Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the IP wildberry yogurt is a drink or is it thicker like actual yogurt? I'm getting ready to place an order and I'd really like to know. Thanks!
It does get thicker.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #77  

Eat-with-a-spoon thicker? Thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #78  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Back from my WI and down another 2 pounds and 1 inch. That brings me to 82 pounds and 49 1/2 inches at exactly 7 months today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
WOW Dana 82 pounds.. thats awesome!! great job
Old 04-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #79  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the IP wildberry yogurt is a drink or is it thicker like actual yogurt? I'm getting ready to place an order and I'd really like to know. Thanks!
If you use the amount of the water in the packet directions, it is a drink.
If you use less water it comes out thicker.

It has little bits of berries in it and if you like it as a drink or thicker, let it set for a minute or two to plump up the berry bits.

If you make it thicker, it is not-runny but will take some imagination to for it to seem like yoghurt.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #80  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I've haven't been told one way or another about it. In looking at the nutritional tables, I don't see much of a difference between the protein and calories of the drinks and puddings. Maybe a little difference in carbs. Is it because the blue/cran has the collagen in it? Why would that need to be limited? Did they say why?
There's another thread where collagen supplementation was being discussed, with some discussion of how much collagen the body efficiently absorbs. Someone posted that this rate of absorption is (probably) why we're told to take the items that have collagen just every other day.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I've haven't been told one way or another about it. In looking at the nutritional tables, I don't see much of a difference between the protein and calories of the drinks and puddings. Maybe a little difference in carbs. Is it because the blue/cran has the collagen in it? Why would that need to be limited? Did they say why?
I was told to only use collagen 2-3x/week because your body can develop a resistance to it...however my clinic didn't say anything about them being "extras," seemed to imply they would be a packet for the day...

Also, I've really enjoyed reading this today - I do every day but some really good information today! Last night was the first night (day 17) that I had the urge to snack at night. Not sure what was going on...I had been reading sewmam's posts about the mental journey earlier in the day and was glad I did because it had me in a better state of mind to deal with it. I decided to just go to bed!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
If you use the amount of the water in the packet directions, it is a drink.
If you use less water it comes out thicker.

It has little bits of berries in it and if you like it as a drink or thicker, let it set for a minute or two to plump up the berry bits.

If you make it thicker, it is not-runny but will take some imagination to for it to seem like yoghurt.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Default Question/concern

Good afternoon everyone! I have a question/concern...my daughter started on the Alternatives last Thursday, we are doing it like IP, but she is not feeling good still....she has PCOS, and takes Metformin (for the PCOS, not Diabetes) and a diuretic, plus her vitamins, etc. She was iron deficient at one time, but took Iron supplements (I think she still might be) to help with that. She just doesn't feel good, dizziness, a headache, and what she describes as pressure in her head. I have made a notebook for her with everything I received for IP, so she knows the first week or so is tough, but just want to check in with the experts here to make sure that we are doing everything correctly considering her medications. I have my WI today and will post later, I feel like I have lost more inches than weight This week, I'll take it! Thanks everyone for being such an inspiration, I am here everyday even if I don't post....
Old 04-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

sigh ... leaving @ 4:30 to go to my first WI. and Im a wreck. I really want to do well on this program ... I have been diligent. but Im scared to death I wont have a good first WI. Im never this hard on myself. Feeling foolish ...
:-(
Old 04-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #85  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
I was told to only use collagen 2-3x/week because your body can develop a resistance to it...however my clinic didn't say anything about them being "extras," seemed to imply they would be a packet for the day...

Also, I've really enjoyed reading this today - I do every day but some really good information today! Last night was the first night (day 17) that I had the urge to snack at night. Not sure what was going on...I had been reading sewmam's posts about the mental journey earlier in the day and was glad I did because it had me in a better state of mind to deal with it. I decided to just go to bed!
When high protein diets were all the rage in the 70s, manufacturers used gelatin and collagen as the main protein sources in powdered drinks (because they are far cheaper sources than whey, egg or soy proteins) and some people did get sick because those products do not contain all the amino acids you need AND they were the only protein source those people were using.

