. what it will do to my body if I do not phase down and just do it after being on phase 1. Ugh...not easy. I really thank you for sharing your own personal experience....I appreciate it!
I went on a cruise to Alaska at the end of February and I did stay on plan the entire time. In fact I came home 6 pounds lighter. I will tell you it was a challenge, but the cruise line made it much easier for me to stay ON plan with lots food option.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Question for everyone. I've been officially on IP (alternative) since Monday and have been doing great so far, minus a headache or two. Since last night, I've been having some pain in my lower back, on the right side. I'm not sure if it is my kidney or what, but it's more of a heavy ache than pain. I had kidney stones once in 2007, but that was the only time. Could IP be making me hurt there for any reason? Has anyone else had this or heard of it? Thanks.
Have you gone to the bathroom? Sometimes constipation can cause back pain. Try some smooth move tea if you think that's what it is. feel better!
Closed Thread