Old 04-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #1  

Default Newbie with a bunch of questions...

So I'm on day 4 of IP and have been reading this forum on a daily basis. I have also spoken to my coach who doesn't seem to be the most knowledgeable...I have also used the search option on this site to find the answers to my questions, but after scrolling through pages and pages I just got frustrated, so sorry if these have already been answered...

So here are my questions:

-gum? my coach says no, even sugar free...but I've read that many people here still chew it and have had no issues.. (i miss my gum)

-egg whites? again, my coach says no. But many people here seem to use them in their adapted recipes.

-vanilla extracts? the ones I have contain alcohol and I know the program says no alcohol, but I see a lot of people use them in their recipes, is there such a thing as an extract with no alcohol? or are these extracts with alcohol okay to use?

-combining IP packets with protein? I see a lot of people combining the two, is this allowed in Phase 1?

-recipes that make little "cupcakes" or "muffins"...since you are using one packet of IP products for these recipes, are you suppose to consume all of them in one sitting?

-can meals be spread out? or do you have to follow the schedule? Can I have 1 cup of veg in the afternoon and the other cup with my dinner, etc?

Sorry if these questions seems a little redundant...but any help/clarification would be greatly appreciated!
lildvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

here is my humble advice....if you are just starting don't bend any rules at all. For my first four months (that was 2-years ago...have been in maintenance for a year and now trying to lose another 10-15 pounds)...here is what I did 100% faithfully every day...

IP omelet packet for breakfast with 36 ounces of water and supplements

IP shake with lettuce cucumbers celery cabbage and evoo and vinegar with 36 ounces of water

meat (flank steak, pork tenderloin, filet mignon, chicken, fish, shrimp or scallops) with spinach, asparagus, brocolli, cauliflower, spinach, collards, or brussel sprout...steamed or sauteed with evoo and garlic. with 36 ounces of water

tea with small amount of vanilla shake

IP bar

I never strayed one ounce from that for almost 5 months...I did not chew gum or mix packets or taste anything else. I think it helped me because I needed to retrain my mind to control and to look at food as fuel and not fun. Since then I have been on at different times for reboots and have tweaked things but I am on this for the rest of my life now....and the weight I wanted to lose (85 pounds) is GONE!....yipppeee
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/197/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi
Just started IP and am on day 3, felt very sick this morning, and ate a egg white, why can't we eat the yolk. Made kale chips and turnup fries, they are sooooo good. How much can I have of these a day. Thanks
Happylady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happylady1 View Post
Hi
Just started IP and am on day 3, felt very sick this morning, and ate a egg white, why can't we eat the yolk. Made kale chips and turnup fries, they are sooooo good. How much can I have of these a day. Thanks
The yolk contains the fat. The Kale chips and turnip fries count as part of your 4 cups of veggies per day.

Last edited by Andie0606; 04-19-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildvl View Post
So I'm on day 4 of IP and have been reading this forum on a daily basis. I have also spoken to my coach who doesn't seem to be the most knowledgeable...I have also used the search option on this site to find the answers to my questions, but after scrolling through pages and pages I just got frustrated, so sorry if these have already been answered...

So here are my questions:

-gum? my coach says no, even sugar free...but I've read that many people here still chew it and have had no issues.. (i miss my gum)
All coaches are different mine allows sugar free and I have used it since day one

-egg whites? again, my coach says no. But many people here seem to use them in their adapted recipes.
again coaches are different, I can use egg whites if I need to for a snack but rarely do

-vanilla extracts? the ones I have contain alcohol and I know the program says no alcohol, but I see a lot of people use them in their recipes, is there such a thing as an extract with no alcohol? or are these extracts with alcohol okay to use?
its best to use the ones without but I have used the ones with because that is all I had. The amount you use are so small it is usually OK (IMO)
-combining IP packets with protein? I see a lot of people combining the two, is this allowed in Phase 1?
What do you mean combining them with protein?
-recipes that make little "cupcakes" or "muffins"...since you are using one packet of IP products for these recipes, are you suppose to consume all of them in one sitting?
If you are using ONE packet yes, you eat the whole thing in one sitting
-can meals be spread out? or do you have to follow the schedule? Can I have 1 cup of veg in the afternoon and the other cup with my dinner, etc?
You can spread your veggies out throughout the day as long as you get 4 cups total in. Remember lettuce is UNLIMITED so you can have as much as this as you what, whenever you want!
Sorry if these questions seems a little redundant...but any help/clarification would be greatly appreciated!
Of course my answers are from MY coach and worked for ME....everyone is different
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #6  

What I mean by combining protein with an IP pack, is that I've been reading some for the recipes and they will combine, say a chicken breast with an IP soup as a sauce (this is just an example)
lildvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #7  
Started IP 10/6/11

S/C/G: 256/160/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildvl View Post
What I mean by combining protein with an IP pack, is that I've been reading some for the recipes and they will combine, say a chicken breast with an IP soup as a sauce (this is just an example)
I would say no unless you only eat half of it at a time.
Goldenrod is offline   Reply With Quote