Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 194/162.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I don't weigh in until Friday, and have been staying 100% OP, but I feel like I'm not budging this week for some reason. Yesterday someone mentioned that even though they are not restricted, the turnip/rutabaga fries are higher in carbs and may slow weight loss so I'm wondering if it could be that - since that's one of my go-to favorites! I also went back to 1 restricted a day - last week I did NO restricteds and my loss was better - 3 lbs. Has anyone found that even though restricteds are allowed 1/day, that it tends to slow weight loss? Wuv, I know you have said you have had restricteds from day 1, and Sewmam, I don't remember seeing you comment on this - but would be interested to know from you and others who have been super successful on IP. During your journeys did you have any tricks for kick-starting things when they seemed to slow?

I hit a small plateau a few weeks ago and my coach got me through it by cutting all restricted...it worked! I was able to go back to the 1 per day but try to limit to 3 per week.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Good morning! It's WI day! . I finished my first week and it was great. I hope the scale says the same this morning.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone, I've been away from the boards for a bit and it's so good to get back and read about everyone's success. I had a bit of a "fall off the wagon" but am back on plan again. It was truly an eye opener to see how awful I felt when I ate some not so good for you food. I did the mini-phase off for a vacation and made good food choices and didn't feel bad physicall, boy oh boy was it a different story this past week. I read some advice Wuv gave someone about phasing off properly if you are going to take a break from the diet and I have to say she is right. After being off the diet the right way and the wrong way I can tell you it makes a big difference---that and making good food choices. Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I broke my plateau by adding a restricted. I never used to have them. Now I do.
I think it is really timing. The weight will come off, but because we are all forever tinkering it is very hard to pinpoint why some weeks are better than others.

I try to look at it like this...as long as you are in ketosis it shouldn't really matter if you have 20 or 30 gms of carbs. You should be burning fat.

The difference is the vegetables is negligible. Stock with foods you like to eat and you will feel less deprived.

Hope everyone has a successful day!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good morning I P family!

Good news / Bad news today.

Bad first... I don't think I got all my veggies in yesterday.... I hope it doesn't ruin my loss this week. and the reason why is...

My good news! My DD delivered a baby girl yesterday! (so, I was at hospital all day, which is why not as many veggies as I should have. But I did drink a lot of water and went to the cafe and had the worst hamburger patty and overcooked cauliflower ever - in an attempt to stay OP!)
Welcome to Aubrey Grace!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Congrats! Sounds like you did just fine!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps.... well my first WI is this eve... and Im nervous. I dont get nervous easily... more like anxiously excited. I will admit to my mind playin
tricks on me. Im worried about not seeing a notable weight loss for my first weigh in.

I want to see a 7-10lbs loss. I will smile at a 5-7lbs loss. I will be pissed at anything under 5 lbs. BUT I will look fwd to working harder....

sigh.... wishing everyone successful WI's.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Billster: Congrats on upcoming nuptials! Sounds like you have a great plan for the big day ... wish we were IRL friends!

Cadu: I hear you about the exercise..... I've been meaning to get more in myself, but my life has been non-stop lately. I know, I know, I could do it if I really wanted to.... but like I said, it's something I'm working on. lol

Sewmam: Your enthusiasm is inspiring! I think I'll go take down the winter curtains in my kitchen. It's time for a spring look!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #24  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

I had my second weigh in yesterday. I didn't feel like I lost anything at all. Told my coach that when I walked in. I was on plan, just sorta felt blah. (It should be my TOM soon and that usually makes me feel fat fat fat.) Anyway .... down 5 more pounds and 5 more inches! I think that I lost all of that early last week and have been at a plateau and maybe that's why I didn't feel thinner.

It got me thinking....I was SO surprised one day to wake up one day and be overweight! Somehow I didn't know it was coming. Now, I'm just as surprised to be losing weight. There has been a huge disconnect between my mind and body. I hope that sticking OP and seeing progress will teach me about the connection between how I live, what I think, and what I eat.

Congrats to everyone...keep it going!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone! I’m just getting into work to start my 6th of 11 night shifts in a row (gross!) A little disappointed with my WI into day, only down 2lbs but its still 2 lbs. My system is all a mess right now as I normally WI first thing in the morning before I eat and this one was still first thing in the morning BUT I worked all night so it was the end of the day for me. I threw out a pile of clothing the other day, it sure felt good but now I don’t have much to wear and I really don’t want to buy anything new until I’m at my goal. 33 days till our wedding!
Billster,
I am excited for you and your upcoming wedding!! What is the actual date? My 10 year wedding anniversary is in a month, May 18th.

Please tell us more details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody
I am up at the crack of dawn as usual, Even though I have not been working since december I still get up at 5 am. Its funny how we get in to routines and they just stick with us. I hope some of the things I am doing on this program become habit and stick with me well in to maintanence. Today my goal is to start getting some exercise in. hmmmm, maybe I should go do that this morning instead of sitting here having my 2nd coffee.... Then again, I do enjoy that 2nd coffee, I think I will do it later.. lol

Have a wonderful OP day.
Hi Cadu,
I'm up by 5:15 at least 3 mornings a week and after letting my dogs out, I get my coffee and my laptop and check in here! I am truly addicted to this website! I tell my husband about some of the people here, showed him Wuv's pics (he agrees she's gorgeous, hear that Wuv? It's unanimous!)

I exercise a lot but am going to start "Callanetics" today. It will sculpt your body into a ballet dancer's shape and once the fat layer is burned off, voila!, an especially attractive shape (at least in my eyes). Take a look at Callanetics (goolge it), its wonderful for anyone who wants to do low impact and get fast and sustainable results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Good Morning! I am up and working, enjoying my second cup of coffee. Later on today I go for my first weigh in, so I want to make sure I have as much of my work done as possible before I leave (I work from home and it never fails - when I leave the house, they need something!)

I am not sure which new packets I will try this week. Luckily my clinic sells them ala carte so I can try new things before I purchase an entire box. This is great, because there are a few things I tried this first week that I will definitely not try again. For one, the blueberry-cran-whatever drink. Mixed it up as my snack yesterday and had to pour it out and choose something else. I'm not crazy about the texture of the puddings, but will definitely get a few more to use in the great recipes you guys have posted.
I would have to say my favorite packets I tried this week, besides the chocolate and vanilla drinks, were the peach-mango drink, both eggs omlettes, and surprisingly the mashed potato.

Once I leave my weigh in, I am going to the nearby Whole Foods to finally buy rhubarb! I can't wait to try this after reading so many wonderful posts about it. What an awesome way to get in another vegetable! I'm not sure which I am most excited about - seeing my scale results after my first week, or trying rhubarb for the first time - LOL!! My, how things are changing. Not too long ago, I would have rewarded a loss with a Snickers!

Have a great day everyone! I hope I have good news to share later on.
That's a great NSV!! No snickers! Congrats!!

Other news: Had my 10th WI this morning and down 3.6 pounds. Very happy about that. You can see the previous 2 weeks were pretty minimal (.5 and 1.3) so my body is catching up, as I knew it would. That makes 25 pounbds in 10 weeks, halfway there!

Big question: On May 19th I leave for 2.5 weeks in France and Italy, on a food and wine trip wtih m y husband (our 10th anniversary trip). I need to phase off. I have been reading the stickies re other phases, the "Maintainers" thread, "Life after Phase 1" thread. Still have lots of reading to do.

Any advice from those who have done this successfully is much appreciated.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Wow, so much going on in here today!

billsbride, congrats on your upcoming wedding! So exciting!!!

3sisters - I was the one who mentioned turnip. Yes, they are on the allowed list but they are higher in carbs than the other veggies we get. So if you have turnips daily you're getting more carbs on average...and if you have them on a day when you have a higher carb restricted, like the cookie (23g!!) or some of the bars, then you do run the risk of pushing yourself out of ketosis or not having as strong a response. Talk to your coach for sure, but this is not only what I've heard but what I've seen from a friend that would eat turnip fries all the time and it really slowed her down. Now she doesn't eat any turnip at all.

