Old 04-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

Default Kona Kampachi fish?

Have you tasted Hawaiian Kona Kampachi fish? I went to Central Market to get some fish for kick off tomorrow and the fish guy shared that he has several ideal protein junkies come in daily for this fish. It has more Omega 3's than any fish and 40 g of protein per 6 oz.....this shocked me! Best part....no mercury or contaminates! It is a bit pricey but he said the ip'ers that he has say it keeps them full.

Has anyone tried it?
Jewelrydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

not yet - have tried several new fishes, including tillapia, that was great. I tend to like the mild ones, though I love salmon. Most of them are so spendy that I have to limit it, but the tillapia was cheaper. I loved the shrimp too, although my coach pointed out that it is higher in cholesteral, so I limit that.

If you try it - let us know how it was!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #3  

Never heard if it. Did you buy some? How pricey?
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #4  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hmmmm....I hit up Central Market (Plano, TX) every week and will have to try that one out. My dad was the Meat Market manager at H-E-B for years (just retired), I'll have to ask him if he's heard of it.

Booo - just called up my Central Market and the Seafood Manager told me they are out and not sure when they will get the next shipment since there's only one fishery in Hawaii and it is in high demand. I'll have to jump when I see it on the fish board next time!

From Google:
"Kona Kampachi is getting a lot of attention these days. With concern about sustainability, nutrition, and food safety rising, Kona Kampachi represents an ecologically responsible natural resource, rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and free of detectable mercury."
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

LizRR....You're in Plano? You're not far from me!!! I got it at the location in Southlake. They also have Halibut on sale this week starting today.

It is pricer but very tasty and has keep me really full! I marinated it and grilled it with some asparagus and couple mushrooms.
Jewelrydiva is offline   Reply With Quote