Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/17/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2

Good Morning! Week two starts today for me. (ok, so really it isn't yet the end of Monday..lol but as I drive 100km (62miles) each morning to work, I am not on the computer. Plus teaching keeps me off the computer.)

Anyhow.. Happy Tuesday! Happy IPing!!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Happy Tuesday everyone! I’m just getting into work to start my 6th of 11 night shifts in a row (gross!) A little disappointed with my WI into day, only down 2lbs but its still 2 lbs. My system is all a mess right now as I normally WI first thing in the morning before I eat and this one was still first thing in the morning BUT I worked all night so it was the end of the day for me. I threw out a pile of clothing the other day, it sure felt good but now I don’t have much to wear and I really don’t want to buy anything new until I’m at my goal. 33 days till our wedding!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone! I’m just getting into work to start my 6th of 11 night shifts in a row (gross!) A little disappointed with my WI into day, only down 2lbs but its still 2 lbs. My system is all a mess right now as I normally WI first thing in the morning before I eat and this one was still first thing in the morning BUT I worked all night so it was the end of the day for me. I threw out a pile of clothing the other day, it sure felt good but now I don’t have much to wear and I really don’t want to buy anything new until I’m at my goal. 33 days till our wedding!
Billster 2 pounds is awesome, take it and celebrate it. 33 days till your wedding? how exciting, talk about a great motivator. You are gonna look and feel great on your wedding day.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:25 AM   #5  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Good Morning everybody
I am up at the crack of dawn as usual, Even though I have not been working since december I still get up at 5 am. Its funny how we get in to routines and they just stick with us. I hope some of the things I am doing on this program become habit and stick with me well in to maintanence. Today my goal is to start getting some exercise in. hmmmm, maybe I should go do that this morning instead of sitting here having my 2nd coffee.... Then again, I do enjoy that 2nd coffee, I think I will do it later.. lol

Have a wonderful OP day.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #6  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning! I am up and working, enjoying my second cup of coffee. Later on today I go for my first weigh in, so I want to make sure I have as much of my work done as possible before I leave (I work from home and it never fails - when I leave the house, they need something!)

I am not sure which new packets I will try this week. Luckily my clinic sells them ala carte so I can try new things before I purchase an entire box. This is great, because there are a few things I tried this first week that I will definitely not try again. For one, the blueberry-cran-whatever drink. Mixed it up as my snack yesterday and had to pour it out and choose something else. I'm not crazy about the texture of the puddings, but will definitely get a few more to use in the great recipes you guys have posted.
I would have to say my favorite packets I tried this week, besides the chocolate and vanilla drinks, were the peach-mango drink, both eggs omlettes, and surprisingly the mashed potato.

Once I leave my weigh in, I am going to the nearby Whole Foods to finally buy rhubarb! I can't wait to try this after reading so many wonderful posts about it. What an awesome way to get in another vegetable! I'm not sure which I am most excited about - seeing my scale results after my first week, or trying rhubarb for the first time - LOL!! My, how things are changing. Not too long ago, I would have rewarded a loss with a Snickers!

Have a great day everyone! I hope I have good news to share later on.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #7  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning!
Good luck with your WI's today! Working hard for mine this Friday! It's gonna be a beautiful day here.
Looking to get a rowing device. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Ducksmy; 04-17-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Good Morning! I am up and working, enjoying my second cup of coffee. Later on today I go for my first weigh in, so I want to make sure I have as much of my work done as possible before I leave (I work from home and it never fails - when I leave the house, they need something!)

I am not sure which new packets I will try this week. Luckily my clinic sells them ala carte so I can try new things before I purchase an entire box. This is great, because there are a few things I tried this first week that I will definitely not try again. For one, the blueberry-cran-whatever drink. Mixed it up as my snack yesterday and had to pour it out and choose something else. I'm not crazy about the texture of the puddings, but will definitely get a few more to use in the great recipes you guys have posted.
I would have to say my favorite packets I tried this week, besides the chocolate and vanilla drinks, were the peach-mango drink, both eggs omlettes, and surprisingly the mashed potato.

Once I leave my weigh in, I am going to the nearby Whole Foods to finally buy rhubarb! I can't wait to try this after reading so many wonderful posts about it. What an awesome way to get in another vegetable! I'm not sure which I am most excited about - seeing my scale results after my first week, or trying rhubarb for the first time - LOL!! My, how things are changing. Not too long ago, I would have rewarded a loss with a Snickers!

Have a great day everyone! I hope I have good news to share later on.
re. the blue/cran drink...if you still have a packet, try combining it with the premade vanilla drink, extra water, over ice. It evens out the flavor, no aftertaste. I used it for lots of the IP drinks and puddings.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #9  

Good morning everybody! I was so tired last night I fell asleep by about 8, so when I woke up at 4 to go to the bathroom, I stayed up. It's still dark out here, but there's something about getting an early jump on the day that I like. So much to do, once I finish my pot of tea and get out of bed.