For those looking to jump start loss again two options I'm aware of include the cleanse (especially after week four) and boot camp. There are lots of posts on the cleanse and I have no clue whether I buy into it or not as a good option but I think I'm going to try it next week just in case. Boot camp is simply swapping out restricteds for regular packs for a week. Can work, for sure, but remember - you do need a certain amount of carbs in order to function! So it's not something you want to do week after week but every once in a while it might help.

usmcvet - I've heard there are some pickles that are particularly good on IP. I can ask what the brand is if you'd like! I'm not a pickle fan so it's not top of mind, but I know a friend recently bought the 'good' ones in little individual cup sized servings and loves them!

Good luck to everyone weighing in today, including me!

kbig - totally understand the nerves, I get nervous every week! While I'm pretty much sure I'll lose there's always that nervous anticipation. Good luck tonight!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Big question: On May 19th I leave for 2.5 weeks in France and Italy, on a food and wine trip wtih m y husband (our 10th anniversary trip). I need to phase off. I have been reading the stickies re other phases, the "Maintainers" thread, "Life after Phase 1" thread. Still have lots of reading to do.

Any advice from those who have done this successfully is much appreciated.
I have to phase off for a vacation May 23rd and my coach wants me to do 10 days of phase 3 before vacation and 1 week of phase 2 before that. She wants me to stay on phase 1 as long as possible for maximum weight loss before I see my family. I normally hear about people doing 2 weeks of phase 2 and another 2 weeks of phase 3 but phase 3 is the really important one and if you can only do a week of phase 2 then that's fine.

So you can probably do phase 1 until 4/28 and then swap to Phase 2 until the 6th. Do phase 3 the 6th until you're vacation and on vacation try to stick to phase 4 protocol. Woo hoo sounds fun!

Last edited by CassiR; 04-17-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Mylastdiet - I really didn't like the blueberry cran drinks either at first then i added more water to them and they tasted pretty good. I think some of the food at first doesn't taste great but as you stay on the diet and try again, they magically improve!

Dakin- I would call that wonderful news! Congrats on the new baby!

To everyone else who has a WI today, myself included, good luck! This diet works, just stick with it! 100%.

Have a great day!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I don't weigh in until Friday, and have been staying 100% OP, but I feel like I'm not budging this week for some reason. Yesterday someone mentioned that even though they are not restricted, the turnip/rutabaga fries are higher in carbs and may slow weight loss so I'm wondering if it could be that - since that's one of my go-to favorites! I also went back to 1 restricted a day - last week I did NO restricteds and my loss was better - 3 lbs. Has anyone found that even though restricteds are allowed 1/day, that it tends to slow weight loss? Wuv, I know you have said you have had restricteds from day 1, and Sewmam, I don't remember seeing you comment on this - but would be interested to know from you and others who have been super successful on IP. During your journeys did you have any tricks for kick-starting things when they seemed to slow?
I had restricteds from the beginning, but I did track how many, and usually kept it to 3-4/week. Didn't pay much attention to the turnip carb count, but didn't have them very often anyway, and when I did, it was a little bit in a stir fry or soup. I did notate how many times I had the tomatoes or things on the 'limited' list. I mostly had the same old things every day...mushrooms, green peppers, green onions, zuchini, cauliflower, brocoli. Large salad at dinner, and later on, a large salad at lunch too, along with my soup. Tried to vary the meat, mostly turkey or chicken, sometimes beef, pork loin (very lean), vegee burgers, fish. I had stalls, but just kept plowing away, making sure I got the water in, and having fun experimenting with spices and WF stuff. Anything is worth trying, as long as it is OP, though! My breakfast was the banana pudding made into a drink over ice for the longest time - I didn't notice till later that it had the lowest carbs of the IP stuff, so maybe that helped.

Towards the end, my rate definitely slowed, and I figured my body was less willing to give up those few remaining pounds, so I started the phase off process.

Keep it up and good luck!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/140

Does anyone have the most recent Phase 1 Worksheet? Reason I ask is I would like to confirm whether green cabbage is allowed or not. I thought it was but being online this morning I saw one worksheet that said red, bok choy and one other one only.
Closed Thread