Old 04-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #1  
started IP 2/25/12

S/C/G: 174/141.8/130

Height: 5'3"

Default No restricted packets??

Hey everyone! I had my 6th weigh in today and am down another 1.8 for a total of 17.4. My weight loss has been slow and steady and I'm fine with it because I was able to buy a dress the other day that was 2 sizes smaller than I normally do. I see progress and am loving what I see in the mirror. My coach said that I should try using no restricted packets this week to see if we can get a bigger loss next week. I'm fine with that and will do it but wanted to see if anybody else has heard of that? Also, while I'd love to be dropping 3 & 4 pounds a week, I realize 2 or 2.5 may be more realistic for me. Would love to hear your thoughts!
Jelbeangrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #2  
started IP 2/25/12

oh yes, I was measured 2 weeks ago and have lost 21 inches. Will be measured again next week
Old 04-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #3  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbeangrl View Post
Hey everyone! I had my 6th weigh in today and am down another 1.8 for a total of 17.4. My weight loss has been slow and steady and I'm fine with it because I was able to buy a dress the other day that was 2 sizes smaller than I normally do. I see progress and am loving what I see in the mirror. My coach said that I should try using no restricted packets this week to see if we can get a bigger loss next week. I'm fine with that and will do it but wanted to see if anybody else has heard of that? Also, while I'd love to be dropping 3 & 4 pounds a week, I realize 2 or 2.5 may be more realistic for me. Would love to hear your thoughts!
Hi Jelbean -

You sound like you have my coach. My weight loss was not what she expected and she had me stop all the restricteds. I did and had somewhat better loss, but then was still not on restricteds and it went back to 2 and then just 1. Sometimes less carbs "shocks" the body and then sometimes it's more carbs that do the trick. If you follow Wuv2bloved, you'll see that after 40+ weeks, she was put on phase 2 and 3 to get her system loss jump started again.

Seems like around weeks 6-8, there is a readjustment the body does. I've heard lots of chatter about that time frame in the diet. When I look back, week 7 was where I was down to the 1 lbs loss mark.

Also, sometimes with the body readjustment, you'll lose fat and replace it with muscle. Muscle weighs more, so you might show a small loss, but your inches will be good. All kinds of things can affect it.

Do not compare yourself to anyone or the sales hype of 3+ pounds a week. We're all different. Hang in there. Read the posts daily and never be afraid to ask questions.

Hope that helps.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #4  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I think you are doing great! Everyone loses at their own pace and it seems as if you are aware of that. I've seen other members that gave up restricteds and lost more; and, I've seen people who lost less that week. Sometimes altering the carbs will "trick" the body just because it's faced with something different. I've also seen where people added more fat or less fat. Sometimes people eat only fish for their protein. There are all kinds of "tricks" out there, but who knows if they really do work. I wouldn't really change anything unless I hit a true stall. Of course, I suppose it won't hurt to try what your coach wants as long as you are ok losing less that week. It seems that would be the worse that would happen. The first thing I suggest when people say they aren't losing "enough" lbs each week is to make sure you are eating everything you are supposed to eat. Get in enough oil, eat 8 oz protein for dinner, have a restricted once a day. The first thing you would do is add more if you aren't getting enough. This diet is already restrictive. The idea of taking things away doesn't really set well with me. Good luck this week and let us know how you do. Just make sure you're getting all of your oil, lol!!!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Do you eat them one per day? Try every other day for a week to change things up. If you really won't miss them give them up for the full seven days. It's good to change things up... Good luck!

I change things up just to see what will happen and I went from having a restricted a day to three a week (for one week) and that make a big difference in my loss.

Last edited by New Englander; 04-06-2012 at 06:00 PM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Like everybody else, people try different things to change things up. Maybe it shocks the body, I don't know. I used to write down goals every week of how many restricted I'd have, what new vegees or recipes to try, just to keep it interesting. I think sometimes the same vegees everyday lull the body into complacency too, but what do I know?

I kinda wish I had been able to at least walk or do strength training from the beginning too, but I was physically unable to, until now. That's the way it goes. Maybe it could help you?

Good luck - you are doing a great job!!!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I just went back and read your original post again. I just want to hit on one thing most of all.... You are already conquering this diet. I love how you are not stressed and not trying to keep up with other dieters' losses. You started out at a lower weight than most of us, and you are doing just fine. I'm just so proud of your attitude that I wanted to comment on it.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #8  
started IP 2/25/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I just went back and read your original post again. I just want to hit on one thing most of all.... You are already conquering this diet. I love how you are not stressed and not trying to keep up with other dieters' losses. You started out at a lower weight than most of us, and you are doing just fine. I'm just so proud of your attitude that I wanted to comment on it.
Thank you so much! I appreciate it
Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #9  
started IP 2/25/12

Thanks everyone. I think I'll try it and see what happens. I'll keep you posted I appreciate all of the encouragement more than you know!!