Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

HELP!! my rhubarb is ready, and I know you can cook with WF jams for flavoring but not sure exactly how to cook it, do I add water? Do I cook it on the stove in a pot? how long do I cook it for? Anyone have a little more direction for me?
Old 05-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #107  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

It's been a crazy busy weekend so far, I organized our neighborhood garage sale yesterday and it was a success! I was able to close up my sale after less than 2 hours - I posted online about my 45lb loss closet cleanout and a woman read about it and cleaned me out! I still have ~18 shirts left I will post up on the clothing swap thread, but I got rid of a lot! Also survived my sons first trip to Chuck E Cheese. We are going to a downtown festival later this afternoon, bringing my IP snacks and water bottle!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I wanted to recommend a product for those of you who are craving noodles. It's called a spirooli. It's on amazon for about $35. I made noodles out of zucchini today and a home-made sugar-free, fat-free pasta sauce. yum! For those of you in p1, you can have tomatoes twice a week. They are an occasional veggie.

The spirooli worked wonderfully and was so simple to just pull out of the box and get right to it. I blanched the "noodles" in boiling water to make them a bit softer. They have no taste and the texture was the same as pasta noodles. Just one serving of these suckers is very filling.

It's definitely worth the $35 on this kitchen gadget!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Gahh my dad is making apple pie and it smells like heaven
I just walked into the kitchen and ask him what he's making and he's like "something you can't eat", lol.
Brutal eh! You could try making the Zucchini "baked apples" recipe......pretty good!!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I wanted to recommend a product for those of you who are craving noodles. It's called a spirooli. It's on amazon for about $35. I made noodles out of zucchini today and a home-made sugar-free, fat-free pasta sauce. yum! For those of you in p1, you can have tomatoes twice a week. They are an occasional veggie.

The spirooli worked wonderfully and was so simple to just pull out of the box and get right to it. I blanched the "noodles" in boiling water to make them a bit softer. They have no taste and the texture was the same as pasta noodles. Just one serving of these suckers is very filling.

It's definitely worth the $35 on this kitchen gadget!
I love this...BUT amazon U.S. cant ship it to Canada. So Amazon canada has this product but it' s $64.95......man o man!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #111  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon All...

Well Day 3 here for me...Thank God im day 3 cause day 2 was bad. I dont know if it was the cabbage i ate on day 1 or what but last night i found myself running to the bathroom...it was madness i tell you. I felt so weak all afternoon and evening. I ended up drinking a cup of low sodium chicken broth to try and replace some of the salt loss in my body. I guzzled down my water but i swear it was coming out of my body as fast as it was going in. I took an early night last night because i felt so horrible. It was unfortunate that i felt so nauseous.. i managed to get 3 packets in but the 8oz of protein for dinner was a no-fly as i felt so horrible. I did manage to make myself eat two cups of sliced cucumber though.. I figure its mostly water so it cant be too hard on the stomach, and then i went and took my weak body to bed for the night.

Day 3 is looking up, ive lost 3 pounds since day 1..so at least my scale is not going up..its finally going down. Im guessing that the first day i went up, was probably water retention from soy sauce. Day 3 is going good..Usually day 3 is the worst..i call it the hump day..but its not..Had a packet this morning and then couple hours later had a cup of cucumber and a cup of low sodium chicken broth again and lots of water...

Tonight im thinkin chicken..

Whats this i hear about zucchini apples???
Old 05-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #112  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

Here are three "apple" recipes.

faux apple dessert
large zucchini
cinnamon
Splenda

Preparation

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)

I made this in the microwave was yummy. If you sprinkle the splenda and the cinnamon and stir together before cooking you could just eat it like that, taste like an apple

Apple Crumble
Another idea is to add it on top of zucchini (I use 1 cup of my allotted veg from dinner or lunch), like an apple crumble...peel and slice zucchini into small-ish pieces (I cut 1/8" slices into quarters), season with spices (I use cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, and a tiny bit of stevia). Cook for a minute or so in microwave. Meanwhile mix the oatmeal with some water and olive oil (1/2tsp) until you get a 'crumble' consistency; then add on top of zucchini and cook for another couple of minutes. I would recommend having it with the vanilla RTE pudding that's been frozen for ~45min (and some WF caramel dip drizzled on top, if you're feeling indulgent).