If the Cran Drink is still the same as May, 2011 (Collagen protein, citric acid, blueberry juice powder, natural flavour fruits, citric & malic acid, cranberry
juice powder, pomegranate juice powder, calcium gluconate, calcium glycinate, acesulfame potassium, calcium citrate, sucralose, silicon dioxide)
then collagen is the only protein source in that drink.

I can't imagine that one per day--assuming the other 2 packets and 8 oz of "meat/fish" or eggs are also consumed each day--would be a concern as over the course of the day all amino acids would be covered; I am not a nutritionist or scientist, I base this on the vegetarian food combining concept that food does not need to be combined at each meal just over the course of a day.

Maybe some coaches have been trained to err on the side of caution--limiting use to every other day or less--might also depend on the nutrition background of the coach. Perhaps the one that said they are "extra" has the concern over the amino acid issue and wants to make sure a person has at least the baseline of only the complete amino acid proteins.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #86  
mbw

Hello everyone. I just got back from my WI and I'm down 4.4lbs! I've lost a total of 17 lbs in three weeks!!! woohoo!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #87  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Good afternoon everyone! I have a question/concern...my daughter started on the Alternatives last Thursday, we are doing it like IP, but she is not feeling good still....she has PCOS, and takes Metformin (for the PCOS, not Diabetes) and a diuretic, plus her vitamins, etc. She was iron deficient at one time, but took Iron supplements (I think she still might be) to help with that. She just doesn't feel good, dizziness, a headache, and what she describes as pressure in her head. I have made a notebook for her with everything I received for IP, so she knows the first week or so is tough, but just want to check in with the experts here to make sure that we are doing everything correctly considering her medications. I have my WI today and will post later, I feel like I have lost more inches than weight This week, I'll take it! Thanks everyone for being such an inspiration, I am here everyday even if I don't post....
My daughter also has pcos. She hates metformin and doesn't take it. I think your daughter should not take it. Have her go off if it and see if she feels better. My pharmasist believes that if these girls would quit eating the junk they have been eating for years the pcos will go away on its own.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildvl View Post
Hi, I'm on day 2 of the program. I used to be a big gum chewer and I know its a no no. I was wondering if it's safe to use those Listerine sheets, the ones that just melt in your mouth, or even the listerine spray? I know Binaca is okay, but I cant find it anywhere! thanks
I chew sugar free gum constantly....I usually half the stick so in doing that I may only have two full sticks a day. I don't seem to have a problem with weight loss and I know WUV chews gum as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustybuns View Post
Omg... so happy for today... I was excited to have my first weigh in... week one done... and I am down 9.5. How amazing is this.
That is crazy weight loss....good for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
sigh ... leaving @ 4:30 to go to my first WI. and Im a wreck. I really want to do well on this program ... I have been diligent. but Im scared to death I wont have a good first WI. Im never this hard on myself. Feeling foolish ...
Bet it will be great. Good luck....waiting for the results to be posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw View Post
Hello everyone. I just got back from my WI and I'm down 4.4lbs! I've lost a total of 17 lbs in three weeks!!! woohoo!
Great job!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

thanks kelly .... I hope so ...

I was "doin it wrong" my first 3 days... lol I was drinking so much water I wasnt getting all my IP Packets in ... sigh.

Ive "got it down" now so lets hope I didnt tank myself lol
Old 04-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
I saw one of your earlier posts where you said you'd like to lose 10 lbs. at this weigh in. That might be a little unrealistic. I don't think I've read of anyone who has lost that much in one week. I could be wrong. Try to relax; you are going to do just fine. Water weight alone will be several pounds at least. If you've remained 100% OP, you can't NOT lose!
Closed Thread