Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! I want to wish everyone a 100% OP day today; let those pancreases rest away~~

My prayes and best wishes go out to everyone here today; I feel so blessed to be a part of this 3fc's IP community and to have found new friends all over the globe!!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Morning all.
I start vacation tonight and I'm super excited! I'll get to see my family I miss so much.
Maintenance is ..interesting, however, I think I may go back to p1 when vacation is over. I will probably need to anyways because I'm not sure how well behaved I'll be. But I want to fit comfortably in a size 4 pants. Right now I'm good in a 6 but my legs and butt are much slimmer than my tummy and my pants are really saggy in the back which is quite embarassing. I can squeeze into a 4 but it just doesnt feel right and they give me a muffin top. I still feel like my stomach sticks out too much and that does not make me happy. So maybe p1 for a week or 2 will do it. I hope so. I hope I'll be able to give up my p3 breakfasts for a while. I can do it! It'll be worth it when I feel comfortable wearing a bikini this summer..
It'll be interesting to see how my family reacts to my weight loss. I don't see a huge difference myself but they are the only one's who have not seen me since before I started IP.

Anyways, have a great OP day everyone! And good luck to those who WI today.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hello Peg, It took me some time to get used to it. They say that this diet can cause us to look gaunt at first, and I agree. Only you will know when the time is right. I lost so much that some of the extra pounds was actually extra skin, so I had to account for that on the scale.

Maybe taking a few photos of yourself to study will help? I still don't look in the mirror and see what others see, and when I see a photo, I am usually surprised...

The only other factor I can think of is healthwise, maybe it's worth a check-in with your doctor to see how you are doing. There is a limit on how much weight loss is healthy in terms of the kidneys. If you make the decision based on health and leave any additional firming up to exercises you can do later, that may be a way to go too.

Hope I made sense...I think I'm still half-asleep.
Thanks Sewman for this wise advise! I have always looked at myself overweight even when I weighed 115 pounds when I was young. My husband told me to just look at what my body fat is and go from there.

Peg
Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joplingrl View Post
Today is the one year anniversary of the tornado that destroyed most of my town, many of my friends lost there homes over 8000 all together.4000 business were destroyed including my own. 160 people died that day and many more since. Last night the president spoke at our graduation which was a honor.5 of our schools we destroyed so the high school held classes at our local mall. Today is a day to remember and honor the souls lost. Please pray for Joplin today.
Keeping Joplin and the extended family in my thoughts and prayers today.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good morning fellow IPers! Third WI tomorrow and so excited. I stepped on my home scale this morning and definitely down again but not sure how accurate it is. Hate the digital scale as it is different every time I step on it. I don't believe the weight so I do it a second or third time. Need to go back to the old fashion scales that have the dial. Definitely feel it in my face and some clothes. I have the weight spread all over so when I lose 20lbs I might not drop down a full size. Frustrating but as long as it is coming off.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
Thanks Sewman for this wise advise! I have always looked at myself overweight even when I weighed 115 pounds when I was young. My husband told me to just look at what my body fat is and go from there.

Peg
This is so true peg. I'm the same height as you and am at 120. I still don't feel comfortable with my body. Better than before but when you said that even when you weighed 115 you still werent happy. This is true for me as well. I've always looked at myself with imperfections. DH told me that I'm perfect the way I am now and that it's just toning that will help with my insecurities. He is probably right. He says that I've learned so much about food and nutrition that he can't see me ever going back to where I was, even though he didn't think I was fat then either. He laughes when I freaked out about eating an ounce of almonds when I found out how many calories they were. And when I worry about eating too much fruit. I may need to just stay at this weight and maintain for a while and see where I feel in about a month. It's so hard to decide.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Meadow Wheeler, where in MT do you live? I live in Salmon Idaho and we are getting much needed rain today too. Or at least it looks like we will get it, you never know...

Shathom, I am post-menopausal too and the weight does move slower for us but it does move! I like to weigh everyday but after you do it for awhile you realize that the scale moves up and down all week. don't panic, just relax and go with it, it does ultimalely go down!