Zucchini "Apple" Chips

Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
Sweet: 1 pkt Splenda mixed with cinnamon
Savory: Sea Salt and seasoning of your choice (I used a lemon herb seasoning)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).
Old 05-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #113  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
HELP!! my rhubarb is ready, and I know you can cook with WF jams for flavoring but not sure exactly how to cook it, do I add water? Do I cook it on the stove in a pot? how long do I cook it for? Anyone have a little more direction for me?
Here are some rhubarb recipes. Hope this gives you the guidance you need.
Molly

Rhubarb/Strawberry Desert;
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch

Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread
You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

Rhubarb Jello
Ingredients description
100 ml of water
500 ml of rhubarb
3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)
1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello
Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

Rhubarb Crisp
Preheat oven to 350 Spray a small dish with Pam ( I use a brie baker) Put about a cup cut up of Rhubarb in. Add a package of splenda or sweetner of choice Microwave for 2 minutes, mix it and if not tender give it another minute Mix a packet of IP oatmeal with about 2 ounces of water. Pour it over rhubarb and put it in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Rhubarb Cake
Prepare Rhubarb as for crisp Crush an unopened packet of crispy cereal with a rolling pin Beat two egg whites until frothy Add pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder; 1/4 teaspoon vanilla Fold in the crushed cereal Pour over the rhubarb mixture Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
Old 05-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning

First haircuts, upcoming weddings, newbees...what an exciting time!

I managed to get through the whole 5 gallon bucket of paint for the basement, so I went late afternoon yesterday and got some more. You know you're a homeowner when you are laying on your belly on a filthy cement basement floor in order to paint the wall behind some shelving.... I pushed myself very hard and am going to do the same today. My house was built as a one-room school house in 1919, converted to a residence in the late 1940's, and is a really solid, well made brick home. I love the idea that kids once learned here, and a lady drove by the other day and said that her mom had gone to school
Sewmam, I wish I could help you, you push yourself so hard! It sounds like a lovely home, we don't have a lot of brick homes around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Good Morning IP chicks!
Some happy news for me: I am no longer obese, but with a BMI of just under 30 I am now officially overweight instead. Who would have thought that being "overweight" is so great? I am also completely ditching all clothes sizes 16 and XL, my closet is practically empty. Will take stuff to goodwill, and probably, while I'm there, pick up some new to me things in smaller sizes. Aiming for 8-10 in the final stages here, so it'll be goodwill until then.
Have a fabulous Sunday, everyone!
That is awesome! Congratulations on your achievements, your hardwork is showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Morning all! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
I had WI 15 yesterday and my last week of p3 ended up with me gaining 1lb. Now, I did gain lean mass, which I have never done.. it always went down each week. I think the workouts are helping gain muscle. And I ate my p3 breakfast before going to WI, which I normally never have anything. She said that's good though.. and normal to gain a bit in p3 or 4.
Anyways, I had my "free" day right away because I want to get all my cravings out of my system before vacation this week. It worked. DH and I had an adventure going to our favorite restaurant and then the grocery store where we picked out our favorite candies and sweets. At the end of the day, I was looking forward to p1!! My stomach hurt.
Today I'm in p1 and I feel great about it. I was up 1-2lbs. I'm so glad I have p1 to fall back on. It feels great to get back to basics! Before, I was not looking forward to going back to p1 but now I'm so glad to have it. It feels like a sort of detox in a way. I may end up doing it again tomorrow. I'll decide that when I look at the scale tomorrow. I woke up this morning feeling like I had a food hangover. I've never felt so happy to be p1.
I just wanted to share with those of you who are struggling in p1 that YOU WILL GET TO EAT THOSE FOODS! On your free day in p4 you can enjoy them until you feel sick to your stomach. Stay strong ladies and gents!
Thank you for sharing this stage with us, it helps to be reminded there is light at the end of the tunnel! I'm glad you are felling better now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
~My excitement is waning this morning, I got about 5 pages done in the big book of IP recipes last night, only to wake up this morning and realize I might need to break them down into phase specific, which I can't really do on my own as I am a not-IP'er...with that being said, once it has all the content I'll put up a google doc and share the page with everyone so they can look at it and tell me what is all phase I vs. III or IV.
My blog is coming along slowly, really want to make it less busy than the first one was, trying to learn from my mistakes and make this one better, faster, stronger
And the hyper is back *sigh* well, it was a nice reprieve while it lasted. I hope everyone is having a great OP weekend and if you see the whoosh fairy, please send her my way, only .8 LBS until I hit my next "5 pound" marker and another charm for my bracelet (not to mention I'll be under 180 for the first time in 2 years).
Thank you so much for setting this up, I can see how helpful it will be for all of us! It looks really nice already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Well this is a huge weekend for me. We are camping for the first time this year..........on OP and staying strong. I am also working all weekend so I am driving back and forth, and my husband is staying with the kids. The kids are having chips, smores, hotdogs, licorice and me staying OP is just crazy. I still find it hard to believe I am in my 11th week and not strayed once. I actually am a bit fearful of phasing out and eating "regularly"
I was talking to a coworker this morning and I have said before that I am doing this kind of in secret from most, because I feel like people are saying......oh here she goes with another diet...so not many people know.......no one at work for sure. Anyway she asked what I was eating and i just said protein, veggies, and meat, no fruit no milk no breads...blah, blah, blah. She kinda got a disgusted look and said well how long are you going to this....forever? I said no I will phase out at some point and slowly starting eating more carbs. Her response was well that won't work for me.....LOL Drives me crazy how negative people can be and to my face. I am not wanting to defend what I am doing all the time, so mostly I just change the subject or keep it simple and quick, and she just reminded me this morning why I am keeping my mouth shut!
Anyway, looking forward to getting to the 140's, hopefully this week. I was down 30 lbs in 9weeks, pretty happy with that. Hope to get back and keep updated with everyone on here.
Have a great weekend everyone, staying OP!
Don't let negative people do that to you. I have a few people at work that are negative too. Sometimes it can be hard to not let it rub off on us. You are doing greatm you have awesome accomplishments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thanks again everyone for the well wishes and prayers for my mom. I spoke to her this morning and she is much better today. No more big head feeling. I went to a crawfish boil yesterday with 2 friends, both over weight. It was pay $8 all you can eat. I got me ONE platter which was about 3-4lbs with okra, onion and mushrooms with a bottle of water. I sat and ate my crawfish slowly and enjoyed it very much. They BOTH went back 5-6 times and have many many beers with corn and potatoes. I was satisfied with what I had. There were a few people I knew but they didn't realize it was me until I walked up to them and said Hey. They kept eating and I just sat and drank my water. TOTAL control for me, they asked if I had enough and I said yup, sure do....both said I don't see how you can do it. I told them Its mind over matter to me. I know its there, I don't need it so I don't want it. I LOVE THE WAY I LOOK AND FEEL that is ENOUGH for me! This morning unofficially down 2lbs...haha...I think I'm in control
Awesome! Your willpower is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon All...
Well Day 3 here for me...Thank God im day 3 cause day 2 was bad. I dont know if it was the cabbage i ate on day 1 or what but last night i found myself running to the bathroom...it was madness i tell you. I felt so weak all afternoon and evening. I ended up drinking a cup of low sodium chicken broth to try and replace some of the salt loss in my body. I guzzled down my water but i swear it was coming out of my body as fast as it was going in. I took an early night last night because i felt so horrible. It was unfortunate that i felt so nauseous.. i managed to get 3 packets in but the 8oz of protein for dinner was a no-fly as i felt so horrible. I did manage to make myself eat two cups of sliced cucumber though.. I figure its mostly water so it cant be too hard on the stomach, and then i went and took my weak body to bed
I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better now. If you look in the recipes thread the baked "apples" recipe will be there. They use zucchini in place of the apples, I haven't tried it, but i hear it is yummy.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