Anyway, I had a successful weigh-in for Phase 4 yesterday, so this week, my goals are to continue to get the food choices and frequency to a more intuitive thing, get the exercise ball out of the basement (when I was so heavy, I was afraid to use it and fall off), try to get more walking in if it is warm enough out, get back to my basement cleaning/painting. I need to really push hard on the house stuff, because in May I want to start adding time to practice my music and create some mini artquilts for a festival in June.

That's about it! Hope everyone has a splendid day and is as excited about life as I am.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #10  

Question...I've seen some posts where people are afraid they are drinking too much water and that is hindering their weight loss. I thought we could drink all the water we can manage? It was not getting enough to keep the kidneys flushed that was a problem.

Does anybody know - is there an upper limit to how much water we should have? Is it tied to a current body weight or something, and do you know why it hinders weight loss?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I can't wait to hear about your wedding! Keep up the hard work. I'm worried I wont loose this week. Its just the doubt in the back of my hear. 2 pounds is great. Especially working the tough schedule you have. Nights are tough! I know when I didn't get enough sleep I would eat more. So you're obviously working it.

I stayed up late mast night and didn't eat after dinner. Something I always did in the past.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #12  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Good Morning everyone!

I don't weigh in until Friday, and have been staying 100% OP, but I feel like I'm not budging this week for some reason. Yesterday someone mentioned that even though they are not restricted, the turnip/rutabaga fries are higher in carbs and may slow weight loss so I'm wondering if it could be that - since that's one of my go-to favorites! I also went back to 1 restricted a day - last week I did NO restricteds and my loss was better - 3 lbs. Has anyone found that even though restricteds are allowed 1/day, that it tends to slow weight loss? Wuv, I know you have said you have had restricteds from day 1, and Sewmam, I don't remember seeing you comment on this - but would be interested to know from you and others who have been super successful on IP. During your journeys did you have any tricks for kick-starting things when they seemed to slow?

Last edited by 3sisters; 04-17-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #13  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I don't weigh in until Friday, and have been staying 100% OP, but I feel like I'm not budging this week for some reason. Yesterday someone mentioned that even though they are not restricted, the turnip/rutabaga fries are higher in carbs and may slow weight loss so I'm wondering if it could be that - since that's one of my go-to favorites! I also went back to 1 restricted a day - last week I did NO restricteds and my loss was better - 3 lbs. Has anyone found that even though restricteds are allowed 1/day, that it tends to slow weight loss? Wuv, I know you have said you have had restricteds from day 1, and Sewmam, I don't remember seeing you comment on this - but would be interested to know from you and others who have been super successful on IP. During your journeys did you have any tricks for kick-starting things when they seemed to slow?
I have had a restricive every single day since I started. I have lost every single week and am averaging a loss of almost 4 pounds per week.
I have had some weeks where I walk in to WI and say "I dont think I lost anything this week" I didnt feel like I lost. but the scale said differently. I am not sure about the turnips/ rutabaga fries, I stick with the same veggies every week. (cucumbers, cauliflower, brocoli, zuchini, spinach)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Billster 2 pounds is awesome, take it and celebrate it. 33 days till your wedding? how exciting, talk about a great motivator. You are gonna look and feel great on your wedding day.
I’m happy with 2 lbs BUT it was 2 lbs in 2 weeks (I didn’t have a WI last week due to easter). So that got me a lil bummed but I’m sure the WI at the end of my day didn’t help nor TOM. Still a loss! Yes wedding in 33 days, can’t wait! It’s nothing big just some friends over to our house for a huge BBQ, we have been together since we were 18 and turned 28 this year, so we felt it was time as we would like to start our family next year. I have planned my menu to be able to stay OP that day! Our friends are so supportive as well that they have given me ideas to ensure I eat that day and stay OP (so sweet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I can't wait to hear about your wedding! Keep up the hard work. I'm worried I wont loose this week. Its just the doubt in the back of my hear. 2 pounds is great. Especially working the tough schedule you have. Nights are tough! I know when I didn't get enough sleep I would eat more. So you're obviously working it.

I stayed up late mast night and didn't eat after dinner. Something I always did in the past.
That’s HUGE NSV not eating late into the night! I was a big night eater before the program, now I NEVER eat after 8pm, when I’m on nights never after 6am. When I would work a big stack of night shifts before I relied on chocolate, fatty foods and sugar to keep me going, no I just have a second cup of coffee around 2am and that keeps me going till the end of my shift and the hour drive home! It’s started snowing/ raining here throughout the night which always causes me some anxiety for the highways!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #15  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I need to ditch the pickles and watch my salt intake, starting to see some swelling in my shins again.
Closed Thread