CassiR, enjoy vacation! Let us know how it goes!

Rissimo, keep inspiring! I love it when you are on site, you keep us going!

It looks to be a rainy day here in Idaho, which is good, we need it! I might be forced indoors and will have no excuse not to get the laundry done...drats!

When I jumped on my scale first thing this morning I saw 199.9! AHHHHH! It won't be that for my official weigh in today because it is always lower first thing in the morning but I SAW it, it can and will happen even if not officially until next week!

I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day! Be the best LOSER you can be!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #38  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning! I hope everyone is doing well! I am trying to get into a regimn of physical activity as well during the day. I am just having a hard time finding the motivation. I would rather go lay in bed and read! Plus it doesn't help that my little boy comes in every morning and joins me in my bed around 4. I have been setting my alarm for 5 to go ride because I get up at 5:30 usually to get ready for the day. Any idea's how I can keep him in his own bed so I can find the motivation to get up at 5 to go for a bike ride?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #39  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

The little guy woke up feverish and pukey, why oh why did I buy the bright ORANGE pedialyte! He's happy and normal otherwise, I'm playing his favorite baby sign dvds and giving a lot of cuddles. So skipping early WI this week, but still need to pick up my food before we leave.

Molly, I will try to get shirts out in the mail before Fri, I will PM you when they are out. If not by thur, will be next week.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #40  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Peeps!!! I did a bunch of "Spring Cleaning" yesterday. I found someone at my IP clinic that could use my size 14 clothes. If felt so good to get those out of my house. I am feeling soooo much better lately. Hoping my health issues are over and I keep feeling this way. I started walking again. Got in a few walks last week and a nice one yesterday. I love to be outside, even if my allergies are driving my crazy. Hope all of you have a great IP day!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody!

So today I go for a cut & color then going to get a dress for my Niece's wedding (june 8). I have been waiting to go get this dress becuase I was loosing so rapidly. My goal was to get a size 12 for this wedding but.. I dont know if I can do it. I can get in a 12 pant but they are snug. Regardless, if I had not started IP I would be buying a size 20 - 22 dress today so I am happy. (Since I will have fresh styled hair I may as well take my new avatar pic today)

Have a great day everybody and no matter what..... stay on plan!
I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your new avatar pic. Have lots of fun getting your new dress. You sure deserve it!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #42  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good luck at WI Kat & Wendy!

Good Morning Everybody!

So today I go for a cut & color then going to get a dress for my Niece's wedding (june 8). I have been waiting to go get this dress becuase I was loosing so rapidly. My goal was to get a size 12 for this wedding but.. I dont know if I can do it. I can get in a 12 pant but they are snug. Regardless, if I had not started IP I would be buying a size 20 - 22 dress today so I am happy. (Since I will have fresh styled hair I may as well take my new avatar pic today)

Have a great day everybody and no matter what..... stay on plan!
I was going to say PICTURE!!!....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
Good morning everyone, hope all is well and your day will be an awesome one!
I am having some conflicts with what my body really looks like! I see myself as still being fat but everyone else tells me that I look great and don't need to loose anymore weight. I used to wear a size 14 and now am in a size 6 (shorts) but the scales doesn't say that. They still say I am obese and overweight. I think maybe I just shrank but the weight is still there. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and then think maybe you should quit the diet before your weight is gone?

Thanks for all of you input, I really appreciate it!

Peg
It doesn't matter what that scale says, go by how you feel and the way you look. Your clothes I am sure are much bigger than they used to be. I have shrunk from the waist up A LOT but to me my waist down has not shrunk at all. I DO have a lap now....lol....where as before I could barely see my knees, I now have an apron but I wear my body shaper to help hold it close to my body. I am not getting any smaller there as far as inches wise. That is where all of my fat is stored I suppose, If I could lift that part of my body and put it on a scale I know it would probably weigh 25-30lbs for sure. THAT is the part of my body that I hate. I am fitting into a size 20 pants (from walmart) as to when I started I was in a size 36pants at Catherine's because that is the ONLY place I could find pants. It will take some time for your mind to catch up to your body but you will get there

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all. Well, I am in a funk today, I've been getting on the scale every day and I know I shouldn't but cannot help it, I started weighing myself daily since I tried/failed at WW. Bottom line, the scale is not moving up or down.... I'm getting nervous cause I hit a plateau doing WW and 4 months later I was still at the same weight and I gave up. I was feeling so good about myself a couple weeks ago, now not so sure. I'm post menopausal so it is not hormones... don't know what to do.