I'm happy to report that I lost 2.2 pounds and 1" off of my lower waist!

Wedding plans are moving along well, we have already found our church and reception site. On to dress shopping next weekend!

I hope you all are having lovely Sunday! It's 68 and sunny here, yeah!

Last edited by Stefany1769; 05-20-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #116  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

I just placed the peanut butter IP bar on a plate, microwaved it, and ate with a fork and a knife It was yummy, it felt like peanut butter pie!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #117  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
I just placed the peanut butter IP bar on a plate, microwaved it, and ate with a fork and a knife It was yummy, it felt like peanut butter pie!
That sounds yummy.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #118  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Some happy news for me: I am no longer obese, but with a BMI of just under 30 I am now officially overweight instead. Who would have thought that being "overweight" is so great? I am also completely ditching all clothes sizes 16 and XL, my closet is practically empty. Will take stuff to goodwill, and probably, while I'm there, pick up some new to me things in smaller sizes. Aiming for 8-10 in the final stages here, so it'll be goodwill until then.

Have a fabulous Sunday, everyone!
Good news indeed! I'll be happy to go from obese to overweight BMI status too.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Here are some rhubarb recipes. Hope this gives you the guidance you need.
Molly

Rhubarb/Strawberry Desert;
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch

Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread
You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

Rhubarb Jello
Ingredients description
100 ml of water
500 ml of rhubarb
3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)
1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello
Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

Rhubarb Crisp
Preheat oven to 350 Spray a small dish with Pam ( I use a brie baker) Put about a cup cut up of Rhubarb in. Add a package of splenda or sweetner of choice Microwave for 2 minutes, mix it and if not tender give it another minute Mix a packet of IP oatmeal with about 2 ounces of water. Pour it over rhubarb and put it in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Rhubarb Cake
Prepare Rhubarb as for crisp Crush an unopened packet of crispy cereal with a rolling pin Beat two egg whites until frothy Add pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder; 1/4 teaspoon vanilla Fold in the crushed cereal Pour over the rhubarb mixture Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
Is Rhubarb allowed on phase 1?
Old 05-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #120  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Gahh my dad is making apple pie and it smells like heaven
I just walked into the kitchen and ask him what he's making and he's like "something you can't eat", lol.
LOL. At least he understands and isn't trying to make you eat it.
Closed Thread