Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12 View Post
This is my 2nd week on IP, and so far, no weight loss. After seeing a 8.8 lbs loss last week, I was looking for atleast 1 lb drop.

I have been 100% OP and no cheats. I eat 1 restricted and 2 non-restricted foods each day along with the required veggies for lunch and dinner.

I am short, only 5 feet tall and currently 133.4. I hope I have not plateaued since I have 23lbs left to reach my ideal goal. Weigh in is on Saturday..

Any ideas to get me going?
So my mom has been stuck like that for about three weeks. She has been dieting for almost two years through different diets and she really does not have that much more to lose. But she was saying that she is not cheating but is hungry all day and no results. I was experiencing this too but still losing (not as much as I like). The coach recommended that we make sure that we are not in starvation mode which will keep your body from losing. So this meant that we needed to spread out the food we eat througout the day or even supplement some protien (egg whites, meats, etc) when feeling hunger and not just eating three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with the snack. She suggested that during times of hunger eating some (3 ounces) of the eight ounces of protein from the regular meal or even having a fourth ideal shake (worst case scenario)-either way it has to be protein. This has helped my mom to finally go down pounds. Either way make sure to talk to your coach or dr. about how you are doing the protocol so they can decipher what is keeping you from going down.

Oh and another thing was that my mom learned that some foods that you can have once and a while stall her out (tomatoes, 1tb of milk, etc). So it could be that. She eliminated her milk during for coffee and used an ideal protein product to help with the taste. Also she increased her water more than the recommendation and made sure to not eat too late. This made a difference too. So you never know what could be stalling you out.

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccrkeepr View Post
Had my 9th WI today, pretty dissapointed since i had no change in anything. My weight didnt change and my BF% didnt change. We didnt do measurements this week because my coach only does them every other week. The reason im really dissapointed is because this is first week i have stayed strictly OP. I didnt have a sprinkle of cheese or a dash more of milk, its my birthday on friday so i made a concious decision to stay on program this week so that i can have A drink on friday night. But, now i feel like saying "SCREW IT", im having cake....i probably wont, but, ill want to really bad.
Everyone has already given you great feedback. Take a look at my numbers, I gained during 2 of my 10 weeks and lost only.5 pound one week. But it all balances out - lost 3.6 this past week.

The critical thing is that when the losses aren't great, you need to stay the course bc within 2 weeks at most (usually) you will get a nice loss that averages out to an amount of loss per week that works for your body. Hope that makes sense. We're here to support you.

And on your birthday, give yourself a great gift of health and love by staying OP.

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-18-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I spent several hours today going through stuff in my basement, and one of the things I carried out to the truck for recycling were some old dumbell weights. It occurred to me that these represented the weight I had lost. I had a mixture of emotions, to sadness that my poor heart/lungs/bones/muscles/back had to deal with that for so long, and gratitude to IP for helping me to get rid of it all. It really is an amazing journey we are all on...

Spent another couple hours pulling ivy vines off the side of the house so that we can pressure wash it this weekend. Geeze, these things are tenacious. Had to go get more leather gloves and my hands are raw from the little thorns...but I made some progress. There's a point where even coffee doesn't help and I have to quit or risk hurting myself.

I am beyond freakin' tired...
Old 04-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

Default Starting IP tomorrow....

I'm starting program tomorrow and feeling a bunch of emotions all at the sametime. I had an appointment set for gastric sleeve surgery and all of a sudden felt like I needed to look into Ideal Protein.

I've battled with my weight since my husband and I went through 10 in vertro procedures and the pregnancy weights just all added up. So this is my last shot at trying to get my weight under control in hopes of feeling better about myself, not have so many breathing issues with my asthma and be able to sit on the ground and play with my kids.

I'm so excited to have found this group! Thanks for listening/reading.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelrydiva View Post
I'm starting program tomorrow and feeling a bunch of emotions all at the sametime. I had an appointment set for gastric sleeve surgery and all of a sudden felt like I needed to look into Ideal Protein.

I've battled with my weight since my husband and I went through 10 in vertro procedures and the pregnancy weights just all added up. So this is my last shot at trying to get my weight under control in hopes of feeling better about myself, not have so many breathing issues with my asthma and be able to sit on the ground and play with my kids.

Welcome and congratulations on making a great decision! I had considered the lap-band, but was too scared and actually didn't have the money for it. I'm so glad I chose IP. Just follow the rules and stick to it and it will work for you!!!

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:

Welcome! I found this board my first day and have quickly become addicted...I'm glad you've already found it!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default Goal

So,

I had the best birthday EVER (today)....I gave myself IP as a present last year (after my birthday) - I started 19 April...and today I had my 52nd weigh in...and I hit it!!

WOOHOO....GOAL!!!!

I started out in the daily and ended up in the 100%...so I felt the need to post in here.

GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!

I'm happy EVERYTHING right now - my cheeks hurt cause I'm smiling so much!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #113  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Like everyone else said WELCOME this site is addicting and I am probably the #1 addict....lol......I am SO happy you chose to look into IP instead of doing the surgery. You will find amazing results with this and will feel 100% better!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
So,

I had the best birthday EVER (today)....I gave myself IP as a present last year (after my birthday) - I started 19 April...and today I had my 52nd weigh in...and I hit it!!

WOOHOO....GOAL!!!!

I started out in the daily and ended up in the 100%...so I felt the need to post in here.

GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!

Congratulations !!! You really did an amazing job! Took alot less time than I did too... WOW!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #115  

Height: 5'2"

Well my first weigh in (second time around) and I lost 6lbs. That makes me "A Happy Lady". Also 6 inches gone.............Yeah!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklady231 View Post
Well my first weigh in (second time around) and I lost 6lbs. That makes me "A Happy Lady". Also 6 inches gone.............Yeah!
Congratulations !!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #117  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
So,

WOOHOO....GOAL!!!!

GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!

OMG....you just made me CRY!!!!1....CONGRATS!!!!...I won't make my goal by my anniversary but I will be close too it. I am sooooo happy for you....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
So,

WOOHOO....GOAL!!!!

What an amazing story and so inspirational...amazing what can happen in a year...so great to read while in week 3 - thanks for sharing and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Happy Wednesday everyone! Congrats on all of your successes!!!

I made it through Day 6. I am finally getting used to my vegetables! Yay!
So, I have been experiencing some "fog/hunger/lightheadedness" evey morning about 2 hours after I have my breakfast and about three hours after my lunch.
I have been doing the salt thing and having another packet, if needed. This morning I had a few pieces of red pepper, and it went right away. I am in ketosis, dark bugandy. Is this normal?

I am very excited to be OP!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #120  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Down another 5 pounds for a total of 40 I. 3 weeks. Only 5 this week. I weighed in to right about 12 hours early. I could not make it in for my morning weigh in tomorrow morning.
Closed Thread