Thanks for letting me vent, maybe that is what I needed. Have a great day all.
NOOOOOOO funk moods around here, the ONLY FUNK that can be around here is FUNKY music....hahaha....You are NOT going to FAIL....YOU will hold your head up, put a smile on your face and stay OP. YOU can do this, the past is in the past, today is the present and you are giving yourself a present of being and staying healthy so that your FUTURE will big bright and happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Hey everyone - I am having such a hard time this week. My girls' Dad came for my oldest daughter's graduation, and will fly back to Alaska tomorrow morning. I've been crying since he got here. I look at my girls and I feel so bad for them that we can't just be a family. It isnt' fair to them that two adults coudn't work out their differences, and so now they have to split their time. Not the way it was meant to be. Tomorrow will be a terrible day for me because I know how they have to feel inside, and their Dad too, when he has to leave. I've had that feeling before, and I hate it and I hate that anyone else has to have that feeling too.

I'm just sad today. Makes me want to eat and sleep - I'm determined to stay OP.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day.
What has happened between you and your ex is something that has happened to a lot of people, including me as well. When 2 people can't work it out its best to go their separate ways like that the kids don't have to see the fighting and disagreeing. Your kids are old enough to understand that, yes its hard for them but remember YOU are the one who needs to be happy. Your kids will grow up and leave and be happy, you don't have to stay unhappy so that they can be happy. I learned that over time, their lives have just begun. I have been divorced for almost 7 yrs now, my boys have always lived with me, their dad rarely comes to see them, they always have to go there. He is 3 hours away, when he does come to visit them I let him stay here so that he doesn't have to pay for a hotel. My oldest resents his dad and my youngest gets what he wants...he is the "golden" child in my ex's eyes. I love my boys both the same and they know it. I try to provide them with what they need, they are grown boys now. I have to learn to back off but its hard after doing it for 7 yrs....OOPS sorry didn't mean to make it so long but your children will understand more than you know.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hi Everyone! I want to wish everyone a 100% OP day today; let those pancreases rest away~~

My prayes and best wishes go out to everyone here today; I feel so blessed to be a part of this 3fc's IP community and to have found new friends all over the globe!!
Darralyn, I love having you as part of our family too. You always seem so upbeat and have a genuine heart. We can always count on you to be there with your words of encouragment. Thank you.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #44  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

I want to see if I have been able to change my Avitar
Old 05-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 148/146/110

WOW!!! You are all such an inspiration to me!! Every post I read makes me want to congratulate each one of you on not only your physical accomplishments but your emotional ones as well! Keep up the great work everyone!!
I hope you dont mind one more addition to the IP plan. Since I learned about it here I have been reading everything in site while I wait for my supplies to arrive. I bought them through the to go program. Until they arrive I am keeping carbs way down which is the opposite of how I usually eat. I am a fruit, cookies, and pretzel junkie. I would never have believed that statement in a million years because I dont eat those foods during the day - just on weekend nights while zoning out infront of the television. Naturally this turned into not just friday night but sat, sun, and now atleast 5 days a week! To counter the effects I was doing alot of green juice fasting days but over time this stopped working for me. - Shocker! My eating habits are awful as a result. I am dying to get off of the roller coaster which is hard as family members say every sunday night - lets fast theses next few days - noooooo! So I am thrilled that I may actually balance my blood sugar and develop consistent eating habits!
Thanks again to everyone here, your posts are so helpful!!
Closed Thread