Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Default IP and Surgery

I just found out I have to have a hysterectomy, and my date has been scheduled for April 24. I'm only 27 pounds from goal, and I do not want to quit...but how hard is it to stay IP while recovering? I'm very nervous and anxious about this...I DO NOT want to gain even an ounce of the weight back while I recover. Has anyone else had surgery? What did you do? BTW, my doc knows what kind of diet I'm on, and said nothing about it affecting my healing, etc...
Icathinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #2  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I did not have a Sugery per-say. I had a Procedure done back in December. I Changed nothing, Was completely OP but did gain due to Antibiotics... And once I was done with those I was back to normal... I wish you luck with your surgery and stay strong from Urges!! xoxox
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5'3"

My co-worker recently had the same surgery and she lost during recovery 10 lbs. She wasn't on any of the programs.
zoyaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

My friend just had surgery. She stayed op, but had a cheat meal the night before.
The first week of recovery she ate what she felt she could, between pain and nausea.
Now she is back to phase 1.
I don't see a reason for phasing off...and I would not trust a coach who is not a dr to decide for you. Check with your surgeon.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I had a hysterectomy about a 1 1/2 years ago, but that was before IP. However if it was now and I was on IP I would stay on it. I had to have ALL of my parts removed and it was done robotically. It wasn't bad at all; in fact the only pain medication I ever took was Tylenol. Of course this depends on what type of hysterectomy you have. Unless your doctor tells you different, I would stay on IP.

My best advice to recover easily and quickly is to make sure you get out and walk a little bit everyday. Even that night after my surgery they let me walk around the hospital floor, which also helps A LOT with the gas pains you will get from the surgery.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
I just found out I have to have a hysterectomy, and my date has been scheduled for April 24. I'm only 27 pounds from goal, and I do not want to quit...but how hard is it to stay IP while recovering? I'm very nervous and anxious about this...I DO NOT want to gain even an ounce of the weight back while I recover. Has anyone else had surgery? What did you do? BTW, my doc knows what kind of diet I'm on, and said nothing about it affecting my healing, etc...
Had that joyful surgery before IP. My only suggestion is that you talk to your doc ahead of time about constipation. They usually recommend eating prunes & prune juice post op, so just ask for an alternative option
Tinawebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawebb View Post
Had that joyful surgery before IP. My only suggestion is that you talk to your doc ahead of time about constipation. They usually recommend eating prunes & prune juice post op, so just ask for an alternative option
I've already thought of that, and it is one of my concerns since I struggle with it anyway. Doc said to use Colace, so I hope it does the trick for me! If not, I think if I up my veggies it will help too, and I know it won't be "on plan", but it's better than totally screwing up and eating something I CAN'T have!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice! I have no intention of phasing off. My only concern at this point is the pain meds making me nauseated. I plan to use the restricted (puffs or ridges) and have a few when/if I need to take any pain pills. I usually have a few crackers with pain meds, but obviously won't be doing that this time!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

i did this in March. I was told i had to go off, at least to phase 3, and stay there for 4 wks post op. All coaches are different. I lost another 7 pounds during the phaseoff and will be back to phase one on monday to get the last few pounds off for good before all of the yummy fruits and veg of summer.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote